**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I'm just tryna figure out what you're talking about. You keep contradicting yourself
Explain. What I'm saying is simple.

Play inside-out and the threes will open up. They dont do enough of that consistently.

I said they keep bricking threes, you say they're 23rd in attempts. The Lakers three point shooting pctg would be crazy low if it weren't for one guy - Melo.

And I said Lakers depend heavily on Melo to get hot, which is a by product of them playing outside-in.

If they want to win a lot of games it starts with inside-out play, which is what Rob and Big Game been saying forever

So tell me how I'm contradicting myself? Lol

Explain. What I'm saying is simple.

Play inside-out and the threes will open up. They dont do enough of that consistently.

I said they keep bricking threes, you say they're 23rd in attempts. The Lakers three point shooting pctg would be crazy low if it weren't for one guy - Melo.

And I said Lakers depend heavily on Melo to get hot, which is a by product of them playing outside-in.

If they want to win a lot of games it starts with inside-out play, which is what Rob and Big Game been saying forever

So tell me how I'm contradicting myself? Lol
You said they chuck up 100 3s game after game but they are one of the lowest at 3pa in the league. Said AD doesn't play in the paint but he leads the league in paint points. Now you're saying they need to play inside out

The Lakers are mostly taking and missing wide open threes.

What game are you watching fam?
This game right here fam. The one with not enough Inside-Out action because the Wolves knew we were cold from deep so they went with that zone D in the second half and dared the Lakers to brick the open three.

No effort to attack the rim whatsoever in the 2nd half. That's the game Eye saw.
20211112_213902.jpg

You said they chuck up 100 3s game after game but they are one of the lowest at 3pa in the league. Said AD doesn't play in the paint but he leads the league in paint points. Now you're saying they need to play inside out
You must not get what I mean by Eye Test.

AD puts up all thos points in the paint backed up by the stats, but are they coming at key moments that seize momentum and leads to wins? It's easy to score all those points in the paint when most of the time you're facing up driving to the hoop and throwing up 10 foot fadeaways instead of shooting right over the smaller defender or playing aggressive inside.

So even though his paint numbers suggest he scores a lot inside, it's not coming from an offensive system that's based upon going inside and attacking the rim as their primary option. It's definitely not their offensive identity. They'd rather go one on one, drive and kick to a three point shooter

I know you know what I'm talking about because you watch a lot of basketball

Last edited:
It's easy to score all those points in the paint when most of the time you're facing up driving together hoop and throwing up 10 foot fadeaway. There's a difference between points that count and points that are scored.
#1 in the league in points inside the restricted area. I'm legit tryna figure out what you're talking about because you're all over the place. You want the team to play in the paint but you also want DJ to start and clog up driving lanes for everybody

This game right here fam. The one with not enough Inside-Out action because the Wolves knew we were cold from deep so they went with that zone D in the second half and dared the Lakers to brick the open three.

No effort to attack the rim whatsoever in the 2nd half. That's the game Eye saw.
Mentioned AD played heavy minutes in the previous two games and was probably fatigued.

Entire point of a zone is not to allow you to get into the paint...posting up against a zone is almost a wasted possession because help defense already there.

If AD's not putting pressure on the rim, it's Russ and that's pretty much it.

Defenses will continue to collapse until the Lakers shooters make them pay, and even then they will still take their chances.

Anyways, on to the next one.

Ain't nothing to argue about here.

We were winning.

Laid an egg in the 3rd and got down way too far that there was really no chance for recovery.

Sucks to get killed but just move on.

#1 in the league in points inside the restricted area. I'm legit tryna figure out what you're talking about because you're all over the place. You want the team to play in the paint but you also want DJ to start and clog up driving lanes for everybody
You just said it "clog up driving lanes for everybody."

Clearly you think having driving lanes is how the Lakers can win.

That aint the ticket because having driving lanes don't matter when only 2 of 15 players can drive the lane with consistent success.

AD is not the type of player whose strength is to drive the lane. That's why no matter how many points he has in the paint from 10 foot fadeaways, no matter if the Lakers lead the league in points in the restricted area from Russell's penetration and Dwight and DeAndre's lobs, they're still inconsistent without an identity.

