**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Very foolish. As much as I would have it, I'd give up Kuz in an instant with the #1 pick for somebody worth it. By no means we should give up BI tho.

Yea I'm looking at it from a post-Bron team building perspective. Zo/AD is solid but we would still need a legit 2nd option. If you had BI/AD you could go a couple different directions for filling that 3rd option/glue guy. Easier to find that 3rd guy than a 2nd

I feel like time is on our side.

If Durant stays in GS (or doesn’t go to Ny) & Kyrie goes to Brooklyn, Boston and the Knicks motivation to trade for Unibrow drops down significantly.

Then our only competition for Unibrow would be Brooklyn and the Clippers. Will the Nets give up 3-4 years of asset building on a player who may not be committed to stay? Same thing with the Clippers. No way they trade for Unibrow if they don’t get a marquee free agent.

So once the free agency dust settles, we might be the only team with a legit offer. Basically I don’t see the motivation/point in hurrying to trade the entire young core for Unibrow.

I believe the NBA will bend over themselves trying to keep him away from us. Same with how CP3 was taken from us. I could see teams trading for him simply to keep him away from us and trying to attract future free agents to their team.

Yea I'm looking at it from a post-Bron team building perspective. Zo/AD is solid but we would still need a legit 2nd option. If you had BI/AD you could go a couple different directions for filling that 3rd option/glue guy. Easier to find that 3rd guy than a 2nd

After LeBron leaves:
AD, a max free agent this summer (Kyrie, Kawhi, Butler) and a 40% max slot >>> our young core of role players

After LeBron leaves:
AD, a max free agent this summer (Kyrie, Kawhi, Butler) and a 40% max slot >>> our young core of role players

And getting that max free agent is less and less likely by the day so again. Why mortgage the farm for AD?

And getting that max free agent is less and less likely by the day so again. Why mortgage the farm for AD?

"The farm" is a bunch of role players all of whom we won't be able to retain when they're all up for extension in afew years :lol::lol::lol:.

Any non-Laker Homer would make a #4, Ingram, Kuzma and Ball trade.

"The farm" is a bunch of role players all of whom we won't be able to retain when they're all up for extension in afew years :lol::lol::lol:.

Any non-Laker Homer would make a #4, Ingram, Kuzma and Ball trade.

We'll be able to retain at least 2 of them. 2 > 0. It was too much in February and it's too much now especially with the other biggest suitor not even going to be in the running. You looking at the short term impact. AD & Bron alone ain't winning **** and AD by himself can't eem get in the playoffs. I bet you thought D'Lo and Randle were just 'role players' too.

Idk how some people don’t like our young core. Why not set our selves up for the next 10+ years with this core? The warriors did it and look how that worked out for them? I get that AD is a hof player but to gut the entire core? Once Lebron leaves, AD will be in the same situation that he’s in right now in Nola.

v2-a2fcb700bef4423a6094651ab04e7357_hd.jpg

klaydraymonddurantcurry.jpg

I love the young core more than anyone on this board but you have to secure superstar players when you can

LeBron and AD with the right coach and system is a winner assuming u put decent players around them.

I love the young core more than anyone on this board but you have to secure superstar players when you can

LeBron and AD with the right coach and system is a winner assuming u put decent players around them.

I'm #2 behind you on the young core. I understand that you acquire superstars by any means necessary but I do not want to gut the team/trade all of them for one player. Depth is important and as we saw this season you cant fill out a bench/full team with one year contract trash.

Not just about Bron and AD. Want a few young guys to build around with AD once Bron is done.

No other team is offering anything close to all of our young guys plus #4.

Last edited:
They have to keep one of them. Pelicans should have taken that deal when it was on the table. No way they get the same deal.

“I know you want to do all the trading and all that, but I don’t know if I would trade the guys that they have. I wouldn’t personally. Now if I was New Orleans, I would have [done] it a long time ago. I was born in New Orleans. I didn’t grow up a Hornets fan because they were the Hornets when I was there. I would have pulled the trigger so quick.”

De'aaron fox lol

Last edited:
Cousins got traded for Hield (whose stock was incredibly low at the time) and the 10th pick I believe.

Butler got traded for Covington and saric

Paul George for Oladipo (whose stock wasn’t that high- ever made all star team etc. basically he was BI) and that years like 12th pick or something

Kawhi AND green for derozen (lol derozen, mr playoff egg layer)

Offer Pelicans BI 4th pick Wagner and nexts years 1st and Hart

Pels screwed themselves at the deadline. Only reason the Lakers should even offer as much is to match salaries, otherwise they'd be getting deng/zubac instead of an extra piece like kuz/#4 but the front office ****** that up

Back
Top Bottom