**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I have a sick & bad feeling this is the Lakers next coach again:

mike-brown-dwight-howardjpg.jpg

I have a sick & bad feeling this is the Lakers next coach again:

mike-brown-dwight-howardjpg.jpg
As long as the roster is healthy, that's a championship coach, my friend. The only reason he couldn't "coach" Lebron and Kobe to championships is because of injuries. Those other coaches that won the championships in the years that he coached Kobe and Lebron? Those coaches didn't have to deal with injuries, it's that simple.

#NBACoachersArentReal

-foe

Is it me or does of these leaked reports paint Frank as kind of a pushover?

Nice guy for sure, works well with specific type of groups (vets who hold each other accountable) but if he's the guy that has to hold other's accountable it's just not really one of his strengths.

Like the report in training camp with Russ being disrespectful and challenging his philosophy...I'm curious to what was Frank's response to that? Would be a great way to lose a team if everyone saw this happen and nothing was done about it.

Honestly, I wouldn't have been mad if we would have kept Frank. He did an incredible job in the 2020 season and that team was on pace to win 64 games before the bubble. He held the team accountable on the defensive end (even LeBron) and he made a lot of great adjustments during the 2020 title run (changing the starting lineup to go small against Houston, forcing the rockets to take the ball out of James Harden's hands, going big and using Dwight against Jokic, etc.

Last season we had the best defense in the league despite LeBron and AD missing large portions of the season. Heck, we were up 2-1 against Phoenix before AD got hurt.

I will admit that this season didn't go well but, like I mentioned, the vast majority of that is just poor roster construction and not coaching. How many coaches in the league could have made the playoffs with two NBA starter level players?

Is it me or does of these leaked reports paint Frank as kind of a pushover?

Nice guy for sure, works well with specific type of groups (vets who hold each other accountable) but if he's the guy that has to hold other's accountable it's just not really one of his strengths.

Like the report in training camp with Russ being disrespectful and challenging his philosophy...I'm curious to what was Frank's response to that? Would be a great way to lose a team if everyone saw this happen and nothing was done about it.
He's naturally a nonconfrontational personality. Imagine if he was combative with LeBron, Melo and Westbrick. :lol:

Let's face it, he was probably grateful he got the job considering how the end of Indy and Orlando went for him (not entirely his fault). And everybody knew he was lame duck when it was revealed he only got a one year extension.

As long as the roster is healthy, that's a championship coach, my friend. The only reason he couldn't "coach" Lebron and Kobe to championships is because of injuries. Those other coaches that won the championships in the years that he coached Kobe and Lebron? Those coaches didn't have to deal with injuries, it's that simple.

#coachersarentreal

-foe

giphy-downsized-large.gif

He's naturally a nonconfrontational personality. Imagine if he was combative with LeBron, Melo and Westbrick. :lol:

Let's face it, he was probably grateful he got the job considering how the end of Indy and Orlando went for him (not entirely his fault). And everybody knew he was lame duck when it was revealed he only got a one year extension.

I think that's what great players want, someone to push and challenge them.. not someone that's going to be intimated or a pushover.

Just my opinion of course.

I think that's what great players want, someone to push and challenge them.. not someone that's going to be intimated or a pushover.

Just my opinion of course.

To me it depends on the rest of the roster.

Gotta have a mix of good cops and bad cops. Fizdale has rapport with Bron, but no one else. Handy probably has cache at this point. Everybody else is a nobody. :lol:

frank vogel was supposed to be an assistant coach for us, just like jason kidd

but ty and monty didnt want to have their staff chosen for them, or work for minimum wage

with word that the team wants to retain some of the staff, its gonna be interesting who decides to take the reigns

frank vogel was supposed to be an assistant coach for us, just like jason kidd

but ty and monty didnt want to have their staff chosen for them, or work for minimum wage

with word that the team wants to retain some of the staff, its gonna be interesting who decides to take the reigns
doc rivers :lol:

So Nick Nurse is a Klutch client? And he’s under contract with Toronto but Klutch is leaking rumors that their client is being considered for the Lakers job?

Are they doing this to increase their client’s value ? I’ll be happy when we move on from Klutch

Coaching search is going to be so complex

Russ or no Russ? What happens if we have to bring him back?
How long is Lebron committed?
Rambis and co. sitting in on meetings?
Owners commanding certain assistant coaches on staff

Search is going to be difficult to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom