**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

187666219_323706809116457_876769262890779707_n.jpg

I'd like to see LBJ have a close out game like how Kobe in 2010 Game 6 WCF just went into teeth out blood sucking dagger mode to eliminate the Suns and sent Steve Nash crying in the locker room right after that game.

But LBJ is not about that life and doesn't have that killer instinct like Kobe & MJ had in them.

Early game on Sunday. I think we have to split one of those first two road games.

A lot of suns fans are saying Suns in five....

Any update on Lebron? Was it a scratched cornea or something Hope hes ok

3 rims lol

Looked like a basic eye poke we’ve all had playing pick up and kept playing haha

Early game on Sunday. I think we have to split one of those first two road games.

A lot of suns fans are saying Suns in five....
You call yourself a fan?

Why you rooting for them to split?

Lakers will win both games at phx by 25 each

I’m so thankful Lebron chose to come to the Lakers man. What a player.

I was wondering who the 5th player was going to be in the Ad/Bron/KCP/Caruso finishing lineup. I think Wes might be the best fit. Kuz is probably the 2nd best fit.

Dennis struggled but I’m not going to completely right him off.
Probably dennis worst game as a laker so far.

it happens, guys have bad games….was it horrible timing to have the worst game as a laker in an elimination game ABSOLUTELY.

but dennis was a big key for keeping us afloat while starsky & hutch were out…might not even be in this situation if it wasn’t for him and trez.

Definitely gets a pass but he’s a good player, he knows he gotta flush this one and bring it next game. He will.

Vogel will probably feel out the game and choose the 5th player based on a combination of the opponents closing lineup and whatever Laker is playing at the highest level offensively during the game.

Win or lose it is hilarious going back to read some of these in-game posts the day after...

"This team is done....AD sucks....Vogel is a clown....Laker defense is overrated...Lebron will never be Kobe because he was out partying the night before the BIGGEST GAME OF THE SEASON...Lakers or Memphis on Friday?"etc ... all before the 1st quarter ended :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best thread going on NT :nthat:

This ain’t anything new. We have multiple games like this every season, shouldn’t be that shocking to people by now if you really watch basketball.

Its a part of the game and a big part of being a champion, finding a path to victory, even when things aren’t going your way…you stay SOLID, keep FIGHTING and dont FOLD. The tide most certainly always turns, you just have to IDENTIFY when it does keep your team within striking distance. This is a part of the brilliance of a guy like lebron james or chris paul, these guys are managing the game in real time, not freaking out, succumbing to their emotions and folding like fans. Your not going to blow out teams every night, you need to be able to win gritty, ugly games like this.

quite possibly the game of the year for us and most of y’all were in here acting like jackasses not even giving us a shot.

for sure we know who to take in the trenches now.
You know I mostly agree with your comments on here.

But on this one, for the most part I respectfully disagree. It's not so much about "acting like jack***** as it is calling out their lack of intensity in a game when you'd think they'd be more assertive for a full 48 minutes considering the situation.

Either that or Bron and AD playing possum.

Lakers can't always afford to keep things "in striking distance" because against the ELITE, guess what, we won't be within striking distance if we play like we did the first 3.5 quarters. Good playoff teams take advantage, GSW didn't cause we all know they ain't contenders. So what more when we play the top teams in the league?

This team is sloppy, in light of our current 6 game win streak. And you don't want to wait til you're down 1-3 against POR or LAC or tied 2-2 against PHX before deciding to start playing like you're capable of.

I have been calling out "stupid Laker play" for decades on multiple Laker squads going back to the 80s bro so nothing has changed for me personally. Doesn't make me less of a fan if I point out the things that make me frustrated about the team's lack of assertiveness against a clearly inferior ballclub.

Last edited:
Win or lose it is hilarious going back to read some of these in-game posts the day after...

"This team is done....AD sucks....Vogel is a clown....Laker defense is overrated...Lebron will never be Kobe because he was out partying the night before the BIGGEST GAME OF THE SEASON...Lakers or Memphis on Friday?"etc ... all before the 1st quarter ended :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best thread going on NT :nthat:
Those are obviously out of frustration and love. If we didn’t care we would be like “oh well. We’ll get em next year”

Probably dennis worst game as a laker so far.

it happens, guys have bad games….was it horrible timing to have the worst game as a laker in an elimination game ABSOLUTELY.

but dennis was a big key for keeping us afloat while starsky & hutch were out…might not even be in this situation if it wasn’t for him and trez.

Definitely gets a pass but he’s a good player, he knows he gotta flush this one and bring it next game. He will.
Dennis had his worst game??

real fans wouldn’t say that about its starting pg

he has a game where he could do better. Let’s be positive. He’s not an anti-vaxxer. He prob has an allergy to vaccines! Give him a break.

Lakers in 6 vs PHX
Lakers in 7 vs POR
Lakers in 7 vs LAC
Lakers in 7 vs BKN

Just like '88 when we went 7 vs Utah, DAL, and DET to go B2B

You know I mostly agree with your comments on here.

But on this one, for the most part I respectfully disagree. It's not so much about "acting like jack***** as it is calling out their lack of intensity in a game when you'd think they'd be more assertive for a full 48 minutes considering the situation.

Either that or Bron and AD playing possum.

Lakers can't always afford to keep things "in striking distance" because against the ELITE, guess what, we won't be within striking distance if we play like we did the first 3.5 quarters. Good playoff teams take advantage, GSW didn't cause we all know they ain't contenders. So what more when we play the top teams in the league?

This team is sloppy, in light of our current 6 game win streak. And you don't want to wait til you're down 1-3 against POR or LAC or tied 2-2 against PHX before deciding to start playing like you're capable of.

I have been calling out "stupid Laker play" for decades on multiple Laker squads going back to the 80s bro so nothing has changed for me personally. Doesn't make me less of a fan if I point out the things that make me frustrated about the team's lack of assertiveness against a clearly inferior ballclub.
Respect.

I get the passion, I really do.

It’s been a unique season bro, can’t conpare this team to last years, different squad, different situations, different schedule, last year was last year.

this is this year, we rolling with what we got, I believe we have more than enough to repeat. Just have to start rolling downhill, last night was the PERFECT way for us to build momentum and kick off our RUN TO REPEAT.

Shades of AD’s game winner against denver.

just need 16 more wins, they don’t have to be pretty, they don’t have to be blow outs…..in the words of the great AL DAVIS…….JUST WIN BABY

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom