**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

kieff doesnt play much anymore. think he might be in vogels doghouse

only time we see him is in the third quarter when were down big but didnt use him at all in the playoffs

txfgxku136171.jpg

What exactly is there left to figure out? We know what big men will play.... Drummond is the starter and AD will get plenty minutes at the 5.

I don't think Vogel will move off of Drummond in the starting lineup until he has no other choice...which probably won't be until an elimination game. In all honestly, what is this high school varsity hoops? Who cares that much about a starting lineup anyway...

Whatever game plan the Lakers had to defend the Suns pick and roll just throw that one out the window. Run traps against Booker and CP3, get the ball out of their hands or just throw some mobile defensive lineups and switch everything.
A) still not sure about our center rotation. We start Drummond which is ok bc they got Ayton. Drummond sits at 6 minute Mark, Ayton still in and what do we do? Bring in Harrell!! lol. That might be the first time Harrell played in the first quarter all year.
B) some are calling for shroeder to be benched and used as a 6th man. Again this is smart but maybe if it was December. Not the first round of playoffs.

in a vacuum we got 24 open 3s per advanced stats. Drummond was 2nd in offensive efficiency in game 1. I foresee very little adjustments except a more aggressive AD and making more 3s (not really an adjustment) with better transition D (simply effort).

Shroeder/kcp/Lebron/AD/Drummond

-At 6 min mark. Sit Lebron and Drummond. Bring in Gasol and Kuzma.
-Have Gasol initiate offense from top of key drawing out a player from paint to allow AD to work down low but also to find cutters.
- start of second. Sit Gasol and bring in Harrell and Lebron. Sit AD.
-Caruso/wes/Kuzma/Lebron/Harrell. Run and allow Harrell to attack Saric.
- sit Harrell down after 5-6 mins and let AD now he summer and play our “death lineup”

There: you’ve played 3 centers with no issues.

Been away for the past few days & came back to the media saying they don't know if you can count on AD to show up consistently in big games.....

Dude is ALWAYS engaged defensively for 1, for two he averages 28/11 on damn near 55% for his playoff career.

He played like *** on Sunday but people keep trying to make this narrative stick & it's wrong.... like extremely wrong.

When our offense needs a Spark i'm really not sure why Vogel doesn't play a Trez/Gasol combo for a few minutes, Gasol gets everyone easier baskets & Trez has a way of just getting one on one buckets when all else fails.

-Have Gasol initiate offense from top of key drawing out a player from paint to allow AD to work down low but also to find cutters.
- sit Harrell down after 5-6 mins and let AD now he summer and play our “death lineup”

Eddie-Murphy-Is-Not-Sure-About-His-Approval-Head-Nod.gif

I...........................................I like it.

That’s not half bad tbh lol.
Need more Gasol + AD minutes and Trezz should only play with bron. I only want Drummond running the 1st shifts in the 1st and 3rd quarters. We didn’t even play that bad in ththe first Drummond shift. It was 15-15 if I remember correctly.

A) still not sure about our center rotation. We start Drummond which is ok bc they got Ayton. Drummond sits at 6 minute Mark, Ayton still in and what do we do? Bring in Harrell!! lol. That might be the first time Harrell played in the first quarter all year.
B) some are calling for shroeder to be benched and used as a 6th man. Again this is smart but maybe if it was December. Not the first round of playoffs.

in a vacuum we got 24 open 3s per advanced stats. Drummond was 2nd in offensive efficiency in game 1. I foresee very little adjustments except a more aggressive AD and making more 3s (not really an adjustment) with better transition D (simply effort).
Fans might not be sure, but Vogel seems to be sure lol.

When Harrell checked in the game AD had two points...so the substitution was made for offensive purposes. So Lakers had a lineup of Dennis, KCP, Kuz, Harrell and AD which is fine.

The main problem I saw defensively was the Lakers pick and roll coverage, and rebounding.

There’s a play here that I can share as an example
899D1F57-ADED-4741-9BDA-F0563C34F14F.png

Booker/Ayton pick and roll, Drummond switched and did a solid job of keeping Booker in front.
4E7A5792-E849-41E4-BC4E-816396387992.jpeg

Shot goes up AD and Bron are shot watching, KCP is trying to box out Ayton. .. how do you think that turns out?

93DA1273-9B3B-4720-A473-DAB45F9BB952.png

You guessed it, no chance. Ayton pushed him out the way…gets the o’rebound and kicks to Booker for a wide open 3.

Coach Delusional IN

Vogel OUT

Reactions: DLF
That’s not half bad tbh lol.
Need more Gasol + AD minutes and Trezz should only play with bron. I only want Drummond running the 1st shifts in the 1st and 3rd quarters. We didn’t even play that bad in ththe first Drummond shift. It was 15-15 if I remember correctly.
Ya for those reasons I don’t think we make ANY rotation adjustments except not playing Harrell in first quarter vs Ayton.

emphasis will be on getting back on transition. AD and Lebron being more aggressive and hitting open shots. I think as bad as our rotations “looked” - these effort type fixes will always be tried first bc in reality- we can have prime Gasol out there next to Davis, if AD isn’t aggressive we ain’t winning anyways. He cannot have 13 pts. Needs to be 33 with 15 rebounds

don’t think Vogel will panic unless we lose game 2 in similar fashion.

Dennis, Drummond and Trez were both solid in game 1.

Lebron and Caruso were just okay...although for LBJ that's not going to cut it.

AD, KCP, Kuz, Wes and THT were not good at all.

Laker guards don't rebound well at all. If Phoenix can get the bigs in some action away from the basket that's going to open up opportunities for them to get offensive boards... I understand why Vogel plays Drummond so much, AD and Lebron either don't want to or physically can't rebound like they normally do.

If I had to change anything from a minute standpoint...no THT, maybe Morris for a little toughness on the glass, if others pick up the scoring then play Marc and no Harrell.

Dennis, Drummond and Trez were both solid in game 1.

Lebron and Caruso were just okay...although for LBJ that's not going to cut it.

AD, KCP, Kuz, Wes and THT were not good at all.

Laker guards don't rebound well at all. If Phoenix can get the bigs in some action away from the basket that's going to open up opportunities for them to get offensive boards... I understand why Vogel plays Drummond so much, AD and Lebron either don't want to or physically can't rebound like they normally do.

If I had to change anything from a minute standpoint...no THT, maybe Morris for a little toughness on the glass, if others pick up the scoring then play Marc and no Harrell.
Hmmm I rewatched some of that first quarter now and man Drummond was lost in the pick and roll defense. Literally was guarding Ayton. Ayton set the screen for Booker, Drummond gets confused and runs to the wing in the corner. Kcp does too. Ayton wide open under the basket. Those are killer plays for LA.

Hmmm I rewatched some of that first quarter now and man Drummond was lost in the pick and roll defense. Literally was guarding Ayton. Ayton set the screen for Booker, Drummond gets confused and runs to the wing in the corner. Kcp does too. Ayton wide open under the basket. Those are killer plays for LA.
I’m just looking at highlights now so I didn’t see that particular play but I’m interested to see what happened there.

Different play, second quarter but Booker/Ayton high screen and roll the Lakers defend it the same way by switching. Drummond again solid defense keeping Book in front BUT as Ayton rolls to the rim what’s AD doing again?
8799C64F-7423-477C-A2D7-BC5644CF1001.jpeg

Ball watching again, should be over more towards the middle to prevent the roll and rotate back to the shooter if Book passes out.
FB369A2C-CBA1-45F1-A339-C39D1C86A70D.png

Man AD barely moved at all, KCP had no chance to stop Ayton here. Just an unacceptable effort level from Davis smh

Last edited:
I’m just looking at highlights now so I didn’t see that particular play but I’m interested to see what happened there.

Different play, second quarter but Booker/Ayton high screen and roll the Lakers defend it the same way by switching. Drummond again solid defense keeping Book in front BUT as Ayton rolls to the rim what’s AD doing again?
8799C64F-7423-477C-A2D7-BC5644CF1001.jpeg

Ball watching again, should be over more towards the middle to prevent the roll and rotate back to the shooter if Book passes out.
FB369A2C-CBA1-45F1-A339-C39D1C86A70D.png

Man AD barely moved at all, KCP had no chance to stop Ayton here. Just an unacceptable effort level from Davis smh
That’s why it might be best to play Morris and Davis Bc they have experience and know how to rotate. Just use last years players lol.

Back
Top Bottom