**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Crazy to think that a jump shooting team isn't showing energy when the shots * aren't falling

But if d'lo was in there, dudes would be persecuting him to no end

Last edited:
Different positions but I don't think so. Both are better prospects than D'Lo though.

Both are pretty unathletic which is the main problem we have now plus Ball is even a worse shooter than D'Lo. He can get to certain spots more effectively without so much use of screens though. If we were to draft ball, need to move D'Lo for a shooter.

Last edited:
Lol I just turned the TV on and checked the score...
alien.gif

The Kidd comparison is pretty accurate but him and D'Lo in the same backcourt is a bad look. Obviously if we don't get #1 overall we'll have to take BPA and figure it out later but the fit in my mind is not pretty. Think the Smith kid from NCST is a better fit or even Monk but we likely could trade down if we keep the pick to get him.

No way Lakers keep their pick.

No point in even entertaining the idea, unless we get some sort of Cleveland Cavaliers luck

No way Lakers keep their pick.

No point in even entertaining the idea, unless we get some sort of Cleveland Cavaliers luck

How sway? After this loss we'll be back to 4th worse winning percentage in the league. Literally a spot away. We'd be doing what OKC did.

Last edited:
How sway? After this loss we'll be back to 4th worse winning percentage in the league. Literally a spot away. We'd be doing what OKC did.

The teams below us are Brooklyn, Suns, and Heat.

Those teams were bred to tank this year, there is no way we out tank them. Plus our FO has something to play for especially with Jim Buss' talk about stepping down, they wont let the Lakers lay down, and with that they will win games they aren't supposed to win.

I cannot imagine a situation other than sheer luck where we back into a draft pick.

Hope i'm wrong though, but I don't want tanking, if they suck let them suck, i'm not for another year of purposely finding ways to lose.

Last edited:

I cannot imagine a situation other than sheer luck where we back into a draft pick.

Check back after the trade deadline
If the team trades guys like NY, Lou or black
It's gonna be a full on youth movement

Last edited:
Either way, tanking or the Cleveland come up, I'm all in for keeping this pick.

We ain't winnin a title this year, so let's add a lottery prize then.

Would love for Mitch to help the cause by flipping Lou and Nick. Give more PT to the kids, add assets and help your odds. Make the call Mitch.

Either way, tanking or the Cleveland come up, I'm all in for keeping this pick.

We ain't winnin a title this year, so let's add a lottery prize then.

Would love for Mitch to help the cause by flipping Lou and Nick. Give more PT to the kids, add assets and help your odds. Make the call Mitch.

Nothing from their previous last few trade deadlines shows Mitch has this type of thinking.

Just hope next year the younger players develop more, that's my pessimistic view on all of this.

We just need 1 hit out of Randle/Ingram/Russell

Just sucks because we know they won't do that. Because then we look like we are trying to tank.

Just wish they would find a way to ship deng out of here...dah well.

Check back after the trade deadline
If the team trades guys like NY, Lou or black
It's gonna be a full on youth movement[/quote

There are no trades out there, Lou Williams and Nick Young, who is going to give us anything for them?

You said you can't imagine a scenario other than sheer luck for us to keep our pick

By trading those guys ( for draft picks ) or even deng for Rudy Gay
You lose a lot of the scoring thus making us even worse
Now that is IF the team makes the decision to go in the tanking direction

But until then, you can't say it's not an option for the team to Go in

Thus my comment about checking in after the trade deadline

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom