**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Morris for Bradley, Boogie and Kuzma works in the trade machine.

I'm iffy though because Morris is a free agent at the end of the season.

1580857649904.png

A Lakers upgrade
New York Knicks get:
Avery Bradley, DeMarcus Cousins and Kyle Kuzma

Los Angeles Lakers get: Marcus Morris

Pelton: I think Morris should be atop the Lakers' list of targets this week. While they certainly could use a playmaking upgrade, I don't think any of the realistic options (headlined by Derrick Rose) work well playing off the ball next to LeBron James. Additionally, the Lakers might be able to sign Darren Collison as a free agent after Wojnarowski reported last month that the veteran point guard is planning to return to the NBA. Collison retired last summer, but he hopes to sign with either the Lakers or Clippers.

Because the Lakers can't trade Kentavious Caldwell-Pope -- or JaVale McGee -- without their agreement (owing to the fact that they were re-signed to what could be one-year deals, if they decline 2020-21 player options), the Lakers probably would either have to trade 4-for-1 (including Quinn Cook and one of their minimum-salary players) or send out starting shooting guard Bradley to match salary for Morris. Given the possibility of filling those open roster spots in the buyout market, I still think giving up Bradley is palatable in order to get a more complete player capable of finishing games for the Lakers -- especially given the likelihood they could re-sign Morris this summer.

Conversely, despite indications that the Knicks might want to bring Morris back on a new deal, they'd be better off trading him now. Morris is shooting a career-high 44% from 3-point range this season, and he'll be 31 by the start of the 2020-21 season, so it's unlikely his value will be this high at next year's trade deadline. With a favorable contract that pays him just $3.6 million next year ahead of an extension or restricted free agency, I think Kuzma is a better return than the Clippers' first-round pick, unless New York could deal Maurice Harkless for additional value.

tl;dr: AB, DMC, Kuz for Morris while assuming/hoping Collison comes back and signs with us

Man can we just give up Rondo some how :lol:. If Collison says he’s coming then it’s gonna be Rondos minutes that he’ll be taking.

Why the **** is rondo the focal point of our offense when LeBron sits? He’s literally the worst player on the roster. ****.

I can tell who really watches games by their take on rondo lol
Some of my laker friends tell me they love rondo and he’s good and smart :lol:
Yup those are definitely the people that only just look at Wins and loses or stats or only watch highlights of the game.. :rofl:

Kuzma been a rebounding machine.

Remember LeBron took that one leg three pointer a few weeks ago lol

Back
Top Bottom