**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Umm because they just won a championship, have a great chance at repeating and he is the KING of one of the best cities in the world. Why not stay? He can get paid now, enjoy it for a few more years and when the NBA landscape shifts again in 2 years, he can pick where he wants to play out the rest of his prime.

The kinda love he is getting shown right now in Toronto, we never be matched by anywhere. Not even LA or Riverside lol. Dude is a God out there man.

Cmon man let’s say he comes to the Lakers and they actually win the championship. He would probably get way more love than AD and LeBron because he from LA lived up to his promise and brought a chip. Playing for the Lakers not only get you the love from Los Angeles but we talking about worldwide. You think he getting that LeBron/Kobe China love playing for the Spurs/Raptors?

Cmon man let’s say he comes to the Lakers and they actually win the championship. He would probably get way more love than AD and LeBron because he from LA lived up to his promise and brought a chip. Playing for the Lakers not only get you the love from Los Angeles but we talking about worldwide. You think he getting that LeBron/Kobe China love playing for the Spurs/Raptors?
I don't think he cares, to be honest. He just wants to play ball.

n356r12mxz431.jpg

Lakers gave up a "haul" though

While I do find it funny that the narrative changed so fast (going from a rejected deal to "the Lakers got fleeced") my issue is that the Lakers weren't really bidding against anyone except their own desperation. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited and I think we won the trade but I think we could have kept the 2024/2025 pick and not done the 2023 pick swap.

I'd feel differently if we were in a bidding war against the Celtics, Knicks and other teams but from what I'm reading, we were the only team in the running.

Last edited:
People are bashing us because of a 7th grader 6 years from now might make us regret going to 3-4 Finals in the meantime.

Interesting analysis.

Also, one of the reasons that I was such a big advocate for this trade was the financials going forward. Ingram is up for extension at the end of next season and he's going to get paid and then the season after that, Lonzo and Hart are up for extension. obviously there's no reason to trade for those young assets if you plan on letting them walk in a year or two. I rather pay Anthony Davis $40m per year then give Ingram and Ball $25m+ per year and extend Hart. That would have kept us out with the mediocre team. I'd rather consolidate my salary with superstars then end up like the Blazers who ended up paying all of their role players a lot of money now they're capped out with a mediocre team

Also, one of the reasons that I was such a big advocate for this trade was the financials going forward. Ingram is up for extension at the end of next season and he's going to get paid and then the season after that, Lonzo and Hart are up for extension. obviously there's no reason to trade for those young assets if you plan on letting them walk in a year or two. I rather pay Anthony Davis $40m per year then give Ingram and Ball $25m+ per year and extend Hart. That would have kept us out with the mediocre team. I'd rather consolidate my salary with superstars then end up like the Blazers who ended up paying all of their role players a lot of money now they're capped out with a mediocre team

All we had to do was trade Ingram for some future picks. We COULD have kept Zo and Kuz going forward and sign AD as a free agent, but it's whatever.

AD not waiving his trade kicker is going to hurt as well for this season.

All we had to do was trade Ingram for some future picks. We COULD have kept Zo and Kuz going forward and sign AD as a free agent, but it's whatever.

AD not waiving his trade kicker is going to hurt as well for this season.

The Lakers have already wasted mutliple NBA seasons using the "don't trade for him, he's coming here next offseason" approach. It's screwed us with Paul George and Kawhi. Would you really want to go to that again?

The Lakers have already wasted mutliple NBA seasons using the "don't trade for him, he's coming here next offseason" approach. It's screwed us with Paul George and Kawhi. Would you really want to go to that again?
Can we collectively stop using PG, when this is discussed? That’s not our fault, him and his camp told us NOT to trade for him he was coming anyways

Look. PG told us not to trade for him. Pop wouldn't trade him to us so it was out of our hands. Klutch is setting us up as home base with Bron and AD. Sure it would've been a risk but to say we COULDN'T have retained more and seeing as everybody else was scared off and nobody in the bidding for AD I'm confident he would have come anyway as a free agent.

Can we collectively stop using PG, when this is discussed? That’s not our fault, him and his camp told us NOT to trade for him he was coming anyways

Look. PG told us not to trade for him. Pop wouldn't trade him to us so it was out of our hands. Klutch is setting us up as home base with Bron and AD. Sure it would've been a risk but to say we COULDN'T have retained more and seeing as everybody else was scared off and nobody in the bidding for AD I'm confident he would have come anyway as a free agent.

Of course there's no way we could have predicted everything that went down with Paul George or Kawhi. What I'm getting at is that circumstances change over the course of a year.

Remember when people are saying that Paul George coming to the Lakers last offseason was a lock and that there was no way Kawhi would even consider re-signing with Toronto. Things changed over the course of the year and it's a pretty big risk just keep wasting years saying "wait til next summer"

I don't think Kawhi staying in Toronto is that much of a lock. Look at it like this- he can either join up with Bron/AD and health provided, be hands down title favorites. Or he can let Kemba/Kyrie join up with Bron/AD to form a super team and have to go through them.

If he wants to win it seems pretty obvious.

Y'all really on drugs.

I just don't think we should shift focus to Kawhi. Kinda don't want him. I want a well rounded squad. Let's add another solid piece and get something going for the bench

Sounding more and more like the Lakers will be relegated to around $23M to spend in free agency. Should be able to fetch two decent-solid players to go with the Room Exception.

I just don't think we should shift focus to Kawhi. Kinda don't want him. I want a well rounded squad. Let's add another solid piece and get something going for the bench

If we could get Kawhi, I (highly doubt we will). having Davis and Leonard locked up for the next four or five years sets your franchise up for success long beyond when LeBron retires.

How so? What part of that logic doesn't make sense to you?

He's the best player on the planet right now and represents the current balance of power in the NBA. He obviously can do whatever he wants, but why would he come here when he's proven to be able to carry a team as the lone superstar? The East is easier, he literally can be a part time player and have free reign in Toronto. Their team is deep as hell and have the ability to bring back everybody and repeat or at the very least make another finals run as seeing MIL looks to be the only team in the East coming back mostly in tact.

We know the circus that comes along with Bron and it's the Lakers as well. And from a financial perspective it's very unlikely we'll even have room to offer him a max contract. The same person that told me he was going to the Clippers is the same one that told me he's staying now and he's pretty connected in the NBA and has a rooting interest in the Clippers so not sure why he'd just make it up now. We'll get a meeting but that's it.

Also I don't have any confidence in Rob to fill out the rest of this roster given how poor of a negotiator he was doing this trade and the stuff from last summer.

We're only going to have 23-27 mill to work with cause this trade isn't getting delayed a month.

I don’t think kawhi a lock to reup in Toronto

When they was chanting 1 more year and Lowry thicc *** made them chant 5 more years kawhi looked so awkward.. dude wasn’t even facing the crowd and had the awkward smile like “stop *****”. Dude knows he gone and he ainn even playin along

So do you guys think they will start Davis at PF or C? I think he will thrive at C, but he doesn't like the wear and tear, which is understandable.

And if he starts at PF, that means Kuzma goes to the bench. And for a thinner team, that might be a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom