**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Lakers are starting Drummond because they want to show they’re committed to him. I imagine Trez opts out and Drummond gets that exception money.

Lakers need a 3rd star to keep up with Brooklyn.
Not sure how feasible it is.
But paying a 3rd star >>> paying Schroeder, Kuz & Drummond

Of realistic possibilities, which 3rd star do you want? Lowry? I don't think Beal is realistic anymore (But he'd be the one imo if he were available)

Of realistic possibilities, which 3rd star do you want? Lowry? I don't think Beal is realistic anymore (But he'd be the one imo if he were available)

Don’t know any realistic possibilities to be real :lol:
LaVine is probably the best realistic one.
Don’t think we have what it takes to get Beal.
Lillard would be the dream. He wants to play for the Lakers and with Bron but it’s awkward because he’ll never ask for a trade, Lakers are the last team Portland would want to trade him to and we don’t have the beat package to offer.

It’s probably going to be Russ or Cp at the end of their contracts in 2 years.

It’s probably going to happen man.
It won’t be for Max money but Cp3 to the lakers has been written in the stars for 10 years.
That’s Lebron’s boy too. And he can get his Jkidd on the Mavs on to win a ring before he retires.

It’s honestly a pretty good fit.

Really amazing how Trezz can’t find any court time. Yes he’s undersized but his energy and physical play is needed
he probably gets some run tonight
prob be in foul trouble tho trying to contain ayton lol

for as good as trezz is on offense he gives up alot on defense too but he is a great offensive rebounder
i feel like he and drummond play too high on that PnR and it lets Ayton get excellent position but thats probably be design to try to contain Book and CP on that

Really amazing how Trezz can’t find any court time. Yes he’s undersized but his energy and physical play is needed

Energy doesn't cover up his deficiencies. He can't shoot to stretch the floor and he can't protect the rim on defense. Teams attack him in the pick and roll.

Love Trezz but he's not a modern NBA player

Considering Kuzma hasn't changed his hair color yet, EYE would love to see Kieff step up tonight, play some enforcer, neutralize Crowder, and make like 4 open threes. Gonna need him. He a former Sun too

But brooklyn hasn’t even done **** yet, what you talmbout willis?

They haven’t done anything yet but it’s a constant arms race.

KD/Harden/Kyrie
Giannis/Middleton/Jrue
Embiid/Harris/Simmons (i know about Ben but entertain me lol)

Lakers can’t get left behind IMO. If everyone is stacking their rosters with 3 max players why should the Lakers just sit back?

But **** all that, we got the 2021 playoffs continuing tonight.
Let’s get it boys :pimp:
Been waiting for this game alllll damn day

Most of the guys on the roster bring something to the table that makes the Lakers a more complete team....the issue with Trez is that he plays the same position (PF, C) as the Lakers two best players, and Ayton has been playing a lot for the Suns.

Drumond/Gasol/AD are going to eat up all of your center minutes.
AD/Lebron/Kuz/Morris are going to take up most of the PF minutes
Lebron/Wes/Kuz will take up the SF minutes
KCP/Wes/AC/THT sg minutes
Dennis/AC point guard minutes

Of course the AD injury changes things now, but calling for Vogel to insert Trez into the lineup during one of the first 4 games means you gotta take frontcourt minutes away from someone...AD, Drummond, Gasol, Lebron, or Kuz...just hard to see that happening. Trez should definitely get some clock in game 5, either next to Marc (which we haven't seen all year) or in some non-Ayton minutes maybe a super small lineup where he's playing C next to Lebron at PF.

i definitely agree with playing trezz when ayton is out
preferrably with dennis imo

ayton has been killing us tho lol not sure how they can tackle that without losing too much of their defensive focus on booker and cp3.
we've done a pretty good job containing book he just getting some soft whistles on his floaters

rTeXdev0A9Bvskl_xx1GuZIay07l94x7RhWvBiuh_vw.jpg

There is no need to add a Third Star unless that third star is Top 15ish in the League. Outside of that i much rather have the depth. It is exactly what had us killing the first part of the season and it allowed for advantages on every team.

We are in a shortened season & our two best players missed a third of the season around the same time..... Say we have a third star & a significantly worse bench because of it, do we do better??

I'm good on the third "star" unless it's just a really nice deal.

In Regards to tonight's game, getting KCP back should be a boost we need him & Dennis pushing the break.

Caruso gotta see 30 minutes
I would like to see Trez & Gasol against the second unit (THT also if the offense stalls)
Honestly we gotta get one great shooting night at least right??

Like everyone else I’m agreeing to put Trezz in with Ayton off the court, but does Vogel agree?

no way Trezz shouldn’t be on the court against these non existent bigs the Suns have

Back
Top Bottom