**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Like somebody said down 2 starters, lose by 2.

I know losses in Feb don't matter much...but it was right there.

Tough tough loss.

If we have Dennis I think we win this easy.

It’s 2021 guys I hope we’re not doing this tired argument anymore 😂

Lebron’s 3 ball was way off tonight… as it has been the past couple of weeks. My guess is tired legs, probably should take a night off here and there but he probably won’t.

More than Dwight or Javale, this would’ve been a nice game to still have Rondo on the roster….pushing the pace and running the offense.

Hot Take: LeBron gave this one to his old pal Erik,.. gave Ol Coach Spo that *wink* *wink* before the tip knowing that the Heat need a lil help in the East standings since they been struggling all season playing sub .500 ball.

We won the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters, and lost. :lol:

It happens. Dennis and/or AD and we win comfortably.

Need to beat Washington, get Dennis back soon (rested btw), get to the ASB, AD will be back a couple weeks after that.

We'll be fine.

You know your team is majorly flawed when your starting PG is out and you LITERALLY have no suitable replacement for him to even give you 15 good mins

literally even a guy like Brad Wanamaker would be good for this team. Anyone who can dribble and being ball up without turning it over. Our two back up pg’s can’t play.

Yesterday it was "we need another center"

Today it's "we need another backup PG"

What's it gonna be tomorrow?

Vogel, Bron, coach AD, and the rest of the Lakers are right where they want to be, with Boogie Cousins on his way.

I’m not mad at Bron passing it tho
Head a close *** double team lol

there only ONE guy I would want to shoot that shot with the double team that close

F316AF9E-AF39-4FB5-974B-E2B6E6C08F1C.jpeg
I’m not too mad at LBJ, couple of those treys fall (*and cut down the TO’s) and his night doesn’t look that bad.

The Contract Year kids…THT and Caruso…have to play better while Dennis is out. 37 minutes - 5 points, 3 rebounds and 7 assists combined is not getting it done.

Bron passing was right.

But if we don't take that dumb 3 the possession prior...maybe we don't have to make that type of play.

Don’t need to see a star player force up a terrible shot to prove anything.

Couldn’t make any jumpers in the 4th, and some terrible execution/play calling down the stretch as mentioned.Liked the fight just couldn’t get it done tonight, on to the next one

Yesterday it was "we need another center"

Today it's "we need another backup PG"

What's it gonna be tomorrow?

Vogel, Bron, coach AD, and the rest of the Lakers are right where they want to be, with Boogie Cousins on his way.
Shows you the flaws this team has.

Saw Wes posting up and Trez shooting 3’s tonight. Vogel should be drug tested
Don’t forget the out of bounds play with 25 secs left.

use these 3 games to experiment with McKinnie. Dudley. Cook. We look lost. Do something get creative.More pick and rolls. More iso for trez. Do something Vogel

Honestly, I don't see the need for concern at this point.

Are there some areas we need to shore up and probably look to the buyout market to aid in another run? Absolutely.

But we still have the 3rd best record in the league w/AD missing a bunch of games. I honestly expected our record to be worst at this point, coming off a short off-season and virtually no practice time. And the regular season hangover that comes with winning a championship.

As long as we enter the playoffs no worst than 3rd in the conference and completely healthy, we're clearly the team to beat in the West. I don't give a damn how good Utah looks in the regular season, they're not built for playoff basketball where the game slows down, possessions are fewer and individual match-ups are more magnified.

Vogel & Co. are still tinkering with the rotation and what guys fit best where and with whom. Its still a process at this point so there's going to be hiccups in execution & production. Especially with AD out of the equation.

Bottom line is we're not shooting the 3 at the same clip as earlier in the season. We're not making those looks and that's why these last week or so of games have gone the way they have.

We're good....beyond good, in fact.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom