**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Honestly bring in whoever Bron & AD want.

They'll play for that guy and surely won't throw him under the bus if things go astray :smile:

And god please let him/her pick their assistants.

This is not a difficult concept.

My only issue is with his condescension towards everyone. "You all are too brain dead to see past the guy in a suit. Ok, fine, enjoy Doc effing Rivers."*

Yes, talent wins games. You need a well constructed roster. Injuries play a major role, and they can happen anytime a player jumps in the air, and jumping in the air happens kind of a lot in basketball. Know your rotations. Move the ball, play D. All of these components play a role, and so does coaching.

And the only reason the condescension bothers me is because ZERO OF US HAVE EVER RUN A SPORTS TEAM. So for someone, ANYONE, to think/act like "You all are fools! I have it all figured out!"... well get out of Oregon and go make millions running a team then. You got it, go do it.

-foe

Funny. Same group of folks in this same thread that called out their coach EVERY DAY. Zero info on what should actually be done. Zero info on who was or wasn't 100%. Zero info on what matchups they were looking to exploit. (Offense or defense) Zero clue about Rambis butting in. (or whoever else could be in that mix)

But every single day folks were goin hard.

Those same folks complained about Walton. And Byron. And MDA. And Mike Brown.

You pickin up any patterns?

My point about Doc, or Snyder or whoever comes next.........they'll ***** about them too. But you not gon tell them to get out of their state and go run a team, are you? No, you won't. You'll just go on agreeing with them. Ya know, cuz they didn't play X player 5 extra minutes. Or they subbed this guy and not that guy. Or my actual favorite "why isn't ___ playing????" Uhhh, he has 4 fouls and it's the 3rd quarter. "Oh". :lol:

Sad thing is, I called this with the Walton arguments. I said quite literally, we upgrade the roster, Walton or whoever (Vogel) would succeed. We got AD, and boom. Couple years go by, injuries and mileage piled up, and everyone turns. Guess what, SAME thing gon happen to the next coach.

There's so much "I can't believe this is still bein talked about" and shock and awe every damn day, it's been YEARS of this **** with people blaming the coaches for what the players do on the court. It's just like the Anti-tankers that celebrated like hell when we got AD. How the **** y'all think that happened? :lol: :rofl: But they sure was celebratin.

It's not condescension or whatever you want to call it. It's me seeing the same patterns in here for years and callin it out. That makes me the bad guy, so be it. I'm literally watching it live where I live. You know Blazer fans CRUSHED Terry Stotts for his "failures" and they were so happy to fire him.......and get Chauncey Billups. Now every day they try to walk it back about how it wasn't really Stotts fault afterall. :lol: *Shrugs*

I'm sure our next coach will be an upgrade. And everybody will embrace his every move.......for a month or so.

Lakers wanted DeMar DeRozan to take huge paycut to join last offseason​

Because we nearly hit our one-month mark before having a new repackaging of DeMar DeRozan rumors, Fischer also dropped a nugget on him on his podcast as well.

From what I’ve been told time and again by people in and around the Lakers is that they did not want to take on someone who’d be having guaranteed 3-year max-type salary that would hardcap them and limit their flexibility. So, the deal that DeMar got in Chicago he was not getting with the Lakers. I remember even hearing that Lakers people were trying to convince DeMar to take the minimum or a Kendrick Nunn deal to try come and be a supporting cast guy which, obviously, he had no interest in doing.

“The lakers coulda had Hield, derozen, lebron, Ad, KD, curry, klay, morant….”

Lol

But you not gon tell them to get out of their state and go run a team, are you? No, you won't.
Am I gonna call people out for complaining? You're correct: no.

I explicitly and specifically said what my problem was, and it wasn't complaining.

You go out of your way to miss points, then rant on a point that wasn't made. 🤣 Prime example:
people blaming the coaches for what the players do on the court
Literally no one does that. 🤣

-foe

Am I gonna call people out for complaining? You're correct: no.

I explicitly and specifically said what my problem was, and it wasn't complaining.

You go out of your way to miss points, then rant on a point that wasn't made. 🤣 Prime example:

Literally no one does that. 🤣

-foe

Yes, they are.

Vogel just got fired. For what the players did on the court. Scapegoated. Which is EXACTLY what happened. Everyone is calling them out for it now too. (Which is good)

If coaching isn't important then why do we care if Vogel got fired?? Why all this back and forth? lol

We know this team will only go as far as Lebron and AD go. We know that's predicated on health.

So why do we care if Vogel got fired? Kick rocks and bring in the next teacher or color commentator so we can win a chip, as long as Lebron and AD are healthy.

What happened to "LAKERS DONT REBUILD, WE RELOAD"

Bring on the next big name coach please!

The person(s) most responsible are still in charge.......
Lebron & AD healthy is all that matters. Whoever you think is responsible for us losing, 🗣🗣🗣 IT'S NOT THEIR FAULT!

Healthy Lebron + AD = CHAMPIONSHIP. They get injured, we don't win. Everyone else is just a suit.

-foe

de9.jpg

When they sucked, know who I didn't blame? The coach. :wink:
Because for some reason you have a 0% fault applied to coaches. It's like you understand that there are percentages, but you've also convinced yourself that the percentage applied to a coach was, is and shall always be 0.

-foe

Back
Top Bottom