**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

:lol:

Please tell me what teams can take away their best player & still be world beaters??

yes a team missing Lebron & literally half its rotation for a few weeks is playing .500 ball i don't see the shame in that

Look...I know we don't have Bron, but we have been catching some BEAT DOWNS with two players on this roster who are supposed to be top 75 of all time in the NBA.

Close loses or 10 point loses ok.

Some of these games have been over in the 3rd.

Bron ain't fixing that.

How is adding one of the best players in history not a fix to having bad quarters???

The issue in these big losses has mostly been Offensive droughts,People love to give Frank hell about the offense, but the truth of the matter is when you coach Lebron the offense is HEAVILY centered around him. Having him back will alleviate a lot of those issues.

Last edited:
Let’s hope so:
C8BDA7B8-511F-4322-9DF0-7C465D53284D.png

It was funny watching all those players on the bulls that wanted to play with Bron / be lakers whoop our *** last night.

Demar, Zo & Caruso would be elite role players for us. Demar lowkey deserves mvp talk (like 5-10 range) for the way he’s playing. Man decided to shoot 3s and became deadly. Would’ve been perfect next to Bron and AD.

How is adding one of the best players in history not a fix to having bad quarters???

The issue in these big losses has mostly been Offensive droughts,People love to give Frank hell about the offense, but the truth of the matter is when you coach Lebron the offense is HEAVILY centered around him. Having him back will alleviate a lot of those issues.

The offensive droughts is one thing.

The defense is just as bad. Simple things like defensive rebounding and communication just aren't there.

It was funny watching all those players on the bulls that wanted to play with Bron / be lakers whoop our *** last night.

Demar, Zo & Caruso would be elite role players for us. Demar lowkey deserves mvp talk (like 5-10 range) for the way he’s playing. Man decided to shoot 3s and became deadly. Would’ve been perfect next to Bron and AD.

Bron, AD and Rob chose Russ.

Bron, AD and Rob chose Russ.

I know. We couldn’t afford Zo. Demar got PAID & I don’t know how we could’ve matched that either.

Our package was too **** to trade for Dame and I doubt Olshey would’ve traded him inside the division.

Lakers wanted a 3rd star and Russ was the one available.

Could've had DeRozan for two of Kuzma, Trezz and KCP. But that would've hard capped the team again, which is not good. Might've meant losing THT too.

It’s not Lebron being out

AD is supposedly a generational talent
Russ is Mr MVP Triple Double machine Top 75

those two alone should beat OKC and MIN and at least be competitive against good teams

something else is going on. Vogel’s offense and effort on defense are some glaring issues

I've wanted to see them pursue Demar since last season (or Rudy), but signing him last offseason would've hard capped them. Wasn't happening especially after seeing they ain't playing with damoney in the Caruso situation.

Still been saying CJ McCollum's name for a few years now and I'm still confused why noone has traded for dude.

34D83B21-9312-42C4-A96C-76B9F92C15ED.jpeg

Man I used to really like this site for Laker content…but this is nonsense. Yes I know it’s a spoof on the LA Times article but the point remains, not funny and who cares?

Nunn a factor to tho

have no idea how he will look over here lol
ESP considering I believe monk and reaves deserve a lot of minutes. Nunn being back prob means no more rondo tho which is good

this dude Frank be throwing out Russ/rondo/tht combos like why lol

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the issue with the DDR sign and trade talks was that it would hard cap the Lakers most likely costing them Caruso AND THT? AD, Bron, DeRozan and the rest of the roster full of minimum players.

All for the right to maybe pay him somewhere around the 3 years $85 mil he got from the Bulls…thanks but no thanks.

Back
Top Bottom