**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Expecting a semi-slow start for the crew after the break, but I think they’ll find their grove in the final stretch of the season and heading into the playoffs. Hopefully the team got some much needed rest, time away from the game during the break.

Would be surprised if Pelinka pulls off any trades. Lakers added 3 free agent/buyout guys at the end of last season....JR, Waiters and Morris. Only one of those players ended up playing meaningful minutes in the postseason, so I’m not expecting much from anyone that’s added this year.

Gasol in covid protocol and AD supposed to be of out for another week at least

Still wondering why we let both Dwight and McGee go. Especially McGee since he opt in. Now there’s talks they want him back.

Still wondering why we let both Dwight and McGee go. Especially McGee since he opt in. Now there’s talks they want him back.

Combination of things:

-Don't trust Dwight and Javale moving forward
-Trezz was needed for regular season help
-Signing Trezz hard capped the team, so they traded McGee
-Marc can still play tough playoff match ups

team mustve felt big body gasol would be a better match up against jokic and could provide better playmaking to help out lbj
had to trade mcgee to give $ to gasol
as for the dwight thing, he was back...but then went full dwight howard and decided to sign elsewhere for the same amount of $

Combination of things:

ughh if he’s having a hard time with tough regular season match ups, what makes you think he will do well in “tough playoff match ups”

I just want to know where this “switch” is for a 36 year old 7 footer 13 years in...

Combination of things:

-Don't trust Dwight and Javale moving forward
[/QUOTE]

Hindsight, bad move all around. Especially now since it’s obvious Marc is not the answer. If he’s having issues in the regular season, I doubt he’ll change come playoffs.

Curious on not trusting Dwight, who’s proven last year to be a defensive anchor. He’s a big reason they beat Denver in the playoffs.

1615581099190.png

does anyone own/ wear this that can chime in on sizing? thanks in advance

Javale was thought to be expendable and used to free up cap room for Marc. Hindsight is 20/20

Dwight...that was just a hot mess of miscommunication between him or his agent or our FO or all of the above. We wanted him back.

Gasol has been a disappointment
That's a yes and no for me.

I feel like he was brought in to help space the floor, and to provide some playmaking from the center position. The paint definitely doesn't feel as congested with him out there, and we do see some nice assists from him so I think he's filling the role that they had in mind when they signed him. Just need more...the shots are there but early on he didn't take take them which is his fault, but he has been attempting more while AD has been out. Would like to see a little more offense run through him at the elbows but with Lebron, AD, and Dennis I understand the opportunities aren't really there.

So looking at what he can do, why he's here and most importantly his salary lol I'm not that disappointed. Having said all that, losing two shot blockers and not filling that role does leave the team with some obvious holes. With AD out, there's no backup 5... I think Trez is fine playing a center on offense, his energy and scoring off the bench has been great but the perfect complementary player next to him is a center who can play like a 4 on offense.

ughh if he’s having a hard time with tough regular season match ups, what makes you think he will do well in “tough playoff match ups”

I just want to know where this “switch” is for a 36 year old 7 footer 13 years in...
I think he'll be fine against most centers in the playoffs. And AD is the trump card of course.

Things are also very skewed bc Anthony Davis played horrible by his standards so far.

if he’s playoff AD from mid April onward, harrel and Gasol gonna look like beasts next to him

Back
Top Bottom