**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

d0y4qfxlcs271.jpg

k0iszwpc8s271.jpg

Panic meter may already be at 8. No amount of film session gonna save this team.

KCP, DS, and Kieff ALL with poor recognition, just standing around, waiting for threes.

Soon as these 3 stiffs saw Bron penetrate, instead of cutting and rotating to the correct spot to give Bron PASSING ANGLES and making life easier for him, they twiddling thumbs specatatin SMH
20210602_021124.jpg
Can't fault them man, analytics have beat it into players head 3 over 2. 3 over 2. No matter how much a sure thing is. Remember that Denver game, 3 guys ran to the 3 point line with a WIDE open lane.

Cant win if two of the starters scored as many points as AD in street clothes. Theres no brainer there. Thats just inexcusable especially if you’re trying to get that big contract. KCP just hesitates on his Js ..i dont know what’s wrong with him. PHX also shot the lights out. Sometimes you really cant do anything about it and it takes the wind out of you seeing all that many shots go in.

I dont think AD plays game 6 either.
This has always been a interesting subject for me. You play game 6 hurt, since this isn't the finals you won't heal by the next round Do you not play and start the heal/recovery process or just prolong it another 3/4 days. Possibly making it worse.

Cant win if two of the starters scored as many points as AD in street clothes. Theres no brainer there. Thats just inexcusable especially if you’re trying to get that big contract. KCP just hesitates on his Js ..i dont know what’s wrong with him. PHX also shot the lights out. Sometimes you really cant do anything about it and it takes the wind out of you seeing all that many shots go in.

I dont think AD plays game 6 either.

KCP simply not that good - just a 'support' player that *can* deliver when the pressure's on the star players. Credit should also be given to PHX - they've been good all season long.

The starting lineup with Drummond Prior to AD getting hurt was dominating this series tho :lol:. All of this comes down to AD being injured, it shows offensively but WAY more defensively. He is the engine behind this defense being elite because he erases so many mistakes.

Team came out and just quit last night, i can't blame the poor shooting or turnovers on Lebron.... but As the leader of the team who just lost there other superstar you have to be aggressive & this was just another one of those odd playoff games he's had throughout his entire career, where he's just coasting the majority of the game, waits to it's out of hand & starts filling up the statsheet. Before you know it he has 27,7 & 7 and everyone says "but Lebron did his part" but those stats don't tell the truth.

Like i said last night, Not much to pull from this game, we couldn't hit anything, got no calls & Phoenix got the complete reversal of that.

I've been thinking about it this morning: in our first two years the Lakers have experienced the full Anthony Davis experience, the good and the bad.

Last season he was healthy the entire season and played highly motivated, consistent basketball. He was not only a dominant offensive player showing us the entire repertoire of shooting, handling and playing pick and roll but he was arguably the single best defensive player in the league (and certainly the most versatile). His jumper was falling and he was playing aggressively. This culminated in him arguably being the best player in last year's playoffs.

This season we experienced the bad. He started the season and this weird, mental malaise where he just drifted for long periods of time, having very little impact on the game. Then came the constant injuries that took him in and out of the lineup. The constant "will he or won't he?", going to locker room for evaluations and then coming back, etc. It's fitting that the pivotal game of our season hinges on AD playing or not.

This is just what it's like to have Anthony Davis on your team. At times he can look like the single best basketball player in the league and other times he just drifts throughout games having very little impact and then you couple that with his injury history. It's something we're going to have to manage over the next five years.

Our team is built around AD and Bron.
It’s no surprise that we can’t win without either.
I didn’t think they’d look this terrible, but it makes sense.

I can’t be that mad tbh. They won last year with the same identity. They might need to look in the mirror and move away from a defensive identify built around AD. It’s hard to do if AD is constantly hurt. At the same time tho, they probably repeat if Unibrow doesn’t get hurt. It just is what it is.

Ya Bron couldn’t be aggressive with how the defense was (ignoring shooters completely and boxing him in) couldn’t drive or post. I’m not sure if him being ultra aggressive with his jumper would help either because his jumper fell off a cliff since he got hurt lol would prob just lead to long rebounds and more phx pts since they’ve been killing us in transition

If they want to win they got to make open shots that not only they’ve been missing but have now been passing up
And they’ve got to really stop cam Payne :lol:

Cam’s doing a lot of damage against Gasol (and Lebron) with those high ball screens… neither can guard him in space. That kinda lets you know where Bron is physically when guys are actively going at him, but it is what it is

Cam’s doing a lot of damage against Gasol (and Lebron) with those high ball screens… neither can guard him in space. That kinda lets you know where Bron is physically when guys are actively going at him, but it is what it is
He got no explosion especially of the first step and laterally lol
He hasn’t really been moving that fluid all series

I've seen Caruso guard All-Stars and Hall of Famers well, but he can't keep up with Cam Payne. Wild.
that's with AD there in the paint tho as a safety net
i think the general gameplan is for our best guard defenders (KCP/AC) is too guard tf out the guards and be able to funnel them to AD if need be.
but with no AD there they have to play a little back and they getting burnt

credit to Payne tho he annoying af and i wanna sock tf out of him but he's had a hell of a series

I can’t be mad if we lose the series like this. It took us being injured and our top 2 players being out for it to happen. If that’s how it is, it is what it is. With that said, Show in 7

The Lakers' Championship Formula has Never been about the Lakers being a great three point shooting team and we won 5 chips the last 2 decades without being a top 10 three point shooting team.

It's all about the Big 2 and the TYPES of specific role players that fit very specific roles that will make the Lakers champs once again, and not about acquiring "three point shooters." IMO of course

dont need to be top 10 just gotta make the open ones at a respectable rate and hit the important ones

yall seen the stats man they was like 20% on WIDE open shots (no one within 4-6 ft)
those the ones that you gotta make at a least a pedestrian rate just to keep the defense honest and make it easier for bron/ad who both need space to operate

the numbers compared to phx aren't too far apart but the quality of 3pt looks the lakers get are way better in comparison and phx not even bothering to guard them dudes out there lol in that tweet i posted earlier book aint even look at kuz in the corner not once lmao

We signed 3 centers this year so that AD didn’t have to play center because he literally can’t do it without getting injured :stoneface:

Back
Top Bottom