**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

This Dennis situation is hilarious...turned down 84 mil to have no one calling.

ybuu3ef2o5f71.jpg

mark.png

Y’all don’t listen to me. Listen to the goat.

Lakers don’t want any players back in sign and trades

That’s 3 million dollar / year x 4 years = 12 million
Being cheap while we’re in a title window is an ugly look.
Especially because Caruso’s contract should be tradeable.
It’s the luxury/return tax that turns 9 million into 30 million a year.

Still, I don’t give a ****. It doesn’t really impact the salary cap. Jeanie/owners just don’t wanna pay Caruso the 20+ million in taxes it would cost to retain him.
Yeah bro they’re being cheap. It’s a title run and they’re pinching pennies (millions)

I totally get not wanting to pay luxury / repeater tax but you’re the lakers and you’re being cheap. An extra 3 million a year doesn’t matter to me. I’m a fan and not an owner. Why tf should I give a **** about Jeanie’s pockets?

Should I feel bad she gotta settle for the Z5 instead of the Z6? That she can’t give her dog haircuts and baths daily and has to settle for once a week? Idc if she can’t afford another vacation because we gotta pay Caruso. I’m a fan, pay the **** up. It’s not my money.

It’s not a salary cap issue. It’s a we don’t think you’re worth that much in luxury taxes issue. That’s being cheap to me.

Not resigning Caruso is totally because the Lakers were being cheap. Based on the reporting from the athletic, Caruso came back to Lakers and wanted them to counter and they made no effort to retain him.

It's mind-boggling because the Lakers were willing to trade for Westbrook, one of the top five highest paid players in the league, and go all in to win now... but they're cheap when it comes to retaining one of their key free agents. It makes no sense

Not resigning Caruso is totally because the Lakers were being cheap. Based on the reporting from the athletic, Caruso came back to Lakers and wanted them to counter and they made no effort to retain him.

It's mind-boggling because the Lakers were willing to trade for Westbrook, one of the top five highest paid players in the league, and go all in to win now... but they're cheap when it comes to retaining one of their key free agents. It makes no sense
This is why lakers will NOT take back players in sign and trade. They prob not even picking up the phone from shroeders agent. They don’t even want a trade exception. Watch.

Would you guys do Dwight Powell, Dorian Finney-Smith and Trey Burke for Schroder?

Powell is a bad contract (two years-$22M), but should be tradeable later on
DFS is legit good, but he's expiring after next season
Burke is filler at the back of the roster

It's really difficult finding a team for Schroder. I can't imagine being his agent. :lol:
Hell yea. This a joke? Dorian and a rim running fast big man!

too bad would cost us about 100 mill in taxes

This is why lakers will NOT take back players in sign and trade. They prob not even picking up the phone from shroeders agent. They don’t even want a trade exception. Watch.

I hope you're wrong but it's looking like you might be right. The Lakers are choosing the worst moment to be cheap. Imagine having a roster with three players making $131m but penny pinching when it comes to surrounding them with talent. Jeannie really goofed.

The Lakers have only paid into the luxury tax once in the last decade.

I hope you're wrong but it's looking like you might be right. The Lakers are choosing the worst moment to be cheap. Imagine having a roster with three players making $131m but penny pinching when it comes to surrounding them with talent. Jeannie really goofed.

The Lakers have only paid into the luxury tax once in the last decade.
The ONLY WAY I’m wrong is if they know a trade is looming that brings on more money and they just can’t do the extra 30 mill Caruso would have cost. We will know soon. Let’s see what happens

But they are filling out roster. With Dudley and melo (whom they have made an offer to) that leaves 3 empty slots. Who could we be trading for in a Shroeder deal worth 20 mill that’s less than 3 players (team taking him ain’t trading us Hield level player)

The ONLY WAY I’m wrong is if they know a trade is looming that brings on more money and they just can’t do the extra 30 mill Caruso would have cost. We will know soon. Let’s see what happens

But they are filling out roster. With Dudley and melo (whom they have made an offer to) that leaves 3 empty slots. Who could we be trading for in a Shroeder deal worth 20 mill that’s less than 3 players (team taking him ain’t trading us Hield level player)

ULTIMATE HOT TAKE:

Due to saving money, lakers may not even spend their mini MLE.

remember with a minimum deal, they get taxed on only 1.8 mill of the 2.6 the player makes.

for mle, it’s 5.9 mill.

5 mill dollar difference equates to roughly 20+ mill in tax savings

Imagine agreeing to take on Westbrook's albatross of a contract and paying LeBron, AD and Westbrook a combined $131m next season then getting cheap with taking salary back in trades and resigning your key free agent. This franchise is weird

Back
Top Bottom