**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If we could get Kawhi, I (highly doubt we will). having Davis and Leonard locked up for the next four or five years sets your franchise up for success long beyond when LeBron retires.
Of course but I'm still not sold on Kawhi not being an injury prone mess of sorts. If we could get him I won't complain, but I'm not gonna be upset if we don't.

I’m all for optimism but you guys are so damn blind it’s sickening.

1) front offices don’t magically go from completely inept to genius over 2 weeks. The front office are what we think they are. They get no credit for AD or LeBron. That’s all RP.

2) we didn’t even know about the damn 30 day rule and now we will be left with 23 mil to spend to get about 5-6 more players with. We even screwed the nerdy contract details rob wasn’t suppose to be great at.

3) nobody taking big paycuts. Lots of teams have money this summer. We will be absolutely lucky if we get Pat Beverly. I mean ABSOLUTELY LUCKY.

4) expect more of last year: bunch of 2-4 mill players nobody wants and 1 9-10 mill dollar player. Add to that Wagner bonga Kuzma and 2 g leaguers. That’s it. I’m thinking Beverly rondo carter and Wes Mathews. Y’all here talking about kemba, kawhi, kyrie lol. And you say you’ll be “ok with” Marcus Morris, Brook Lopez, Cousins... keep dreaming guys.

What team other Golden State. No other team has 3 stars.

I think
Bron/AD/Kuz can get it done but we would need SOILD ROLE PLAYERS.

So do you guys think they will start Davis at PF or C? I think he will thrive at C, but he doesn't like the wear and tear, which is understandable.

And if he starts at PF, that means Kuzma goes to the bench. And for a thinner team, that might be a good idea.

Ideally Bron should be at the 4 with AD at C and Kuz at the 3. If Javele comes back on the cheap he'd be a good compliment at the 5.

While I do find it funny that the narrative changed so fast (going from a rejected deal to "the Lakers got fleeced") my issue is that the Lakers weren't really bidding against anyone except their own desperation. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited and I think we won the trade but I think we could have kept the 2024/2025 pick and not done the 2023 pick swap.

I'd feel differently if we were in a bidding war against the Celtics, Knicks and other teams but from what I'm reading, we were the only team in the running.
Of course we was the only team in the running. It's been like that since February. You gotta give something for a player like AD. Nobody we gave up has made a all star team yet so the picks had to go. Everything we gave up is all based on potential.

See I'm not mad at LA for going out there and grabbing AD even if it was an overpay. I mean sometime you just gotta do it. Sure Pels coulda been lying about the other offers but you dont know that? You cant get too cute with this ****. Plus its AD...plus you kept Kuz. Not bad. But the details of the trade and dates is whats annoying.

Ideally Bron should be at the 4 with AD at C and Kuz at the 3. If Javele comes back on the cheap he'd be a good compliment at the 5.
Definitley want McGee back to play 18-20 MPG. Davis can play a majority of the rest of the C minutes. Not sure I trust Wagner to be a rotation player next season (if he's not traded :lol:).

Of course we was the only team in the running. It's been like that since February. You gotta give something for a player like AD. Nobody we gave up has made a all star team yet so the picks had to go. Everything we gave up is all based on potential.

I totally agree. As a lot of you guys know, I wasn't nearly as high on the young core as many of you guys were. Still, because we were the only team in the running I think we could have retained some of those draft picks. I'm a lot less concerned about trading the young players and more concerned about those draft picks.

Regardless, as long as the Lakers remain a competent team over the next couple of years (which is questionable given our front office and ownership) those pics will be in the late twenties making them pretty much worthless.

The matchup nightmare with Bron and AD at the 4 and 5

1455138669_a4685e2d83d2fef4b7fc3bd5a08f8c4a.gif

Javale & Dedmon are the two guys i'm hoping for as far as bigs go. They rebound well enough and can hold down the paint.

Also if i'm the Lakers i'm buying a late first/early second their draft scouting has been immaculate this entire run, especially the out the lottery picks.

They may not get to 32, but they'll get to 27-28 and Kawhi will take that on the 1+1.

Then they'll sign Rondo (sorry) for the 4.8

Re-sign Javale. Min

I kinda feel like Melo/Vince are in play, David West type ring chasers.

George Hill.

The key will be can we get Brooke back, and will KCP do us a solid for the 30 mil we gave him and take the min?

Rondo/Hill
Kawhi/KCP/Vince
Bron/Melo
AD/Kuz/Wagner
Brooke/Javale

That's doable. Not a lock, but doable.

Vet buyouts become valuable as well in Dec/Jan.

They may not get to 32, but they'll get to 27-28 and Kawhi will take that on the 1+1.

Re-sign Javale. Min

George Hill.

The key will be can we get Brooke back, and will KCP do us a solid for the 30 mil we gave him and take the min?

Rondo/Hill
Kawhi/KCP/Vince
Bron/Melo
AD/Kuz/Wagner
Brooke/Javale

This is the only way- word to dr Strange

Kawhi does a 1+1 and he can get like 400 mill in two years (exaggeration but u know what I mean)

Kawhi isn't coming and AD ain't waiving the trade kicker unless we get a commitment from another max guy.

So we're more likely looking at 23-24 mil than 27-28 (unless it's Kemba).

We're better off filling out the roster.

Pat Bev at 9 mill
Seth Curry at 2.5 mil
Marcus Sr. at 8 mil
Lopez at 4 mil
Danny Green room exception at 4.8 mil
Noah at vet min
Javele or Noel at vet min (hopefully)
Melo at vet min
Try and move Bonga and Mo to free up 3 mil I guess and try to buy some 2nd rd picks

Re-sign Javale. Min

George Hill.

Rondo/Hill
Kawhi/KCP/Vince
Bron/Melo
AD/Kuz/Wagner
Brooke/Javale

I found the new DLF DLF

Back
Top Bottom