**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Ersyan Illyosova anyone? 7mill a year for two more years and bucks willing to attach picks to offload him

Ersyan Illyosova anyone? 7mill a year for two more years and bucks willing to attach picks to offload him

Nah he's soft and reminds me of the space cadet:

vladphilandnewvlad_original.jpg

David Locke on his podcast:

The media is saying Kawhi or kyrie to the Lakers, but inside NBA circles its believed Kemba is going to the Lakers.

Jimmy would be the next choice if Kemba doesn't come.

David Locke on his podcast:

The media is saying Kawhi or kyrie to the Lakers, but inside NBA circles its believed Kemba is going to the Lakers.

Jimmy would be the next choice if Kemba doesn't come.

After Kemba said he'd take less to stay in CHA, he immediately went to the top of the list.

Maybe Kemba takes a pay cut and does a 2+1 contract ?

Other options I like for role players:

-Ricky Rubio
-Marcus Morris- Another Rich Paul client.
-Terrence Ross

I'm interested because of the picks attached...If I can get this years pick and another future 1st rd. We cant be so focused on the now. Gotta get some cheap talent ready and available for when Lebron is gone and its just AD and Kuz. Imagine if we find another gem?.....where are they picking at right now? Might be worth getting him for a year and then dumping him next year...

I expect:

Rondo/Caruso/Bonga
Wes Mathews/Crawford
LeBron/Ariza
Kuzma/Wagner/Williams
AD/Kanter

2nd round exit. AD leaves next summer. LeBron retires.

Kawhi is unpredictable and different

He left Jordan brand

He wanted out of SA with a GOAT coach Pop

I could see him leaving Toronto

He’s a fun guy who just wants to win :lol:

He had to carry that team on one leg to win a chip against an injured team. Does he want to carry the team like that for another season?

No guarantees he’ll be in the finals again with Toronto. Lowry is old, Gasol is old

For better or worse I see them going all in on a max guy.

Not sure how to feel about Kemba. He would benefit from being the 3rd best guy so defenses cant load up on him, but his catch and shoot numbers arent great and he'll be a liability defensively in the playoffs.

Ramona on ESPN LA] "I don't know if Rob could have fought to push the deal on July 30th. If the Pelicans trade the #4 pick then they don't have the right to say what that team does with it."

[Shelburne] "It's also against league rules to have conditioned trades. The Pelicans cannot say to the Lakers "we'll wait until July 30th" because it's not up to them, any trade they make subsequently cannot be conditional to them."

I feel like Kawhi will re-sign with Toronto for 2 years. Then at 29(with 5-6 prime years left) sign a Max somewhere else.

He's not leaving period at least for a couple seasons. We'll have our shot at him after Bron retires hopefully.
I'll take it. We can beat up on Toronto in the Finals the next two years and when Kawhi realizes Gasol, Lowry, and Ibaka too old, he'll come join the super friends like KD did.

For what reason though?

He hates being far away from Cali. He's done his part and brought that franchise, city, and country a championship.

Umm because they just won a championship, have a great chance at repeating and he is the KING of one of the best cities in the world. Why not stay? He can get paid now, enjoy it for a few more years and when the NBA landscape shifts again in 2 years, he can pick where he wants to play out the rest of his prime.

The kinda love he is getting shown right now in Toronto, we never be matched by anywhere. Not even LA or Riverside lol. Dude is a God out there man.

Back
Top Bottom