**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

They would deserve it

Hired a non-big name coach. Got rid of their legacy gm and put someone there that understands modern basketball. Made trades for non-sexy big names and has the team humming.
100 percent.

Brought back Theis, who is a perfect fit with Horford whom they also brought back to mentor emerging bigs in Tobert and Grant Williams.

Last year they didn't have this full complement of bigs and guess what,the Celtics sucked last year

It’s gonna happen. There’s only a handful of championship experience coaches out there

There’s goes the Russ to CHA option

Just jumping in this because #WhyNot

But the two things I’m prioritizing when it comes to winning (not the only things) are defense and rebounding. I think in previous eras you mostly got this from your 4/5’s but in this era of spread pick and rolls/switch everything defense it’s more important to have length at multiple positions instead of just size in the paint.
Size on the perimeter and motor would be mine after this past season's debacle.

Defense and rebounding (plus shooting!) would be ideal skill sets to bring in as well.

Ok. I'll take that one word difference. That was my phrasing, or paraphrasing tho. I agree.

His original quotes were No Bigs, no chips. But I won't argue that far down word for word.

I'll agree in the name of random "bigs" like Kurt Rambis, Chris Anderson, John Salley and Boris Diaw and their importance to Championship winning Money errr Basketball.
And Im gonna say it again.....VERBATIM: "NO impact Bigs = No Chips". You are exactly right bro.

Nowhere in there does it say No Elite Bigs = No Titles lol

And for you to call Diaw, Rambis, Birdman, and Spider Salley "Random bigs" is further proof you don't understand the game as well as you think you do because you are CLEARLY implying had the Pistons replaced Salley with Mel Turpin, they'd still be back to back champs. Or had the Spurs replaced Diaw and his 25 minutes per game in 2014 with Josh McRoberts guarding Bosh, the Spurs would've won it all.

I expect people who know and watch basketball to read between the lines. And it's obvious you either a) can't or b) choose not to

Just jumping in this because #WhyNot

But the two things I’m prioritizing when it comes to winning (not the only things) are defense and rebounding. I think in previous eras you mostly got this from your 4/5’s but in this era of spread pick and rolls/switch everything defense it’s more important to have length at multiple positions instead of just size in the paint.
Agree but having size in the paint and having the ability to defend the paint are still critical components of championship teams and there is no denying this as evidenced by the last three champions

Having impact players (operative word: IMPACT) with size and length is a common denominator of all NBA Champions going back 40-plus years

Agree but having size in the paint and having the ability to defend the paint are still critical components of championship teams and there is no denying this as evidenced by the last three champions

Having impact players (operative word: IMPACT) with size and length is a common denominator of all NBA Champions going back 40-plus years
Why the “but”… lol I’m not arguing against your point bro

Lamelo and Vogel. Awful fit. Don’t do it MJ. Y’all need Russ. Hire Scotty brooks MJ.

Mantecas finest.

I think we should groom him to be a potential coach like how QB’s are done in the NFL.

It’s a no lose situation.

Just realized lebron came to LA only to make potato chips

65FC371A-F211-4FF7-B327-C5C60F84DD22.png

Kind of nuts how both Lakers and Nets built their teams the low IQ way

Nets had kyrie and KD with Lavert and Allen and coached by Kenny Atkinson.

Ended up with 3 small guards in Dragic mills and Seth. A low iq center in Drummond and a guy who can’t play bc of mental health. And Steve ******* Nash as head coach.

Lakers moves don’t need to be rehashed again as it’s been beaten to a dead corpse

That’s why I always say. Thank god we won at least 1 in 2020

Thoughts on Delon Wright?

Big PG, can defend, 37% from three the last three years.
Depends

Has he had a good game against the lakers?

Pelinka only watches laker games so if the answer to the question above is no, Rob doesn’t know who he is.

Back
Top Bottom