**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If AD took the matchup as personally as Greek did maybe it’s a different game
But he didn’t lol I like AD but it always been his mental with me tbh

but I think they saidwe was like 12/40 from three lol

This “short-handed Lakers” narrative is BS

we have enough talent and two “star players” to win these games. Just look at the short handed warriors!

D782A042-83AE-4428-A301-A753580D1F48.jpeg

Yeah he shoulda got the and 1 on the dunk but let’s go to the shot chart
8E912787-DB99-40E1-98ED-C11D8E117A4E.jpeg

He took 15 shots and only 6 in the paint…and how many of those were fadeaways?

Yeah I’m on one tonight guys 😂
Stop making excuses for this dude, point blank period. THT balled out, Russ making plays and for the most part kept the turnovers down (15 assists, 3 TO’s). Guys shot a lot of 3’s because NUMBER 3 didn’t show up.

It's not necessarily that he can't do it, it's the way he does it. He needs others to create for him and he'll clean up after guys. He'll flash some ball handling and playmaking and show what he's capable of now and then but that was never his bread and butter. It's like he has arrested development or something and never quite turned the corner as a #1 option outside the bubble really

Yea, I was hoping bubble AD was a sign of things to come but it just regressed slightly.

IDK how we are continuously having this convo about a guy who is 27/10/3 on 53/32/83 come playoff time :lol: . because he didn't treat a game in November like a finals matchup.
Gianni did that’s why he’s elite and that’s the main difference between him and AD.

Imma say it again..I'm guessing yall never watched AD in Nola :lol:. When the trade first happened I called him an elite garbage man. He has the look of a guy that should be able to put in work like Giannis but that's never been his game
AD couldn't get anywhere in NOLA til Boogie and Rondo came and that's when he got furthest in the postseason.

He def cannot put a team on his back like Gisnnis who is a true #1.

AD ain't even a 1A no more cause dude is scared of contact.

AD is disinterested. It’s frustrating and disappointing but I won’t worry about him until Bron is back.
I'm worried. Cause if AD has to rely on Bron to get his game where it needs to be, what if Bron foul out like Shaq, can AD carry the team like Kobe did in OT?

What if Bron gets hurt in the playoffs, can AD will his team like Giannis?

The answer rn is a resounding NO to those questions.

We would be fk'd in the playoffs if Bron went down for any extended amount of time

I'm worried. Cause if AD has to rely on Bron to get his game where it needs to be, what if Bron foul out like Shaq, can AD carry the team like Kobe did in OT?

What if Bron gets hurt in the playoffs, can AD will his team like Giannis?

The answer rn is a resounding NO to those questions.

We would be fk'd in the playoffs if Bron went down for any extended amount of time
AD can’t carry this team. And he doesn’t have to as long as Bron is healthy going forward . I don’t believe the abdominal injury was serious. I just think he was taking extra time to heal up completely from the ankle injury earlier on as well as this injury. If he gets hurt again, the writing is officially on the wall for Bron.

The conundrum is...

AD plays better on offense when he's the 5, but is much less effective on D when he's the 5 cause he becomes it appears he's less dominating on D when he by himself is tasked with protecting the lane and the rim. He has much more pressure on him defensively it seems.

But elwhen he's the 4, he struggles on offense because we have a non-stretch center who clogs AD's driving lanes. But when AD played next to Dwight or Javale, he was an even bigger force on the defensive end, especially with his ability to come from the weak side and help at the rim.

Lakers need Jerami Grant or Myles Turner or Sabonis, not Westbrook and Dumb*** DJ

How is it that GSW dumped Bazemore and Bradley to the Lakers, while at the same time snatching former SB Laker G-Leaguer Gary Payton The Second, who is now playing better and more consistent all around basketball than AB, KB, and RR combined?

I don't even need to see the numbers. Eye see how they ballin in SF and they ain't playin around. They tryna win this whole thing and the Lakers done goofed again with GP2, who is the type of aggressive and high IQ'd defensive guard the Lakers need to complement the offense of THT, Bron, Melo, and Potato Chip Davis

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom