**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Never been a fan of Russ but he plays hard and he's from here so I would definitely root for him. I want Buddy tho.

The NBA media will go crazy with the Westbrook in purple and gold next to Lebron and AD posts . Lakers Reloaded. Lol

He's going to instantly become the most liked player by the fanbase. Laker fans in general always would cheer him when he came as a visitor. The prodigal son returns...I'm going to be sick honestly if it doesn't happen.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
51C76298-582B-421D-AB35-07C7DE05849E.jpeg

For the Derozen/Lowry lovers: this is what sign and trades would look like for us assuming Lowry accepts a 4/80 and Derozen a 2/40 deal.

If Derozen takes 2/30 instead and Lowry 3/60, you can have 7 mill to sign Caruso should he accept. Plus the 6 vet min guys needed to make the roster work.

ideally Derozen takes 10 and you have way more room

so who are they giving up for westbrook?
Assuming Beal is traded and they wanna tank:

Give them a little as possible to make trade work. Harrell Kuzma kcp McKinnie. Mckinnie non guarenteedX kcp and Kuzma easily tradable for future 2nd rounders x 2 and Harrell expiring. Then we can still resign Shroeder or sign and trade him for depth.

if Beal wants to stay but Westbrook wants out, then sign and trade Shroeder (big assumption: wiz love Shroeder) on a big deal 25 a year per and cap fillers: Gasol Kcp future second. They get center, good defensive guard and Shroeder. This latter is HIGHLY unlikely since if Beal stays, Russ stays unless it’s to get clearly better.

Can’t see them wanting Shroeder with new deal if they wanna tank. Not sure why people keep throwing this out there. If they wanna tank, Russ will have 0 value and will be easy to get so long as contracts work.

Interesting take: Jeanie buss secretly wants to get hard capped. This way she won’t be potentially lugging around a 250 million dollar bill.

if we trade for Russ and keep Caruso and tht at 10 per. Plus use mini mid level. That tax bill will be ginormous.

$186,000,000 in just salaries (assuming u bring back Shroeder at 20 too) Add that to whatever luxury tax bill would be. Jeanie saves prob 100+ million by being hard capped

Man I will be pissed if Russ comes to the Lakers. Not trying to have a dude shoot 3/18 with 4 of those shots coming in the last 2 minutes to help lose the game.

Vogel can scheme his way to an elite defense, we just saw it last season with us missing our anchors for a lot of the season.

Don't need "elite" defenders. Just serviceable ones like McGee, Dwight, Bradley, and Green did for us in 2019-20
Exactly!!!

Last 2 champions.

If I would've said at the beginning of the season "The NBA champion will be the league's best 2 way player relying on help from Kris Middleton & Jrue Holiday", I would have been laughed outta here.

2 seasons ago, if I would've said at to the beginning of the season "Our championship hopes rely on having 2 of the league's 5 best players, and major minutes from Dwight Howard, Javale McGee, Alex Caruso, and Avery Bradley," whole thread would be like "Welp..."

And yet that happened.

-foe

Back
Top Bottom