**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

What do we gain by slandering Javale?

He is a soild bench guy that is actually playing a decent amount of minutes this year for the suns.

Yes he didn't play in the finals for us, but once again solid minutes in the regular season and he had great chemistry with Dwight.

I just don't get the point of trying to down play everything Javale has done in his career especially how his career started.

Guy could have been out of the league and now he is a 3 time champion. I understand he wasn't the main guy at all...not a star or anything like that.

But bench guys do matter and we know bench guys can have an impact every once in a while in a game.

Last edited:
What do we gain by slandering Javale?

He is a soild bench guy that is actually playing a decent amount of minutes this year for the suns.

Yes he didn't play in the finals for us, but once again solid minutes in the regular season and he had great chemistry with Dwight.

I just don't get the point of trying to down play everything Javale has done in his career especially how his career started.

Guy could have been out of the league and now he is a 3 time champion. I understand he wasn't the main guy at all...not a star or anything like that.

But bench guys do matter and we know bench guys can have an impact everyone in a while in a game.

I don't want to buss him down like that. He's a bench guy. Hustles. Dirty work. Nothin wrong with that.

But listenin to dudes tell me "ya gotta have bigs" like Javale and Bobby Portis is pure nonsense.

Then I call that **** out in terms of sooooo important he puts up a series DNP for his 3rd ring and they switch it up to "you don't know basketball" and "stats guy". :lol: (DNP = no stats needed)

Now it's "Kwame couldn't do that". Bull ****. Kwame could absolutely set screens, defend and rebound for 9 minutes a game with Durant/Steph/Klay etc. It's literally what Kwame was actually good at. Offensively is where he struggled. (Catching the ball and what not)
I damn sure know he could DNP 6 games and take pics with the trophy afterwards. Hell, one of us could do that.

So I'm sorry I gotta say things poorly about Javale, but the gotta have bigs bros keep tryna paint him in some light he ain't really in.

Somethin somethin sum black & white, stat guy, we know the game better than you etc etc never said that oh look a big just gotta rebound while I was typin Ronny Turiaf couldn't do that blah blah blah. Oh, and "you're right". :D Can't forget that one.

I don't want to buss him down like that. He's a bench guy. Hustles. Dirty work. Nothin wrong with that.

But listenin to dudes tell me "ya gotta have bigs" like Javale and Bobby Portis is pure nonsense.

Then I call that **** out in terms of sooooo important he puts up a series DNP for his 3rd ring and they switch it up to "you don't know basketball" and "stats guy". :lol: (DNP = no stats needed)

Now it's "Kwame couldn't do that". Bull ****. Kwame could absolutely set screens, defend and rebound for 9 minutes a game with Durant/Steph/Klay etc. It's literally what Kwame was actually good at. Offensively is where he struggled. (Catching the ball and what not)
I damn sure know he could DNP 6 games and take pics with the trophy afterwards. Hell, one of us could do that.

So I'm sorry I gotta say things poorly about Javale, but the gotta have bigs bros keep tryna paint him in some light he ain't really in.

Somethin somethin sum black & white, stat guy, we know the game better than you etc etc never said that oh look a big just gotta rebound while I was typin Ronny Turiaf couldn't do that blah blah blah. Oh, and "you're right". :D Can't forget that one.

I think Portis is different because clearly he has a role with that group.

I mean I get what you are saying..but your approach sometimes can get annoying. You know how you can get sometimes when trying to make these points.

Hell, one of us could do that.
If I knew you were kidding, this would be funny. The fact that I know a small part of you actually does believe it stops this from being funny and instead makes it HILARIOUS.

🤣🤣😂🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣😂🤣

Kwame Brown, Draymond Green, DLF DLF ... no difference in all 3.

-foe

If I knew you were kidding, this would be funny. The fact that I know a small part of you actually does believe it stops this from being funny and instead makes it HILARIOUS.

🤣🤣😂🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣😂🤣

Kwame Brown, Draymond Green, DLF DLF ... no difference in all 3.

-foe

DLF said he got game tho.... 👀

Well, first, multiple guys dropped out, ya know, like Bron, AD, Kyrie, no Chris Paul or Jimmy Butler, etc. Then Love and Beal dropped out as well. Enter.......Javale and Keldon Johnson. :pimp: :lol:

1.png

2.png

3.png

Yes, Javale certainly carried.......Durant, Dame, Tatum, Booker, Bam, LaVine, Dray, Jrue and Middelton to the Gold.

Oh wait, is this where I bring up the fact that he played 4 of the 6 games, for a grand total of 20 minutes? :rofl: :rofl:

4.png

Boy, thank God they had him.

So while you jerkin off about the 2020 Title in which he was a ****in DNP in a 6 game Finals, now you jerkin off over the 20 minutes he played in a 6 game Olympic tournament? I mean, hey, I give you credit, at least he wasn't a DNP for that one too. Thank heavens for that, cuz ya know, that woulda been silly.

But hey, 3 time champ and Olympic Gold. Javale McGee. *thumbs up*
That's a whole lot of stats and "insight" only to prove that a "scrub" like Javale, who started 60% of the time for the Lakers and Suns (85 out of 142 reg season games), is..... ..."that 11th-12th guy 👍 Sooooo crucial." :lol: :rofl:

Your words not mine bro 👍🏽

Anything to fit your statistically based narrative though, all good.

