**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Nurse is probably gonna require a trade right?

Juwan Howard would be good, he might smack a few coaches and players but I’m not mad at it if he comes :lol:

If we're going through the entire "blame pie" exercise, I would say that Frank Vogel and his coaching account for about 10% of the issues the Lakers had last season.

True, his rotations weren't the best and we had far too many games that were blowouts in the first half, late game implosions, blown leads,etc (which I would say is an indication of poor coaching)

The vast majority of the issues were with poor roster construction. Essentially Frank was handed a 💩 roster and expected to work miracles.

Frank will coach again. Hopefully he doesn't get placed in a position to fail like he was this year.

Sad man. Yeah there were times where I/we questioned so of what he did at times but he wasn't a bad coach.

Blowgel did well, but not a perfect coach, made mistakes

I want a coach who doesn’t make excuses like “Ariza is our anchor and he’s injured”

I want a coach who players respect and listen to and who isn’t afraid to make tough decisions

Fizdale is worthless and can be let go. Penberthy hasn't improved AD's jumper. Not sure about the rest.

Blowgel did well, but not a perfect coach, made mistakes

I want a coach who doesn’t make excuses like “Ariza is our anchor and he’s injured”

I want a coach who players respect and listen to and who isn’t afraid to make tough decisions

I don't really know what you expected Frank to do. He was handed a crappy roster. The simple fact that we have to mention Trevor ariza at all just shows you how weak and thin this roster was. You can make the realistic argument that the Lakers only had 2 starter level players on the entire roster (AD and LeBron).

Russell Westbrook didn't respect Frank but then again he hasn't respected any coach he has had and he refuses to accept a coaching in general.

Back
Top Bottom