**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com...horton-tucker-nba-free-agency-contract-status

" With Harden-esque start-and-stop capabilities, THT punished defenders for trying to hang with him, consistently creating opportunities for himself on the left side of the cylinder with his right hand. According to Basketball-Index, THT ranked in the NBA’s 98th percentile at getting to the rim, and the 96th percentile in terms of his overall finishing talent, the best and second-best on the Lakers, respectively (trailing only LeBron James in the latter category). "

"If Horton-Tucker can begin to shoot as consistently as he hopes to, he has the raw talent to blossom into one of the premier guards in the Western Conference. To that point, despite possessing a seventh percentile 3-point shot-making grade, THT owned a 79th percentile 3-point shot creation grade (per Basketball-Index). Essentially, he was good at getting open looks for himself when he was willing to take them, even though he couldn’t often convert on them when he did. "

"In that same exit interview, Horton-Tucker also stressed the need to continue his work on the defensive end. The raw tools are there — in just his first true season of NBA basketball, THT posted a block rate in the 83rd percentile and a steal rate in the 78th percentile among other combo guards, according to Cleaning the Glass. While his length and quickness make him a particularly switchable perimeter defender (89th percentile defensive position versatility, per Basketball-Index)"

All the tools are there man

Russ would be better for us than Dennis... That's all I'll say. I've been under the impression all offseason he's playing at home next season.

What could a package of Dennis, THT, & Kuz really get us anyway? :lol:

bpbq9u43blc71.jpg

Please based gawd

rather have russ than cp3 tbh lol
spacing would be weird but russ got way more heart that CP and CP cursed :lol:

but CP would fit better stylistically on paper. will he let bron and AD do what they gotta do or is he gonna try to control everything every possession dribbling out the clock trying to manufacture a direct assist/score lol

This off season will be an epic one. So many teams looking to make moves. So many teams gonna think they are a Cp3 away feom making it to finals (not realizing it’s bc of injuries. Lol)

Hope you ain't saying please for your man Westbrook

I've been wanting Russ on the Show since KD left. I really thought he was coming the year after he won MVP. I'll take him now, he's still got a few years left in the tank. Plus we won't get hard capped in this scenario.

Y'all waaaay higher on THT than I am.

FACT: us acquiring someone via sign and trade is NOT HAPPENING.

doing so hard caps us and we end up losing kcp, Kuzma, Caruso and tht for that 1 player.

that’s hustling backwards for the level of players that are free agents

We better not foolishly think we don’t need shooting because a team won a chip shooting less than 35% from 3 or whatever that number was

Lebron needs shooters around him to be most effective

We better not foolishly think we don’t need shooting because a team won a chip shooting less than 35% from 3 or whatever that number was

Lebron needs shooters around him to be most effective
It’s not like the team will go out of its way to not get shooters. There is a thing called a salary cap. You increase shooting abilities for a guy making X amount, other things suffer. Otherwise that player would be out of price range

Russ Makes 44 Milion which would likely mean Kuz, KCP or Trez S&T, Schroeder & THT. Maybe losing Caruso for one guy.

Who does nothing to fix our biggest issue around AD & Bron. I love Russ but this is not the roster for him.

It’s not like the team will go out of its way to not get shooters. There is a thing called a salary cap. You increase shooting abilities for a guy making X amount, other things suffer. Otherwise that player would be out of price range

what about getting no name shooters from the G league or other countries……something Pop has done a zillion times

Russ would be better for us than Dennis... That's all I'll say. I've been under the impression all offseason he's playing at home next season.

What could a package of Dennis, THT, & Kuz really get us anyway? :lol:

lol the Wizards aren’t going to agree to this plus Dennis wants a long term deal

Back
Top Bottom