**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Bron and Westbrook also have a pretty tight bromance that noone saw coming. Bron was in his tribute video when he broke the triple double record this season and Rustle was in Bron's circle jerk smoking cigars in the offseason with AD, CP3 etc.

Been thinking about Westbrook's fit next to Lebron and AD...

If the rumors are true and those two are planning on playing more 4/5 next season then I'm intrigued. We know the formula, surround LBJ with shooting and create driving lanes for him to get to the basket...BUT if he's playing the 4 more often and operating closer to the basket that changes the dynamics of the offense. Russ is still one of the best in the league at putting pressure on the rim, and even if he's not the finisher he used to be he would still cause defenses to have to help which creates second chance opportunities for AD and Lebron. I think his rebounding and ability to push the tempo would also benefit Lebron and AD as well.

Of course I don't know what it would cost to get him, if he's even really available and who the other 2 players would be on the floor next to them. All I am saying is that I can see why the Lakers would be interested, and I kinda like it.

If they can somehow get buddy as well then I would be down for WB.

Bron is insanely good off-ball so I think either way we need to get a playmaker for him

but yeah if it's WB we badly need shooters to make that work

Been thinking about Westbrook's fit next to Lebron and AD...

If the rumors are true and those two are planning on playing more 4/5 next season then I'm intrigued. We know the formula, surround LBJ with shooting and create driving lanes for him to get to the basket...BUT if he's playing the 4 more often and operating closer to the basket that changes the dynamics of the offense. Russ is still one of the best in the league at putting pressure on the rim, and even if he's not the finisher he used to be he would still cause defenses to have to help which creates second chance opportunities for AD and Lebron. I think his rebounding and ability to push the tempo would also benefit Lebron and AD as well.

Of course I don't know what it would cost to get him, if he's even really available and who the other 2 players would be on the floor next to them. All I am saying is that I can see why the Lakers would be interested, and I kinda like it.
Good analysis.

I still think Vogel’s mantra is:

bigger, stronger, faster. Defense first.

a back court rotation of Westbrook (6’3” and avg defender), Hield (6’4” and below average defender), and two vet minimum guys

Don’t underestimate kcp and Caruso’s defense. Don’t underestimate kuzma’s height and ability to drop down to SG and guard quicker tall guards.

any trade we make has to offset those strength of ours. (Like I’d do Kuzma for ingles or Kuzma for Covington) for example

Good analysis.

I still think Vogel’s mantra is:

bigger, stronger, faster. Defense first.

a back court rotation of Westbrook (6’3” and avg defender), Hield (6’4” and below average defender), and two vet minimum guys

Don’t underestimate kcp and Caruso’s defense. Don’t underestimate kuzma’s height and ability to drop down to SG and guard quicker tall guards.

any trade we make has to offset those strength of ours. (Like I’d do Kuzma for ingles or Kuzma for Covington) for example
All things taken into consideration lol, I'm honestly not for or against the move at the moment...just sharing some of my thought process. I'm sure if Westbrook is added to the squad that means Dennis is gone, which becomes a bit tricky because he's unrestricted so if he doesn't want to play for the Wizards then I'm not sure how Rob makes it work. I like Ingles and think swapping him for Kuz would be a win/win for both teams.

8a9i5w0khpd71.jpg

This Russ to LA thing picking up steam...

Probably means nothing but Russ followed Dudz, Ben Maclemore and Buddy Hield...

Russ and AD were spotted having dinner in LA last night....

This Russ to LA thing picking up steam...

Probably means nothing but Russ followed Dudz, Ben Maclemore and Buddy Hield...

Russ and AD were spotted having dinner in LA last night....
arye, that you!??

In all seriousness, I’m not crazy about it but if we do do it it best not be a great offer. It better be whatever we can do to match salaries from the bottom of roster on up

mckinnie
Gasol
Trez
Kuzma

That’s it.
But we can’t get Hield then.

maybe 3 way trade as kings are also looking to shed salary

DDR signs $5.9 mill deal
Kuz and Trez for Hield
Resign DS for 17 per.
Resign Caruso for
Resign Tht for 9