**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

He’s elite at blocking shots and protecting the rim

He's not but y'all are set on this for some reason. He's a constant net negative player, especially because of how he plays on defense.

Once again he costs nothing.

And coming to play with Bron and the Lakers could change him. Look at dwight...

I don't think him and Dwight are comparable whatsoever. Dwight was actually playing good the year he played before he came here then missed a year because of his back.

Again, he has been a net negative player his whole career that looks better than he is because of his build and athleticism. Even as a reserve.

Don't know if he gets bought out. Sucks that we can't get Javele if he is bought out (unless traded).

But it's clear we need that big. Marc ain't it.

He's not but y'all are set on this for some reason.
830738BF-A06D-4BB5-896C-9CA68B2BD6FC.gif

Oh he didn’t lead the league in blocks per game last year?

Oh he didn’t lead the league in blocks per game last year?

You sound like the Knicks fans that anointed Mitch Robinson as the best paint defender after his rookie year.
Tell me if he's so good why he got benched even when Nurkic was out? And eventually was barely getting minutes. Just like Miami, just like now in Sac.

I mean, you can't just not play the league leader in blocks right?

Try watching him.

You sound like the Knicks fans that anointed Mitch Robinson as the best paint defender after his rookie year.
Tell me if he's so good why he got benched even when Nurkic was out? And eventually was barely getting minutes. Just like Miami, just like now in Sac.

I mean, you can't just not play the league leader in blocks right?

Try watching him.
He averaged 16 points, 14 boards, and 3 blocks per game last season.

I just saw a MF get $200M for those numbers

geez buddy relax LOL coming in all hot and bothered over here.

yeah portland lost their rim protector and ultimately their defensive identity, look how that has been fairing for them this year. He’s an impact player wether you like his personality or not. Dood led the league in blocks last year and was 4th year before that so to say dood is not elite is pretty unfair for whatever reason....seems to me you just don’t like him as a person and thats fine but don’t let your personal bias cloud your basketball judgement.

yes he’s a knucklehead, but we have had many knuckleheads come here and fall in line. Lance, boogie cousins, dwight, trezz.....LeBron lead team checks all that ego **** at the door...not sure if you have caught onto that yet. Guys come to a LeBron team, it’s championship time you reel it in, opposed to playing for draft pics in sacramento in the middle of the sticks....and he was DOMINANT in miami until he decided to go against spo and ultimately got shipped out.

would LOVE whiteside on this team. I’m pretty sure Rob would too.

geez buddy relax LOL coming in all hot and bothered over here.

yeah portland lost their rim protector and ultimately their defensive identity, look how that has been fairing for them this year. He’s an impact player wether you like his personality or not. Dood led the league in blocks last year and was 4th year before that so to say dood is not elite is pretty unfair for whatever reason....seems to me you just don’t like him as a person and thats fine but don’t let your personal bias cloud your basketball judgement.

yes he’s a knucklehead, but we have had many knuckleheads come here and fall in line. Lance, boogie cousins, dwight, trezz.....LeBron lead team checks all that ego **** at the door...not sure if you have caught onto that yet. Guys come to a LeBron team, it’s championship time you reel it in, opposed to playing for draft pics in sacramento in the middle of the sticks....and he was DOMINANT in miami until he decided to go against spo and ultimately got shipped out.

would LOVE whiteside on this team. I’m pretty sure Rob would too.

I’ve only talked about his capabilities as a basketball player but ok it’s personal :lol:

Sell yourself however you want on him I’ve seen enough of him to know I’m good.

I guess there's still John Henson if Whiteside ain't the guy lol

Either way, hopefully we get Playoff Gasol for 15 min a game in the postseason so we don't have to rely on another center who can defend the paint, rim protect, and alter shots.

What's great about Trezz is that despite his height, he has long arms and can alter/block shots.

As long as the combo of Playoff Marc and AD hold down the fort at the center position come playoff time, we got ample versatile 4s (Trezz, Bron, Kuz, Kieff) who can play alongside em.

We supposedly sacrificed defense and size with the subtractions of Javale n Dwight by adding offense in the off season. So far this team has shown the ability to lock teams down defensively.

Yeah I'd like to see more shot blocking but I think we straight. In Pelinka we trust.

Health is the one thing that's gonna be the key to the championship run.

Last edited:
yea count me out of Whiteside also, there's a reason he put up those numbers last year & is still unsigned :emoji_disappointed_relieved: . He refuses to fit in any system, ideally he could do what Javale did for us but Javale was willing to sacrifice

Whiteside literally has ADD. I'm good on him. It's not just a matter of getting him to buy in. He has multiple psychological disorders

If we get whiteside it’s not to have him be our cornerstone franchise center

he’ll play like 12 minutes, stretch his long arms, get a couple boards, a block or two and contest/alter some shots in the lane

no brainer

Exactly. He would feel the Dwight Howard role. He just needs to rebound, block shots and catch lobs. Some of you guys are overthinking it.

Why are y'all so convinced Hassan Whiteside will suddenly become Dwight Howard :lol: He'd be a broke man's Javale at best, and even then Javale knows how to adapt to his role.

Like it feels like just because he's big and athletic this correlation is being made.

12 minutes a games is a whole *** quarter and you want this dude giving up buckets for 1/4 of a game. Getting 2 blocks when you give up 15-20 points isn't a good thing.

Played 7 minutes last night and 14 the game before on the Kings but he should get 12 minutes with the Lakers :lol:

Zube would you be happy with 10 min? How about 8? :lol:

people clowned Javale and Dwight before they came here and ultimately made an impact. Anything is possible.

Dwight was a 3x dpoy and at least said all the right things and acted like he was ready to embrace a new role. Javale showed he could contribute to a championship team in golden state and was a great locker room guy. Whiteside has ADD, ADHD, borderline personality disorder and classy deficiency syndrome, whatever that is. Really think about that for a second :lol:. Lakers also have the 2nd best record in the league so it's not like they're desperate for help

Back
Top Bottom