**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I really dont get why AD doesnt play hard all the time.

He's better than practically all the PFs in the game.

It just takes effort. If he puts in the effort, him dominating all the time isnt even that hard.

Imagine if he played as hard as like Caruso does all the time.

They need to keep each other accountable. I think that’s one of this team’s strengths last year. I wonder if it’ll be the same during this playoffs’ film sessions.

5A4921C5-8357-4A88-BD78-597DD2BF07F8.jpeg

357D93CF-A9C4-4A47-999F-1CE8DCEE9689.jpeg

got my timeline again complaining about Lebron “acting” cmon bruh someone pulled my arm like that or smacked the **** out of me like Dray I’m acting the same way. They think Bron the Hulk and can’t take a hit.
Isn’t that how K. love got his shoulder ****** up

All you need to know:

Drummond played 10 straight mins in the 3rd quarter.

3 timeouts called in 3rd quarter. Drummond not subbed out in any of them

Drummond def has some dirt on Vogel. He has to

I love AD but he comes across like a weird dude who needs encouragement sometimes. It seems like he's cognizant of this and that's why he prioritized playing alongside LeBron.

For all of giannis's faults, I never question his aggressiveness and motivation. Win or lose, he has a mindset that he needs to dominate whenever he's on the floor. AD seems to go through these weird lapses where he's just floating for long stretches of the game. It's like he needs to be told to dominate as opposed to dominating being his default setting.

I have a feeling it has to do with his confidence, Drummond coming in to playoffs has been eh. We all heard how he struggled and he was slowly turning it around the last few games of the season. He had back to back bad possessions on offense and defense and I don’t think Vogel wanted to pull him out right there and then knowing this is gonna be a long series and Drummond might play a big role. Right before he got pulled he had some good plays, nothing for him to hang his head on for later on this series.

We called it
he's typically lost most of his game 1s and his typically played a little more passive/facilitator role
it might be giving him ALOT of credit but it really does seem like he uses the first game to feel things out and sorta see how they're gonna play x, y, z

we've seen it even just last year where they lost every game 1 and as each game passed Bron got better and better (which is probably why in 2018 he was so good by those game 7s lol)

but also he's never played very well on these early sunday games :lol:

Last year we lost to portland by 7 after shooting around 16% from3 and around 64% from the FT line and AD was -20 that game. Lillard for 34 pts

this year lose by 9, 24%ish from 3 and 60%ish from FT line and AD is -18. Booker for 34 pts

mcgee and Howard were very bad that game 1 too (like Drummond)

ya this game did remind me of the POR game
book/ayton good games
dame/nurkic good games

just gotta go stretch 5 ala marc/kieff

on another note tho i'm not gonna hold y'all

like if they don't get it done this year i'm not even really trippin that much
last year was such a special chip for me and after that one i'm just like man whatever happens from here on out i'm gucci lol

ya this game did remind me of the POR game
book/ayton good games
dame/nurkic good games

just gotta go stretch 5 ala marc/kieff

on another note tho i'm not gonna hold y'all

like if they don't get it done this year i'm not even really trippin that much
last year was such a special chip for me and after that one i'm just like man whatever happens from here on out i'm gucci lol
Speaking like a true Lebron Stan!

Speaking like a true Lebron Stan!
lmao with the injuries and all the covid **** and short turn around one its like eh
of course i want the chip but i figure they can rebolster and get a better season next year

i alos just think with all the crazy *** circumstances last year i was waay more emotionally invested into that one
**** was stresssfullll

Championship level defense. Never seen a lebron team with this bad of an offense.
******* got shooters that cant shoot
but he aint even really had this good of a defense

you can maybe say miami but they was kinda more get turn overs and get out and run
this lakers defense is some real suffocating cant get a shot off type **** lol

lmao with the injuries and all the covid **** and short turn around one its like eh
of course i want the chip but i figure they can rebolster and get a better season next year

i alos just think with all the crazy *** circumstances last year i was waay more emotionally invested into that one
**** was stresssfullll
I’ll give you the stress part. After last year I told myself I absolutely have to tone it down. Literally how I slept depended on how we played in bubble lol. Wtf is wrong with me.

That was just such an odd game. I felt like lakers were drowning the whole game. Like they were 3 steps behind on everything

Almost feel like the crowd shocked the lakers. Like dropping them in cold ice bath

Last year we lost to portland by 7 after shooting around 16% from3 and around 64% from the FT line and AD was -20 that game. Lillard for 34 pts

this year lose by 9, 24%ish from 3 and 60%ish from FT line and AD is -18. Booker for 34 pts

mcgee and Howard were very bad that game 1 too (like Drummond)
Problem is Drummond don't make the same impact Dwight do

I really dont get why AD doesnt play hard all the time.

He's better than practically all the PFs in the game.

It just takes effort. If he puts in the effort, him dominating all the time isnt even that hard.

Imagine if he played as hard as like Caruso does all the time.

I hear you, but honestly, if he played as hard as AC all the time, he’d be injured by the end of the first quarter. He already winces about 1,000 times per game.

Im more frustrated to the fact that the game was winnable if they only made some adjustments. Rotations to be specific.
i def thought we shoulda seen some kieff or marc man smh
hopefully KCP and Kuz start making some jumpers

also i think Wes needs more burn too
Dennis has been very hit or miss right now
and his pass IQ is atrocious lol

Back
Top Bottom