**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Luka just gave his head coach lots of props for the defensive improvement of the team and going small in the 3 games he was out.

Guess you know more than luka.

I’m gonna email him tonight and tell him he’s an idiot for thinking Kidd had anything to do with the teams success

While you do that, read up on SVG's Twitter.

Saw this online lol

73622153-BFE1-4BF6-B9BE-9C6DC49FE6E4.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm telling you, with Pelinka and Rambis at the helm this is not out of the question...
Looks like Kyrie may be done with KD and BKN. Does this mean Kyrie and Westbrick will opt in the final years of their contract, get traded for each other, and then Kyrie can get reunited with Bron and Russ gets reunited with KD? :lol:

They could’ve drafted him if Rob and magic didn’t eat Lavar’s strawberry pancakes

Now watch him lead the Celtics to number 18 it’s karma
I followed that draft super closely.

Tatum was not even remotely considered in LA by Magic and rob. Why? “Oh we already got Ingram”

As if having 2 wings was blasphemy. Management been stuck in mud and set in their kurt Rambis old ways.

While you do that, read up on SVG's Twitter.
FB_IMG_1650988699863.jpg

How that should be read:
Coach tried different things but the other team was just better. DPOYs get scored on sometimes. The best scorers have missed THOUSANDS of shots, elite coaches lose to better teams sometimes. Coaches make adjustments that can win games all the time, so it's not a fair criticism to say he wasn't adjusting.

What you read:

20220426_110317.jpg

-foe

FB_IMG_1650988699863.jpg

How that should be read:
Coach tried different things but the other team was just better. DPOYs get scored on sometimes. The best scorers have missed THOUSANDS of shots, elite coaches lose to better teams sometimes. Coaches make adjustments that can win games all the time, so it's not a fair criticism to say he wasn't adjusting.

What you read:

20220426_110317.jpg

-foe

No, actually what I read was my own words in this thread for months.

The part about coaches making tons of tweaks/adjustments that armchair QB's don't recognize, yet stopped not a one of you from blaming the wrong guy for our failings.

And now, quite possible we actually downgrade at HC. (Which would be yet another FO failure) Granted, still possible they upgrade, but I highly doubt it. Prayer will be needed. (Given Quinn and Doc both efforting being jobless by next week....)

I can't wait until trades can happen.

Maybe then we can stop the coach talk.

Like its 100% clear there won't be an agreement between CP and the thread about the subject.

The one thing I will say is I think we understand that what happened this year was NOT Vogel's fault, but what normally happens in the NBA, is coaches are blamed when things go bad.

I’m hoping the lakers have learned from smart teams like Miami, Clippers, Warriors and Celtics.

Roster spots 12-15 should be dedicated to rookies, 2nd year players to develop. Find the next Mann, Coffey, Struss, Vincent Gabriel etc. basically vet min guys that are still growing and developing.

I have faith bc they waived an actual player and spent a little more to sign Wenyan Gabriel. Then they used the 2 way spot on McClung. By year 3-4 you can move off guys and bring in next round of you guys if they don’t look good or get too expensive etc etc.

Last edited:
Learning from teams that ain’t won **** :lol:

AAD203B7-0056-4E67-8377-37418002CAC1.gif
Last I checked the heat are # 1 in the east
Celtics were #2, warriors were 3rd seed.
Clippers despite injuries made the play in and went to the WCF with one of their young players Mann playing big minutes

Meanwhile the lakers won 1 title (god bless and so happy for it) but have won 2 playoff games in the last 11 years and gone through like 7 coaches. 3 gm’s and 1 president quitting on national tv.

But yea. Cool. Your response sounds awful similar to the response I got to saying this team was gonna be awful with Westbrick. Carry on

Back
Top Bottom