**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Win what, championships or regular season games?

It's the first round. We'll see which Bigs are playing in the Finals, which is what matters most.

Why wait? We know every team in the playoffs.
Embiid is your only hope.
Ayton in Phoenix is their 3rd best player.
Adams isn't doing anything for Memphis.
Brooke Lopez
Valencunis?
Drummond? :lol:
Al Horford? :lol:
Draymond.......
Nobody in Dallas.
Rudy Gobert......getting played off the floor
KAT having just a massive impact......
Bam with the Heat could be an option.....he's like the 4th option on his own team, but hey.

Clearly, bigs gonna be real important this postseason.....

Why wait? We know every team in the playoffs.
Embiid is your only hope.
Ayton in Phoenix is their 3rd best player.
Adams isn't doing anything for Memphis.
Brooke Lopez
Valencunis?
Drummond? :lol:
Al Horford? :lol:
Draymond.......
Nobody in Dallas.
Rudy Gobert......getting played off the floor
KAT having just a massive impact......
Bam with the Heat could be an option.....he's like the 4th option on his own team, but hey.

Clearly, bigs gonna be real important this postseason.....
The fact that you just listed all those bigs who are playing in the playoffs and are vital components to their respective ball clubs proves my point that bigs are REAL IMPORTANT in today's game.

Bucks 2021 (Giannis, Lopez, Portis)
Lakers 2020 (AD, McGee, Howard, Morris)
Raptors 2019 (Gasol, Ibaka, Siakam)

As if the bigs listed above really weren't important pieces in their team's championship runs and could've been easily replaced by a Muscala or a Zubac and have achieved the same success :lol:

Tell me the last time a starting lineup featuring five guys standing 6-3, 6-5, 6-6, 6-7, and 6-9 won a championship? :lol:

And you got it twisted big time cause you think what I'm saying is that a Big has to be the best player on the team in order to win chips. That's clearly not what I'm saying. You just tryna paint ya own narrative.

Here's THE BOTTOM LINE:
You can have great wings but if you have weak *** bigs for a supporting cast you ain't winning sh**. But if you got great wings and guards and your bigs are equally great in their roles, now you got a formula for championship success. You think Chauncey and Rip win a chip in 2004 if they had George Lynch, Jim Jackson, and Eddy Curry instead of Sheed Wallace, Ben Wallace, Memet Okur, and Tayshaun Prince? :lol:

Get back to me in June bro

Last edited:
all those bigs who are playing in the playoffs and are vital components to their respective ball clubs proves my point that bigs are REAL IMPORTANT in today's game.
Thassit.

And 2 of them are THEEEEE best teams in their conference.

But hey...

-foe

Not everything has to follow a formula. Stop thinking like pelinka.

You know damn well Rob doesnt know yet what trades he would accept yet. He’s waiting to see what style of basketball works this playoffs and try to emulate it, like when he tried to copy the clippers formula of lots of 3s and non-defenders almost making it to the finals last year.

Our last championship don't happen if you take off McGee/Dwert, but I bet he thinks it still would. "dWeRt iS MAYBE the 5th oPtiOn bUt HeY..."

😂🤣🤣🤪

-foe

Thread in shambles...

200w.gif

In order to win the Super Bowl, you HAVE to have a kicker.

No team in history has won without one. Fax only.....

To win an NBA Championship, you HAVE to have at least one player on the roster taller than 6'8".

This guy is listing Javale, Bobby Portis, Markieff Morris, Brooke Lopez, Siakam (????) and Dwight as keys to winning chips.

And I'm being called a stat guy. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

In order to win the Super Bowl, you HAVE to have a kicker.

No team in history has won without one. Fax only.....

To win an NBA Championship, you HAVE to have at least one player on the roster taller than 6'8".

This guy is listing Javale, Bobby Portis, Markieff Morris, Brooke Lopez, Siakam (????) and Dwight as keys to winning chips.

And I'm being called a stat guy. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Straight up, no cap, no BS:

You don't know basketball. 🤣 Like that's just what we dealing with here. The more people realize that, the more smooth the thread will be because they'll just stop arguing with you.

"cOaChEs aRe DuMb. cEnTeRs aRe StUpiD."

