**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Hoping for a W today and continued downward trend in ratings.

I hate nba media and love that nobody is blaming them for making the game about narratives and hype over the actual X’s and O’s. The longer it takes for them to be blamed the lower the ratings will go. I love it.

xwx4m44abir51.jpg

Hoping for a W today and continued downward trend in ratings.

I hate nba media and love that nobody is blaming them for making the game about narratives and hype over the actual X’s and O’s. The longer it takes for them to be blamed the lower the ratings will go. I love it.
the ratings have everything else to do besides the on-court play lol

We had a fourth quarter lead despite everything

just need Danny green to make a damn shot or two and we win tonight lol

We had a fourth quarter lead despite everything

just need Danny green to make a damn shot or two and we win tonight lol
Ya sometimes it ain’t rocket science. They quadruple. Put him in pick and rolls and have them make mistakes on who was suppose to guard him. Make sure DG at least hits 33 percent of his 3s

the double teams worked
he's bad out of them lol sort of panics

once he unlocks that part of his mental tho it's OVER

This is why LeBron > AD despite the stats saying otherwise sometimes. AD is dominant but he needs to be set up and handheld in a way that LeBron doesn't. LeBron is such a smart player that he can defeat anything you throw at him. AD does panic from time to time when he gets doubled and he makes some bad decisions. LeBron (and Rondo to a lesser extent) makes AD's life so much easier by setting him up and putting him in position to succeed.

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
We got this.

gotta set the tone right off the bat and play SOLID, can’t be sloppy & careless with the ball...shots will fall not worried about that necessarily

we got off to a carless/weird start immediately last game and it stuck with us the whole time

This is why LeBron > AD despite the stats saying otherwise sometimes. AD is dominant but he needs to be set up and handheld in a way that LeBron doesn't. LeBron is such a smart player that he can defeat anything you throw at him. AD does panic from time to time when he gets doubled and he makes some bad decisions. LeBron (and Rondo to a lesser extent) makes AD's life so much easier by setting him up and putting him in position to succeed.
i agree. at least for this year. AD a monster but there are mental holes to his game (decision making out of double teams to be particular) and like you said he has to be set up often (not 100% of the time). lots of his buckets are result of playmaking decisions from Bron and Rondo.

BUT yall know that Bron is my guy
I can honestly say this is the last year/run for Bron being 1A on this team.
Next year it's gonna be 100% the Brow Show. If they can get this chip I'm sure it'll unlock AD's game more he's just gotta work on that double team issue tbh. winning a chip unlocks every player's confidence lol he'll be more comfortable and efficient in picking his spots and that's going to be scary because he's already elite at that.

Lakers will be better with AD as 1A anyway lol. just gotta get some shooters.

i agree. at least for this year. AD a monster but there are mental holes to his game (decision making out of double teams to be particular) and like you said he has to be set up often (not 100% of the time). lots of his buckets are result of playmaking decisions from Bron and Rondo.

BUT yall know that Bron is my guy
I can honestly say this is the last year/run for Bron being 1A on this team.
Next year it's gonna be 100% the Brow Show. If they can get this chip I'm sure it'll unlock AD's game more he's just gotta work on that double team issue tbh. winning a chip unlocks every player's confidence lol he'll be more comfortable and efficient in picking his spots and that's going to be scary because he's already elite at that.

Lakers will be better with AD as 1A anyway lol. just gotta get some shooters.

This is something we need to address in the off-season. I think LeBron can have at least one more year of MVP level play in him but I don't think he can do so while playing good defense and being this team's primary ball handler. We should prioritize getting a real point guard that will allow LeBron to at least take breaks on offense.

This is something we need to address in the off-season. I think LeBron can have at least one more year of MVP level play in him but I don't think he can do so while playing good defense and being this team's primary ball handler. We should prioritize getting a real point guard that will allow LeBron to at least take breaks on offense.
Jrue Holiday would be a dream lol

Seems like we’ve needed that for decades

need a PG to take the ball out of Kobes hands
Need a PG to take the ball out of Lebron’s hands

lol I remember we got GP and Nash and they would just throw it to Kobe and hed use the whole clock in ISO :lol:

Even with the double team he wasn't aggressive enough.
Double team made him uncomfortable and made him do some uncharacteristic turnovers
but he for sure wasn't looking to score from the jump
he usually catches and gets into his move for a drive/shot/faces up for step bac etc. but he was like surverying the floor too long

Bam being back means more single coverage though and I'm sure he's in the mentality that he wants to bounce back so he'll be more aggressive either way

However he had like 4 fouls called on him in 17 min of play bruh
disgusting officiating the other game lol

Back
Top Bottom