**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

It'll be Dudz, but I would take Ntilikina (Caruso project) and Svi (can never have enough shooting) for the minimum. Leave the third roster spot open for a mid-season pick up.

It'll be Dudz, but I would take Ntilikina (Caruso project) and Svi (can never have enough shooting) for the minimum. Leave the third roster spot open for a mid-season pick up.
It’s gotta be guys ok with DNPs multiple weeks in a row but still have a good attitude. Team can’t be 14 deep. doesn’t work

nobody tryna guard mcbride huh
He’s also so damn elite defensively.

Rob shoulda never given up that late 1st rounder for Westbrook. Who were we competing with? So many good late first rounder/ early second rounders this draft. Like really good players. But then again Jeanie didn’t wanna spend beyond vet mins- heaven forbid she pay the extra 4 mill it would cost to have a rookie on the team. Yikes! Poor lady

I don’t disagree but what playing time is a rookie getting on our squad?

Lakers probably value having Dudley as our 15th man over a rookie.

Last edited:
2m47e8m34mg71.jpg

Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

saving face LMAO

I don’t disagree but what playing time is a rookie getting on our squad?

Lakers probably value having Dudley as our 15th man over a rookie.
Invest in tomorrow. In reality roster spot 12-15 likely doesn’t play much.

not like I’m asking to draft a 18 year old European. Plenty of 21+ year old players in that draft.

who cares now. We did well.

We need a rugged power forward that can play small ball 5.

unfortunately we are so deep, we likely won’t get a “good” player bc they wouldn’t wanna have a Kieff role posting DNPs multiple games in a row. 6’9-6’10 who can shoot 3s at a 30 percent rate at minimum.

Milsap fits but he won’t accept that role

I know it’s controversial to question the great Rob Pelinka but...

1) gives up D’lo at the worst time for 2 year rental of Brook and a pick (we gave up a pick too)

2) gives up a starting SG from a title team (not a problem) and a 1st rounder (the problem) for Shroeder and Shroeder is lost for nothing. (Partly not his fault bc I’m sure Jeanie didn’t want an exception back bc no way she’s paying more taxes)

3) lose Caruso for nothing. At least use him as a trade chip with favorable contract or take back an exception. (Again Jeanie)

4) gives up a pick for Westbrook when there was literally ZERO market for Russ especially if he went out and said he only wanted to go to lakers.

Rob prob thinks: whatever, these picks and marginal players I’m giving up won’t be remembered if we win.

Partly true but these moves add up. Right now the only asset we will have is THT for the next 3+ years. No more picks to trade. No more “favorable contracts” to trade. It’s all about finding the balance between Ainge (stingy) and Pelinka (too generous)

Hope it’s all moot and we win a title. Gonna suck though if there’s a 11-16 mill dollar player available mid season and us not having ability to get him bc no assets or exceptions

I’m rooting for Rob though. He did well this offseason so perhaps he is getting better and he too is learning on the job.

Last edited:
-As mad as I was about the trade, Lopez/Kuzma for D'Lo/Mozzy was a wash. I'm more mad that the team let Lopez walk for nothing the next off-season when he could've helped the first year with LeBron instead of Beasley and Stephenson.
-The Green/pick for Schroder trade was sound because they needed an additional playmaker with the short turnaround, even though it wasn't a clean fit. I'm not going to complain about the trade too much.
-Letting Caruso walk was just being cheap. :stoneface: I can't defend that move.

Back
Top Bottom