Having driving lanes ain't the solution when Bron ain't on the floor. Who does AD think he is, Giannis? Lol

Inside-Out means establish AD in the low post, pinch post, elbow, etc. etc. Force the D to have to double you. Then the outside shots will open up. The driving lanes will open up. But most of the time AD either camping out in the perimeter looking to shoot a three or faces up the 6'7" defender 20 feet away from the hoop and goes one on one as if he a shooting guard lol.

As far as DJ is concerned, if only he had a brain he could succeed playing alongside AD and Russ. How do you think prime Rondo, KG, and Perkins/Wallace/PJ Brown succeeded when they were with Boston? Or how about Pau, Bynum, and Kobe? I recall there was no shortage of driving lanes for Rondo and Kobe back in those championship years. Reason they won was cause they played inside-out and played high level interior defense, which this Lakers team doesn't do consistently enough of.

These Lakers are soft, plain and simple.

As I'm typing that, Rob said the exact same thing on Access. Go figure.

No point in debating any further. You already know what I mean

Last edited:
Reactions: DLF
I went to bed at halftime again.

I do not miss the feeling of a scoring drought and third quarter collapse. :lol:

You just said it "clog up driving lanes for everybody."

Clearly you think having driving lanes is how the Lakers can win.

That aint the ticket because having driving lanes don't matter when only 2 of 15 players can drive the lane with consistent success.

AD is not the type of player whose strength is to drive the lane. That's why no matter how many points he has in the paint from 10 foot fadeaways, no matter if the Lakers lead the league in points in the restricted area from Russell's penetration and Dwight and DeAndre's lobs, they're still inconsistent without an identity.

Having driving lanes ain't the solution when Bron ain't on the floor. Who does AD think he is, Giannis? Lol

Inside-Out means establish AD in the low post, pinch post, elbow, etc. etc. Force the D to have to double you. Then the outside shots will open up. The driving lanes will open up. But most of the time AD either camping out in the perimeter looking to shoot a three or faces up the 6'7" defender 20 feet away from the hoop and goes one on one as if he a shooting guard lol.

As far as DJ is concerned, if only he had a brain he could succeed playing alongside AD and Russ. How do you think prime Rondo, KG, and Perkins/Wallace/PJ Brown succeeded when they were with Boston? Or how about Pau, Bynum, and Kobe? I recall there was no shortage of driving lanes for Rondo and Kobe back in those championship years. Reason they won was cause they played inside-out and played high level interior defense, which this Lakers team doesn't do consistently enough of.

These Lakers are soft, plain and simple.

As I'm typing that, Rob said the exact same thing on Access. Go figure.

No point in debating any further. You already know what I mean
Just wanted to let you know I didn't read this

In Russ’ last three stops, 2 superstars have asked out.

in Houston they asked him to change for them and so he asked out

In Was he asked Beal to ask out with him…lol

You guys are the type to get cheated by by a girl 10 times but stay with her bc “she will change. Just wait and see!”

we sacrificed defense for above 40 percent from 3 shooters regardless of IQ.

Between russ and Bazemore, the IQ of this team is negative 249

only move to make will be to fire Vogel and bring in a pure offensive coach. Maybe d’antoni. Not saying I want this. Just that when pressure builds, Jeanie will feel pressure to maximize offense bc defense will suck no matter which players come back (fyi ariza is 36 off injury, Nunn is a historically bad defender and THT is awful off ball and is only 20)

Last edited:
What makes you say that?
We lose, “oh it’s just an outlier. Team just let their foot off the gas… oh team was just tired. It’s an outlier to how they REALLY play”

When this happens every 3rd game, it’s by definition not an outlier

We lose, “oh it’s just an outlier. Team just let their foot off the gas… oh team was just tired. It’s an outlier to how they REALLY play”

When this happens every 3rd game, it’s by definition not an outlier
Sounds like you’re rambling this morning, have you had some coffee yet man?
02D13C58-D211-415E-AFCB-165E438F3B17.jpeg

Team scored 83 points last night, first time that’s happened all season…not really a normal thing. Consistently over 100 pts even without Lebron, and handicapping themselves with the DJ minutes. Offense isn’t really an issue with the group.

Team scored 83 points last night, first time that’s happened all season…not really a normal thing. Consistently over 100 pts even without Lebron, and handicapping themselves with the DJ minutes. Offense isn’t really an issue with the group.

Block that dude bro. He's annoying

My bad. You’re right

it’s not every 3rd game. It’s every other game.

Carry On

Back
Top Bottom