**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Jovan = Pmatic

🤯🤯🤯

I knew he was an NTer
Reaves, Brown Jr and JTA are imperfect options but I get surrounding Bron/AD with those three.

Reaves - Can handle the ball, best guard defender on the team, just needs to improve on his jumper
Brown Jr - Point forward, can defend, can he make enough threes?
JTA - Active and athletic, can make plays out of short-roll, low volume three point shooter, rebounds

Reactions: DLF
Reaves, Brown Jr and JTA are imperfect options but I get surrounding Bron/AD with those three.

Reaves - Can handle the ball, best guard defender on the team, just needs to improve on his jumper
JTA - Active and athletic, can make plays out of short-roll, low volume three point shooter, rebounds
It’s too early to start thinking about closing lineups when we know it’s not a finished product.

But since we’re here, I’ll say this…Reaves is the only one of these guys who I think has a legit chance to earn a starting position in training camp and preseason. JTA/Brown are behind a lot of guys on the depth chart for a reason they’re just not very good players.

I don’t see a bunch of GOOD switchy defenders on the roster right now. Currently I think best option might be to keep Jones in as center with Reaves and a pick em…Nunn, Walker, Stanley, RW, etc. (maybe in that order)

In every scenario I can think of THT is the odd man out, so he has to be moved for sure

Makes sense.

But you know, they don’t like the names bc they don’t know who they are.

Same people that said Caruso didnt matter

Makes sense, yes, for the regular season.

But is that lineup good enough to beat the best of the best in a 7 game series? What happens if AD goes down, we gonna lean on Bron and Reaves to save the day?

This squad still needs Kyrie to complete the mission imo. Can't beat a Mil or a GSW in a series with Reaves and Brown as your closing guards. That's the bottom line for me.

But is that lineup good enough to beat the best of the best in a 7 game series? What happens if AD goes down, we gonna lean on Bron and Reaves to save the day?

This squad still needs Kyrie to complete the mission imo. Can't beat a Mil or a GSW in a series with Reaves and Brown as your closing guards. That's the bottom line for me.
Nobody said this is a title winning team

With the roster they currently have, this is the closing line up that makes sense on paper. Roster sucks. Everyone knows that.

If we’re talking regular season, you can roll probably roll with your starters to close games.

If we’re talking playoffs, JTA is a zero on offense so he’s not even in the equation imo. Stanley is probably the best perimeter defender off the bench so unless he turns into an absolute brick he gets the nod over Brown. I think some of you guys like the idea of certain players instead of the actual version that you’re going to get on the floor. Yeah it’s a wings league but you can’t just play any old 6’6 guy and get away with it.

Based on the current roster if I wanted to go small I’m going Nunn, Reaves or Walker, Stanley, Bron, AD…. 4 good defenders. AD/Bron/Nunn are consistent scorers, Austin a decent off ball threat and I think Stanley can do just enough slashing cutting and corner threes to make it work. Not really trying to have year 20 Bron be the only guy who can dribble & create consistently against playoff level defenses.

Johan is an idiot with that closing lineup

I would close with:

Kyrie
Harris
Lebron
AD
Embiid
He’s a fine young man that word on the street still uses a typewriter/word processor to crank out these articles for the Athletic.

Please put some respeck on his name.

Nobody said this is a title winning team

With the roster they currently have, this is the closing line up that makes sense on paper. Roster sucks. Everyone knows that.
They have to win the title this year., and next year. No time to waste. Pelinka is on the hot seat.
Screenshot_20220729-231249_Chrome.jpg

Magic is in Jeanie's ear.

Gotta make more moves

All that and fired the coach as the scapegoat.
There can be multiple elements incompetence.

There was multiple levels of incompetence.

There will be coaching vacancies this year, none of which will be filled by Frank.

-foe

P.Beverley
A.Reaves
L.James
H.Barnes
A.Davis

This is a much better closing lineup than the one Lakers currently have.

Bench would be Hield, Walker, Brown, JTA, Bryant, Jones, Johnson, Gabriel, Christie, Swider

Next year: Beverley's and Barnes' contracts expire as well as a few others. Westbrick is off the books as well, giving the Lakers ample cap space to sign Kyrie as an UFA and re-sign Beverley and Barnes on minimums or mid-levels and bring back a championship caliber squad.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom