**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

gdlblwl2j3081.jpg

The reaction to the arena name change is bizarre to me. I wasn't aware that so many fans were attached to a corporately named arena. It's not like it's dodger stadium or something, the place has been named after an office supply store for 20 years. Even the forum was named after the Great Western Bank. A name change was bound to happen

Like a lot of you guys, I never really associated the Staples center with a staples retail brand. Whenever they said Staples center I never thought about shopping there.

The reaction to the arena name change is bizarre to me. I wasn't aware that so many fans were attached to a corporately named arena. It's not like it's dodger stadium or something, the place has been named after an office supply store for 20 years. Even the forum was named after the Great Western Bank. A name change was bound to happen

Like a lot of you guys, I never really associated the Staples center with a staples retail brand. Whenever they said Staples center I never thought about shopping there.
I think it has more to do with a) the current tire fire of a lakers season with bad decisions just piling on b)any arena with a dot com is just garbage. Let alone an international website

Crypto.com :smokin
Too bad Miami got FTX, Coinbase should’ve tried to cop naming rights instead of crypto.com but I’ll take it :pimp:

Staples for sure got their money’s worth out of their endorsement deal. That has to be one of the greatest stadium naming rights deals in sports history. Nobody gives a **** about staples the brand but “Staples Center” was inconic.

I wonder if they’ll do crypto give aways like FTX arena does. I need some more $one :lol:

Complaining about this is weird when the Lakers got some Asian company I never heard of as the jersey sponsor. Wish.com jersey sponsor was terrible too.

Bucks might be the one team more hobbled than us (Lopez, Middleton, DiVincenzo, Hill). Must take advantage.

AD vs Giannis tonight :emoji_fire: :emoji_fire:

Checked there career stats vs eachother (15 Games)

Giannis 20/8/4 on 52/25/75
AD 27/10/3 on 48/22/83

Hopefully this trend continues tonight & we get a good win.
What trend? Sucking?

Lakers have lost 5 games without LeBron. OKC/OKC/PDX/MIN/CHI. Anybody think Bron is good for at least 2 wins in that span? That would put the Lakers at 4th in the west. 3 would put them at third. But yea the issue might be that you just can't count on him to be available like that anymore

Even prior to all the injuries i had this team on pace to be a 4th seed, 3rd seed max. I suspect that we'll hover around 6,7 for the first half of the season & really start to catch a rhythm coming into the playoffs as roles are defined & hopefully we're healthier.

Seeding really doesn't matter to me much, I think the West isn't as strong as its been in the past so i'll take my chances with the Lebron/Cavs way of the later years. And use the regular season as prep for the playoffs. Don't need are guys running down for seeding.

I can already see it. Once the Lakers win a title in the "new" arena they finna put season highlights on sportscenter and call the segment "Tales from the Crypt"

I can already see it. Once the Lakers win a title in the "new" arena they finna put season highlights on sportscenter and call the segment "Tales from the Crypt"
More like

when we lose in 2nd round people gonna finally come around and say “hmmm I guess this team was flawed. Russ. 9 point guards. No wings. 2 old centers. A coach who needs specific type players we never got him. Who woulda thunk it!!!??”

Back
Top Bottom