**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Screenshot_20211115-213618.png
Jeanie Rambis and Rob Lowe goofed

Coulda had DD with AD and LBJ, still signed Melo and Dwight.

Lakers gotta do constant screen roll action with constant movement. Everybody just standing around on offense, and there's never any off ball action, nobody cutting, nobody slashing. Not enough ball movement. Makes it super easy for Chicago's athletes to defend us.

Lakers coaching is terrible.
Haven't you been saying the should dump it to AD in the post? Sounds like that's what they were doing. I didn't see the first half

Bron looked as good as ever when he played. Just wonder can he stay on the court
i know if hes healthy hell still be dependable

just not sure about the rest of the team and frank lol
**** mad ugly lol
like if this was 2018 i know he woiuld be able to make it work and take em to the finals
bruh about to be 37 now and he aint iron man with the durability anymore

Haven't you been saying the should dump it to AD in the post? Sounds like that's what they were doing. I didn't see the first half
They kept doubling AD before he even got the ball in the post and was constantly doubled when he had the ball in the post. Vogel couldn't adjust.

His kick outs also weren't quite as successful as yesterday's game.

There was hardly any ball movement or off ball action,nobody was cutting, etc

Offense stunk for the most part except for one run when we scored like 4 consecutive possessions inside the paint then as expected the aggressiveness disappeared faster than a Magic Johnson no-looker

I don't think I have ever seen a ref not let a player put his shoe back on...

And then eject him for that...

We wasn't gonna win that game but refs gotta be better then that.
You havent?? It's common af. Refs don't hold the game so a guy can put his shoe on. Never have. Plus it hurts the other team who could have a 5:4 advantage. Guys just put them on quick or miss plays. Happens with kd big *** shoes all the time.

I thought he was mad because he thought he was fouled with no call and that led to his shoe coming off?

We are truly a .500 team without Bron. And with Bron we barely a contender smh

Basically. I think it's funny that so many fans, analyst and prognosticators are acting genuinely shocked that this team is ordinary. Anyone with even basic basketball knowledge knew that this team wasn't a true title. Contender. It's a poorly constructed roster that relies far too much on older players. Without Carmelo Anthony shooting dang near 50% from three, we'd be well below .500.

We mortgaged our future multiple times and at least we were able to have one truly amazing season in 2019-20 that led to a championship and now all of the tinkering, trading of picks, moving of young players has finally come to bite us.

Unless we are able to get a true difference maker in the buyout market, I see us as a second round exit team

Last edited:
Basically. I think it's funny that so many fans, analyst and prognosticators are acting genuinely shocked that this team is ordinary. Anyone with even basic basketball knowledge knew that this team wasn't a true title. Contender. It's a poorly constructed roster that relies far too much on older players. Without Carmelo Anthony shooting dang near 50% from three, we'd be well below .500.

We mortgaged our future multiple times and at least we were able to have one truly amazing season in 2019-20 that led to a championship and now all of the tinkering, trading of picks, moving of young players has finally come to bite us.

Unless we are able to get a true difference maker in the buyout market, I see us as a second round exit team
They didn’t wanna listen to you man.

a roster with 9 point guards, NONE of whom can defend and 1 of whom is a turnover machine with the lower IQ than DonAld Trump. Not to mention 1 wing player (56 year old Ariza). And possibly the worst starting center in the history of the nba (DJ). Who woulda thunk it.

they have fans hypnotized into caring about Jeanie’s pockets over their own teams success. WATTBA

You havent?? It's common af. Refs don't hold the game so a guy can put his shoe on. Never have. Plus it hurts the other team who could have a 5:4 advantage. Guys just put them on quick or miss plays. Happens with kd big *** shoes all the time.

I thought he was mad because he thought he was fouled with no call and that led to his shoe coming off?

the good refs will have the mop boy mop up a wet spot and towel dry the ball just to give a player some time. I was surprised he kept the game going. You don’t treat the stars like that. We were gonna lose anyways though

Heavy defensive liabilities on the Lakers- to be especially picked on in a playoff series

monk
Ellington
Jordan
Melo
Rondo

off ball defensive liabilities:
Above mentioned maybe minus rondo but add Westbrook to that list

This is why teams that have glaring weaknesses come to LA and have career nights.

Number is defensive liabilities on the 2019 team:
Waiters
Jr smith
Both not in rotation anyways.

Can't really be mad thus far. Can't gauge anything until they come off all these injuries and get some kind of continuity.

Feel them OKC losses are going to sting at some point.

Nunn nowhere near returning? Yeah, I can see him getting moved if the right deal for a wing pops up. He may end up being the sacrificial one with the only tradeable contract and THT is back and getting comfortable.

DeRozan had 38 and LeBron had zero. There are teams that can look respectable without their best player..the Lakers aren't one. A lot of us didn't expect this team to click right away even if they were healthy so the struggle isn't really a surprise. If Bron comes back and they still don't look drastically better then yall can catch me in the draft thread.

At the end of the day the problem might be that LeBron can't stay healthy anymore and I think that's something you just have to deal with in the same way you just had to live with Kobe breaking down. It wouldn't be the end of the world because you'd have Bron and Westbrook coming off the books after next season, AD just turning 30 and under contract until 32 with a solid young core already in place and a great scouting team. But I'm not even there yet..gotta see how they look at full strength if they can be at full strength

Back
Top Bottom