**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Might sound weird but if we lose tonight I hope we do so in an embarrassing fashion

Unless the organization feels Heat to make changes they won’t. They will just say “this year doesn’t count. We got injured. We will do the same thing next year!

dudes abandoned ship when we had wes johnson, jordan hill and and ryan kelly starting
and here we are now
with dudes abandoning ship with lbj, AD, rust and melo on the team

good grief
we stink

We’ve had really good complimentary centers the last 4-5 years that we seem to just give away for no reason

Lopez- three point shooting drop coverage playing big they can block shot that’s more than capable of 15-20 mins of effectiveness. Traded for him and then lost him with nothing in return. Lost asset at the least.

Zubac- improving young asset. Blocks shots. Can score. Great hands. Rookie deal. Sure he got paid the following summer but we had his rights and so we can pay him whatever without sweat. We ain’t the damn pacers. Traded for muscala lol

McGee- I get why we traded him since we lost Howard and needed a big body to guard jokic. Then we realized the mistake, signed Jones and then trashed him for Drummond lol. Traded McGee for literally nothing. Salary dump.

Jones- see above

The center merry go round will continue as Howard and DJ both won’t be back (likely). Howard looks slower and DJ should be working at RadioShack by now.

Honorable mentions: small ball center Kieff Morris.

I agree with most of this but bruh Zubac had the most stone hands while ironically being the most slippery this side of Kwame Brown. Dude fumbled so many passes under the basket it was maddening.

• Haha
Reactions: DLF
699E3305-6740-43DA-8AC2-6BC91C9350AB.jpeg

Lol my data said Dogecoin is gonna go to the moon. And here I am, broke
Sure, I guess if you got all your data from Elon Musk.

But I agree with him that the Lakers process is improving on both sides of the ball. Taking certain guys out of the rotation has helped a lot. Feels like on offense they’ll either get a good shot, or commit a stupid turnover but it’s not a lot of stagnant stuff like earlier in the season. With the right personnel they’re able to do more switching helps tremendously.

I get that it hasn’t translated into wins during this stretch but I believe they have the right approach. Next step is to hopefully get more guys back so some of the players who are playing too much can be put back into their proper role.

Just maximize what you have to work with for now, and identity a style that you can build from when others return

team sucks so bad i got a feeling "still sitting on 17" gonna have a double meaning soon.

if we can get to 17 wins 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: DLF
Back
Top Bottom