It's hella funny tho how you the only Laker fan on planet earth who thinks Javale is on that 12th-man-Matt Fish-Mike Smrek level lol.
EYE can atTEST to that

Last edited:
Yes, he was 11th on the Lakers in minutes per game.

And 12th on the Suns.

As in 5 other guys played more minutes
Then five whole other guys played more minutes
Then Javale

Starting and playing 8 minutes a half really not as big as you think. He ain't closin games for any of those squads either. GSW, LAL or Phoenix.

Nothin really for you or anyone else to dispute. He played, he cashed his checks, he won and celebrated. Nothin wrong with that. Nothin at all.

But he was not and is not some vital integral piece to any Championship teams. Even as a starter, he had 9-10 other teammates on the floor more than him. Be it small ball (GSW) or other Centers (Dwight/AD)

Why we hating on McGee man. McGee would’ve damn near been the 3rd best player on the squad this year :lol:

Might’ve saved AD’s legs during the regular season. Lakers really miss him. It was a mistake to let him go. If PHX had him last year their chances at beating the Bucks would’ve been higher. Those non-Ayton minutes were brutal last June.

Shoutout to jaVelle man. He was a Shaqtin a Fool regular who could’ve easily washed out the league. Now he’s a multiple time champion with Olympic gold. What a story! Perseverance! I miss that dude. He brought hella good vibes and dances too 😔

We better sign a real ****ing center this off-season. I’m tired of unathletic, ready-to-retire bigs who can’t move their feet.

Honestly all I can do is laugh about the Phil Jackson news. What a piece of **** organization man :lol: just sell the team to the Dodgers or something so we don’t have to worry about the cost/length of coach contracts, luxury tax and not paying premium $$ for our training/coaching staffs.

I know Jeanie not selling so I’ll settle for Ham. He’s a good coach and been grinding for some years now. He deserves the opportunity. We all see what Udoka is doing with the ***** *** Celtics.

Yes, he was 11th on the Lakers in minutes per game.

And 12th on the Suns.

As in 5 other guys played more minutes
Then five whole other guys played more minutes
Then Javale

Starting and playing 8 minutes a half really not as big as you think. He ain't closin games for any of those squads either. GSW, LAL or Phoenix.

Nothin really for you or anyone else to dispute. He played, he cashed his checks, he won and celebrated. Nothin wrong with that. Nothin at all.

But he was not and is not some vital integral piece to any Championship teams. Even as a starter, he had 9-10 other teammates on the floor more than him. Be it small ball (GSW) or other Centers (Dwight/AD)
In other words, Javale McGee = scrub.

Okay you got it, whatever fits your narrative👍🏽

But since you like stats...

Javale = 3 rings, a gold medal, and a very solid reputation among coaches and gm's around the league and is why he is still a major impact role player to this day.

Kwame = ZERO rings, ZERO Olympic teams, and a scrub-like reputation among coaches and is why he was out the league early and failed even in his attempts to be a baller among ballers on YouTube

So you're saying if Kwame and his low basketball IQ, small hands, and terrible footwork would've played Center next to Pau instead of Bynum in the 2009 and 2010 Finals, the Lakers still would've gone back to back?

So you're saying Kwame would've held his own against 2009 Dwight in his prime and 2010 KG or Sheed?
:rofl: :rofl::rofl:

Yeah sure :lol:

Centers might not matter as much in the playoffs but they sure as **** do in the regular season. Somebody needs to eat up minutes down there.

Looney plays big minutes at center all year so Draymond can save his body to play center during the playoffs. Looney barely plays in the playoffs. Brandon Clarke is obviously a better playoff player than Steven Adams but if you start Clarke at center all year he’s not going to last…

Athletic, 2 way wings are the most valuable player in the nba to me but a dominant big is still up there. Those Dominant bigs need backups and we haven’t done a good job of providing AD with that.

So you're saying if Kwame and his low basketball IQ, small hands, and terrible footwork would've played Center next to Pau instead of Bynum in the 2009 and 2010 Finals, the Lakers still would've gone back to back?

Yep.

All he had to do was start games, play 15 minutes and then DNP in the Finals.

Sound familiar? It should. :wink:

Javale = 3 rings, a gold medal, and a very solid reputation among coaches and gm's around the league and is why he is still a major impact role player to this day.

"Major"

9 min a game. Ring.
9 min a game. Ring.
DNP Finals. Ring.
20 min total in 6 games. Gold Medal.

Major impact role player......

Now he's joined the Finals team from last year. He wins a 4th ring with 5 minutes a night...... :lol:

"Major"

9 min a game. Ring.
9 min a game. Ring.
DNP Finals. Ring.
20 min total in 6 games. Gold Medal.

Major impact role player......

Now he's joined the Finals team from last year. He wins a 4th ring with 5 minutes a night...... :lol:
Robert Horry, the scrub role player with 7 rings (2 with the Spurs as their "12th man" lol) averaged a whopping 16.6 minutes a night in his 5 years with the Spurs.

Javale McGee, the scrub role player with 3 rings, has averaged a whopping 16.7 minutes a night in the last 5 seasons while being coveted by every title contender in the league.

Am EYE doing it right, stat guy? :lol:

Robert Horry, the scrub role player with 7 rings (2 with the Spurs as their "12th man" lol) averaged a whopping 16.6 minutes a night in his 5 years with the Spurs.

Javale McGee, the scrub role player with 3 rings, has averaged a whopping 16.7 minutes a night in the last 5 seasons while being coveted by every title contender in the league.

Am EYE doing it right?

I really hope you're joking......

Back
Top Bottom