**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Trezz can't rebound, defend or space the floor against good teams. Sucks for him, but it is what it is.
Why Pelinka prioritized Clipper Playoff Harrell over Dwight will continue to haunt the team.

idcwas, Dwight the perfect player to put against Ayton.

we won a chip based on strong and solid D with all kinds of battle tested length at center, then we go out and try to tinker and reinvent our identity just cause the rest of the league scoring a bunch of points? LOL we looked good on paper

Injuries aside, front office fk'd up. Even at full strength I doubt this squad repeats. Don't have enough REAL leaders to get you thru situations like this.

Rondo is the prime creator. Howard the ultimate enforcer. And they both as battle tested as they get. Big difference come playoff time in how we playing the game with those 2 playing with Bron

Last edited:
Bro we can’t hit threes and all of our guards are getting outplayed by Cam ******* Payne.

He’s the Suns’ 3rd guard bruh.

Sunday and today reminded me a lot of the annoying *** 2007 playoffs where Phoenix just gave them all sorts of problems. Throw in games 5-7 of that 2006 first round for emphasis as well.

Pelinka put too much resources into paint attacking and not enough into perimeter shooting.

yeah KCP let me down too
he played so big last year in the finals and wcf

has been an absolute shell of himself and no confidence

Vogel ain't lying.

I know we go dummy on Vogel but players gotta play and ours just didn't.

They better show up game 6.

You get embarrassed again....smh

Bron better call up scott foster for game 6 & 7

surprised they haven’t thrown trezz out there to get some hard fouls

We didn’t have much room to work with last offseason, but the move to make would’ve been to acquire Bogdan somehow. He’d easily be our 3rd best player.

We’re really just a team of bench players + Lebron & AD.

I know they wouldn’t lose if Bron and AD were healthy but damn it’s depressing how bad these guys look without AD.

Horry: "the team that is attacking, the aggressor, usually wins the game."

Worthy: "No doubt, no doubt."

Stagnant offense, no penetration and kick/swing, no off ball movement, no PNR/PNP. Ntm no aggression on D.

Nothing but standing around waiting for Bron to get you an open three lol

And we wonder why they ain't making shots.

Ball movement and attacking the rim thru constant penetration and cutting/slashing are what will get the team in shooting rhythm to start making open threes.

It ain't rocket science. But problem is we ain't got a Rondo to do all that floor generalling and coaching. Instead we got THT tryna create lol

Glad we got one for Kob. Flushing this season down, way too many variables worked against us, and some decisions just didn’t pan out. If AD comes back I think we still have a shot at game 6 & 7 but this supporting cast has already shown what it is and what it isn’t

We didn’t have much room to work with last offseason, but the move to make would’ve been to acquire Bogdan somehow. He’d easily be our 3rd best player.

We’re really just a team of bench players + Lebron & AD.

I know they wouldn’t lose if Bron and AD were healthy but damn it’s depressing how bad these guys look without AD.

The Lakers use what I describe as the "Kobe & Shaq" model. Our team is reliant on two of the top 5 players in the league playing like 1st team all-NBA players every playoff game (or at least 4 out of 7 times). If either of those guys is out, hobbled or not playing well, we don't win. Imagine Shaq trying to close out a playoff series with Kobe missing the last 3.5 games of the series. Not happening.

It all comes down to AD. We were playing well up until the precise moment AD got injured

Glad we got one for Kob. Flushing this season down, way too many variables worked against us, and some decisions just didn’t pan out. If AD comes back I think we still have a shot at game 6 & 7 but this supporting cast has already shown what it is and what it isn’t

I feel you. We were 21-6 to start the season prior to AD's injury. That really was the turning point for the season. The frustrating part is that we might end up wasting one of Lebron's final really good years. AD will bounce back after a full offseason to recover but Lebron is only getting older. IMO, we have (at most) 2 more years of Lebron playing at a top 5 level before we really starts to decline. We need to go all-in to win between now and then.

Their role players have outplayed our role players and have been more consistent the entire series.

CP15, Bridges, and Crowder alone have made a louder impact than Kuz, Wes, KCP, AC, Kieff, and THT combined.

This why we losing this series. Even with a fully healthy AD for all 7 games I still think we still lose cause the help ain't been there.

Dennis had the type of game tonight that makes you question the Danny Green trade

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm already over this loss, it's whatever. Down 3-2, next game at Staples so let's hope AD is well enough to play. Entire season rides on the health of him and Lebron anyway... won last season with them playing like the two best players in the league and hopefully having at least one guy come along for the ride here and there.

Back
Top Bottom