**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Griffin is on record saying he’s not a fan of all the drama that Lavar brings

So makes sense that the Lakers would acquire assets

If there's any truth to this Lonzo to Chi rumor, I thought to myself, "why not trade Zo for Dunn and #7, then turn around and trade Dunn and #7 plus B.I., Wagner, and Hart to NOP for A.D," assuming that's the best and most appealing package a team can offer Griff. Not sure if it's good enough to get a deal done though.

Ideally, it be nice to keep #4 to select Culver or Garland. Ideally, it be nice to keep Kuz and his scoring ability as an outside threat. We get A.D., then go out and sign Kyrie to team up with LeRichPaul and next thing you know we right back in the championship mix.

They shouldn't even attempt to trade for AD until a free agent signs, cause when it doesn't happen you've killed the chemistry AGAIN for this season.

Still don't believe NOP will act in good faith.

They shouldn't even attempt to trade for AD until a free agent signs, cause when it doesn't happen you've killed the chemistry AGAIN for this season.

Still don't believe NOP will act in good faith.
For the money to work out you have to sign the FA first?
I’ve read something of that sort on twitter
Like to keep one of the young guys or something

For the money to work out you have to sign the FA first?
I’ve read something of that sort on twitter
Like to keep one of the young guys or something

Correct but just from a team dynamic perspective it doesn't make sense to trade for AD 1st cause if it's just him and Bron and trash we really ain't in a better position team wise for this season.

Correct but just from a team dynamic perspective it doesn't make sense to trade for AD 1st cause if it's just him and Bron and trash we really ain't in a better position team wise for this season.
Valid concern

But FA is after draft tho
But I’m sure Bron and AD will be appealing
The coaching staff looks better too on paper anywya

Have a hard time believing they offer zo bi and #4. Us moving up to #4 and Boston being out of it changed everything.

A lot of posturing going on right now.

Problem is the draft is before FA (needs to change btw but that’s a different conversation). Our pick holds the most value before the draft. Once we select a player that value is lost since a team won’t be able to select “their player.” Even if we select the player they would have drafted, in negotiations they will claim otherwise to get a better deal.

My concern is the lakers panic about possibly not getting anyone in FA and make a bad trade (BI/Zo/#4) before the draft for a fringe all star. Zo for 7 is a terrible. If we’re collecting assets then trades must occur simultaneously on draft day or before so the Pelicans can select their own players. If we’re stockpiling assets in hopes for AD only to have them say never mind then they basically would have conned us into trading our players for nothing and leaving us to select players we didn’t even want.

Not even sure what other packages were competing against right now too. Jaylen Brown? Kevin Knox? Lmao. We have more leverage than we did at the trade deadline (#4 pick, getting 1 year of AD as opposed to 1.5, Boston pieces were exposed, BI went brazy etc). I’m not even offering the same package anymore. Right now lakers need to make a deal before the draft. A take it or leave It of Kuz + #4 and 1 of Zo/Ingram.

If the draft starts and they ain’t make a deal then **** them and we take Garland/Culver and pray for Kawhi/Kyrie. If not we run it back with the young dudes.

Last edited:
Also read Bos pulling Tatum from all deals lol so they not even in the running

They're better off keeping their young guys at this point, not worth the gamble, especially if Kyrie is out. Keep Al, have him groom Williams, and go for a good combo of vets and role players and roll from there. That Brooklyn trade is almost undone at this point for Ainge, if things go as expected he really fumbled.

Valid concern

But FA is after draft tho
But I’m sure Bron and AD will be appealing
The coaching staff looks better too on paper anywya

Depending on the trade for AD. They may not have any space for a “max” free agent.

LeBron, AD, Deng stretch. And say there’s no one else on the roster but those two. Leaves about $32mil or so in cap space when you figure in the roster space holds. Each player drops that number a bit.

The 3 tiers for max deals are $27mil/$32.5mil/$37mil

So they have to either make the trade in principle and let it sit for a week, and sign a guy with space then the deal happens. Or make the trade and be in play for complimentary players.

It’s another reason why selling the farm for AD should make Pelinka take a long consideration for both sides.

y7rast8fsg231.jpg

Back
Top Bottom