**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Giving trash teams confidence in the first quarter. Glad we pulled it out. Wes came up big too

We always have these weird lulls at different points in the game. Some of our losses (Golden State and Portland) We came out like gangbusters and took an early double-digit lead only to fall asleep later in the game. The same thing happened against Detroit over the weekend.

Other games we come out listless and we're down double digits early and we have to fight back.

Schroder's decision making is head-scratching at times, but I like the aggressiveness in general.

Between this and the double OT loss, these are some gritty, grind out wins than in the end gives us confidence to be able to outlast teams.

Team needs a lob threat/shot blocker at the rim to open things up and stop teams from running lay up lines on us. Our perimeter defense is SOLID tho

Marc just a body out there man.

ANDRE DRUMMOND would be perfect, who else yall think gonna be available in the buyout market?

Between this and the double OT loss, these are some gritty, grind out wins than in the end gives us confidence to be able to outlast teams.

Team needs a lob threat/shot blocker at the rim to open things up and stop teams from running lay up lines on us. Our perimeter defense is SOLID tho

Marc just a body out there man.

ANDRE DRUMMOND would be perfect, who else yall think gonna be available in the buyout market?

I don't think they will buyout Drummond. Whiteside might get bought out....

These problems will be resolved when AD gets back to his expected level of play for 40 MPG in the playoffs.

Whiteside is a monster at the rim 👀

ideal fit, he wouldn’t have to do much here but play his game. Him and AD on the floor at the same time would be TERRORIZING.

A big tandem of Whiteside/Gasol would be ideal for soaking up fouls and cleaning the glass to begin quarters ala Javale/Dwight or Bogut/Ezeli/Zaza etc. You know Bron/AD closing in the frontcourt. Guess there's an off chance Trez is clicking and they keep him in if he isn't completely ****ing up on defense too.

Drummond is not getting bought out. I don't know why them blogboys even brought that up when they have Javale. I'm sure Lakers would welcome him back with open arms but unless they deal for him straight up I don't think they can get him back.

I guess Dedmon is done. Whatever happened to Darren Collison? I guess he's enjoying retirement and the causes he stepped away for.

Could we use another big, sure. Do we NEED one for the playoffs? Not really.
agree
it would be nice but at this point it's really a luxury and it if they it happens it should be a luxury that's affordable

gotta figure when it's time for the trenches AD does play a lot more 5

He’s 7 ft can get 10 boards/blocks shots
and cost nothing

Have you watched him play? Those block numbers are empty because he gives up baskets constantly chasing a block instead of playing his rotation. Why do you think he's been benched/phased out the lineup literally everywhere he's gone?
On top of that the ball stops as soon as it touches his hands, dude goes for the bucket every time and the rest of the team immediately doesn't exist to him and he has the intelligence of a brick.

No thanks.

People still think Whiteside is a good basketball player? :rofl:
He’s elite at blocking shots and protecting the rim, and can catch just about any lob u throw in his direction, no one ever said he was a franchise player or an MVP candidate

and another big would be ideal not to replace marc per say, moreso to cover for trez defensive shortcomings when he gets matched up against taller, athletic guys because we know marc can’t stay in front his own shadow at this point.

Have you watched him play? Those block numbers are empty because he gives up baskets constantly chasing a block instead of playing his rotation. Why do you think he's been benched/phased out the lineup literally everywhere he's gone?
On top of that the ball stops as soon as it touches his hands, dude goes for the bucket every time and the rest of the team immediately doesn't exist to him and he has the intelligence of a brick.

No thanks.

Once again he costs nothing.

And coming to play with Bron and the Lakers could change him. Look at dwight...

Back
Top Bottom