You're right. :smile:

-foe

• Wow
Reactions: MVP
Imagine thinking Javale McGee is on that Keith Closs-Matt Fish level while not knowing about Javale's three rings, why Javale continues to get contracts with title contending teams, etc, etc, because Javale only averages 8 and 8 and 2 blks in 12 minutes of play :lol:

Imagine not knowing the difference between Javale and any another random big in the league who puts up similar numbers yet never makes a winning impact on their team :lol:

Now I don't know basketball. :lol:

I've been seen! :lol:

And not a once have I said Centers are stupid. I want AD to be the Center full time. I'd surely love to have Jokic. Prime Dwight. Shaq. Kareem.

But TODAY:
Boston is Tatum/Jaylen Brown etc.
Brooklyn is Kyrie/KD
Golden State is Steph/Klay/Dray......Poole? :lol:
Suns are CP3/Booker
Grizz are Ja and a pack of damn Wolves
Mavs are Luka
Heat are Butler/Lowry/Bam
Bucks are Giannis/Kris/Jrue
Bulls are DeRozan/LaVine
Pels are Ingram/CJ and someday Zion
Clippers were PG/KawhiDNP

Philly is Embiid
Minny is KAT/Ant
Nuggets are Jokic
Jazz are Mitchell......and Gobert, who can't play in the playoffs.

The entire identities of those rosters are guard/wing driven. The entire playoffs is based on those guys, and then Embiid/Jokic.

So saying, well, they all have 7 footers on the roster is just ignoring actual reasons teams are built how they are. Every team has 7 footers. It's the equivalent of saying "you have to have a Point Guard to win a Title......."

Yeah, no ****

And a two guard.
And a small forward.
And a power forward.
And a bench.

:lol:

Imagine thinking Javale McGee is on that Keith Closs-Matt Fish level while not knowing about Javale's three rings, why Javale continues to get contracts with title contending teams, etc, etc, because Javale only averages 8 and 8 and 2 blks in 12 minutes of play :lol:

Imagine not knowing the difference between Javale and any another random big in the league who puts up similar numbers yet never makes a winning impact on their team :lol:
Mans a 3x champ AND Olympic gold medalist, but yeah, he just a random big. Because he only averages 8. They just pick any ol' goofy on the Olympics.

I hope bro says Laettner. Please say Richard Jefferson or Shawn Marion as a response. I'm ready. Do it. 😂

-foe

You can not be serious......

Mans a 3x champ AND Olympic gold medalist, but yeah, he just a random big. Because he only averages 8. They just pick any ol' goofy on the Olympics.

I hope bro says Laettner. Please say Richard Jefferson or Shawn Marion as a response. I'm ready. Do it. 😂

-foe

So.....naw. You guys aren't really crediting Javale with nothin. I'm bein punked.

Where's Ashton? Come out you goofy son of a gun.

You guys aren't really crediting Javale with nothin.
Crediting him with being a 3x champ and Olympic gold medalist, andn acknowledging that's not by accident. To a basketball stat nerd who thinks Moneyball is a championship blueprint, he's just the stats on paper and this is all a prank.

-foe

Crediting him with being a 3x champ and Olympic gold medalist, andn acknowledging that's not by accident. To a basketball stat nerd who thinks Moneyball is a championship blueprint, he's just the stats on paper and this is all a prank.

-foe

Ok, so how much should a guy play, to contribute?

A quarter?
A half?
30+ minutes a night?
40+ minutes a night?

Do they need to play in 4th quarters/overtime?

Roughly. How much? Is half a game fair? Old Duncan with Kawhi/Parker/Manu was about 28 minutes a night. Is that fair, or more, or even less?

Let's not worry about stats. I don't care about points, rebounds etc.

This is 2020.

Screenshot_20220422-110822.png

I'm not sure I'm reading right, but I believe that says he did not play in the Finals.

And in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, he didn't play much either.

Here is his first title with GSW:
Screenshot_20220422-110959.png

He did play in those Finals. He DNP'd the clincher, but he did play.

So, are we crediting him just bein on the team? No need to factor on the court, just bein on the roster?

AD, Bron, Caruso, KCP, Kuz, those guys fought their ***es off.
Javale was on the roster.

Same/same? This is how we view it? I just want to be sure. This is what we're goin with moving forward, am I correct?

Back
Top Bottom