**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

k651esyb0rg71.jpg

😂😂😂

What kind of goofy stuff do you guys follow on the internet?

Barring some type of catastrophe, you'll never see that lineup for a variety of reasons:

1. The spacing would be horrendous, LeBron and Carmelo are the only shooters in Atlanta

2. In what world is Carmelo Anthony playing shooting guard? He's barely quick enough to keep up with power forwards, you're going to have him chasing guards off screens? 😂

The only place you'll ever see that lineup is in 2K

We'll definitely see that lineup on that court at some point this season.

If we see a lineup with 37 year old, 6'8", 250 lbs Carmelo Anthony playing shooting guard it means every guard on our roster is injured. THT, Monk, Bazemore, Nunn are all out

You talking about positions like its 1991

It's not about positions on offense, it's about defense. Who won that roster is defending guards? Russ is already a subpar defender and Carmelo Anthony is barely quick enough to keep up with power forwards, much less guards. Our perimeter defense would be atrocious.

It's not about positions on offense, it's about defense. Who won that roster is defending guards? Russ is already a subpar defender and Carmelo Anthony is barely quick enough to keep up with power forwards, much less guards. Our perimeter defense would be atrocious.
I know this is going to come off as a hippie-dippy, Phil Jackson X Brad Stevens response, but here goes:

If defense were literally 1x1x1x1x1, I would understand your concern.

In the Vogel/Lebron era so far, we have consistently ranked among the top teams in the league defensively. And who are our big name defensive players we can attribute that to? Dwert 2 seasons ago? KCP?

We're good as a unit. Individually? Nah, Melo is BBQ chicken, Russ is meh, but as a unit? We're good.

-foe

I know this is going to come off as a hippie-dippy, Phil Jackson X Brad Stevens response, but here goes:

If defense were literally 1x1x1x1x1, I would understand your concern.

In the Vogel/Lebron era so far, we have consistently ranked among the top teams in the league defensively. And who are our big name defensive players we can attribute that to? Dwert 2 seasons ago? KCP?

We're good as a unit. Individually? Nah, Melo is BBQ chicken, Russ us meh, but as a unit? We're good.

-foe

I feel you. I understand that defense in the NBA is primarily effort, scheme and playing connected basketball but let's not discount that we actually had good perimeter defenders in Danny Greene and Bradley in 19-20 and Caruso, KCP and Shroeder last season.

I think we're going to be a good defensive team next season but I don't think we can have the philosophy of "We can literally throw out any five-man lineup because Frank Vogel has a good scheme". Even in his prime, melo was an average defender at best. At this age he would be beaten off the dribble immediately by any NBA guard.

I'm going nuts the first time Russ grabs the defensive board, then goes down the middle and throws it down :lol:
Gonna be even better if it’s a melo rebound a pass to russ and either he dunks it or it’s a lob

Russ will likely be a better team defender by virtue of playing with AD and Bron alone. Same goes for Melo.

THT, because of his work ethic and mentality, will improve on defense. I'm sure of it.

Ellington and Bazemore are more than adequate defensively and tbqh they will both likely be as effective on D as KCP and DGreen.

The only real question marks defensively are Nunn and Monk, but Vogel's scheme should benefit them immensely. Let's remember something, prior to 2019-2020 Caruso was not known for his Defense. Vogel and Co made him a better defender.

I won't be surprised if Caruso loses some of his defensive effectiveness in Chicago because of their system and personnel.

Guess Boston signing Dennis ruined IT’s chances of a reunion… could see a roster spot to burn (Lakers do not) maybe give him a chance.

IT to lakers makes negative sense for us and him. Like literally no sense. Roster is ultra guard heavy

Back
Top Bottom