**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I already told y'all the 5th guy is/will be Austin Reaves. He's got more goods than any other 2-way guard the Lakers have that's not named THT.

You need 2 legit role players who do all the intangibles next to your 3 ball handlers and scorers.

It’s been like 3 games and I already forgot about him :rofl:
You’re right he has a legit shot to finish games.

How is it that GSW dumped Bazemore and Bradley to the Lakers, while at the same time snatching former SB Laker G-Leaguer Gary Payton The Second, who is now playing better and more consistent all around basketball than AB, KB, and RR combined?

I don't even need to see the numbers. Eye see how they ballin in SF and they ain't playin around. They tryna win this whole thing and the Lakers done goofed again with GP2, who is the type of aggressive and high IQ'd defensive guard the Lakers need to complement the offense of THT, Bron, Melo, and Potato Chip Davis

I gotta agree with this. Letting GP the 2nd dip for nothing was a L. He looks really good for the warriors.

I’m hoping Chaundee Brown can contribute.

How is it that GSW dumped Bazemore and Bradley to the Lakers, while at the same time snatching former SB Laker G-Leaguer Gary Payton The Second, who is now playing better and more consistent all around basketball than AB, KB, and RR combined?

I don't even need to see the numbers. Eye see how they ballin in SF and they ain't playin around. They tryna win this whole thing and the Lakers done goofed again with GP2, who is the type of aggressive and high IQ'd defensive guard the Lakers need to complement the offense of THT, Bron, Melo, and Potato Chip Davis
Lol there are certain teams we should never take leftovers from. They have elite management so if they dump a player, it’s usually for great reason.

Warriors took wiseman over lamelo. That’s about as unelite as you can possibly get.
While I agree with this statement now, the tune can easily change later since the Warriors are proven to develop players and mold them perfectly into their system. If Wiseman ain't the fragile type, he may end up becoming an impact player for the playoff ready roster of the Warriors.

It’s been like 3 games and I already forgot about him :rofl:
You’re right he has a legit shot to finish games.
Can't make an impact when hardly getting minutes.

Once Ellington, Bazemore, and the like fizzle out, Im super confident that AR15 will be ready to seize the moment and ball.

Payton took like 5 years to catch on after the Lakers first had him. He was on the raptors g league team when the warriors picked him up
The timing was off. The Lakers weren't able to really develop him then cause he didnt fit the roster at the time so he never got his chance.

Turns out his style of play and skillset fits the Warriors to a T.

But now he would fit here too. Timing with LAL just wasn't right imo

Disclaimer: I am not trying to trade THT…

But THT keeps playing like this and we would be able to flip THT & Russ’ expiring contract for something nice this off-season.

I’m glad Frank had him guard Giannis for a few plays. Getting baptized is the only way to learn :lol:

Warriors took wiseman over lamelo. That’s about as unelite as you can possibly get.
We took D’lo over lavine, ball over Tatum and Mitchell, traded D’lo for Lopez etc etc.

not saying we are terrible but let’s not act like one bad move bring them down a whole notch. Not to mention wieseman hasn’t really played. Let’s be as patient with him as we wanna be with our garage team right now

Only thing about GSW that I’ll say is their offense a lot more fluid and creative lol
I get the shooting is way better but they def doing more than what the lakers do for the most part lmaoo

I had him as a fringe all star in his age group just beneath guys like Ja and Fox. He might actually be in that same tier

Most encouraging thing is how loosely he's been letting the three fly, he hasn't been someone who settles for threes in the past so there's definitely confidence with it. If he developed a three he a legitimate 6th man right now, which i wasn't expecting yet.

Also for the AD can't carry a team on offense, when he was averaging 30 ppg in the playoffs with Nola with Mirotic & etuan Moore as his options does that not count? When we won a championship with him being the #1 option until the finals did that not count?

i'm really trying to understand why ya'll are lying like this to try & justify a narrative that has clearly been proven untrue many times.

Last edited:
Difference between Kuz & THT is that Kuzma just doesn't naturally have what THT does in terms of feel for the game. the way he moves with the ball, finishes & attacks aren't something that most players can just learn, no matter how hard they work.

His three ball needs to become consistent, but if that's anywhere around a 35-37 % your looking at a 20 ppg scorer who can at the very least be a decent defender for three positions. Which is a skillset we have seen guys get near maxes for.

THT is much more Ingram then Kuz, Im not gonna sit here & say they will be perrenial AS or anything, but from young it was very evident with Ingram that the bag was there, he just needed consistency & to smooth out a few holes, I feel exactly the same about THT. The intangibles he already displays are that of an excellent scorer.

I don't know if people realize THT fell in the draft because of an injury. 538 or one of those nerd sites had him as a top 8 talent in his class. Prisoner of the moment but looking at it now he should've been top 3. While we're at it I don't know if everyone realizes that Reaves was a late first/early second pick and the Lakers had an agreement that he'd choose to go undrafted so they could pick him up. In that sense he's a better prospect than Caruso who legit wasn't getting any attention and had to mold himself into an NBA player over time

Last edited:
If THT can - A. shoot over 30% from 3 consistently and B. actually play defense, sky's the limit.

He's got DWade measurables. They always talk about his wingspan, but he's legit 230+lbs. Watching him actually have a pulse on defense these last few games might be the most encouraging sign. He's not only playable now, he's looking at becoming a legit contributor on the playoff roster.

Nunn really getting traded now. :lol: Friday finna be real interesting with THT, Rustle and Bron back.

Back
Top Bottom