**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Damnit my hoops night was almost all good:

-Duke lost and is out of the tourney.
-Bruins winning and moving on to the sweet 16.

But Lakers lost and blew this game and against the Lebrons.

Last edited:
DLo looked great tonight playing off the ball instead of his usual usage as a PG.

I think if you put a true PG next to him like Lonzo he can flourish. Really great game from him tonight, no criticism. Well done :smile:

Just for reference. Russell initiated more offense than Clarkson tonight. They played their positions. Russell was the PG, Clarkson was the SG.

With some plays Clarkson running the offense.

Last edited:
Ingram had a GREAT move to the cup, just missed the chippy. Excited to see when he starts finishing those.

I don't like Clarkson running the point at all.
I just meant when Russell was moving without the ball Ray Allen style and catching and shooting, or catching and making quick decisions, I liked it a lot.

Had me like [emoji]129300[/emoji]
If he actually had a conpetent PG next to him unlike Clarkson I think it would be really interesting to see more of those types of plays being ran for him off the ball. I liked those flashes I saw.

Not taking away from when he ran the offense tonight, I just thought he looked solid when he wasn't and got the ball in good spots.

For Russell to be fully successful. He does need some breather where he's not initiating offense.

basically he should be the primary ball handler. But he can get everything out of a game if there's some stretches where the offense is predicated on getting him buckets.

Hypothetically, Lonzo would be great in the open court, but if in the halfcourt they'd have to run it through D'Lo me thinks.

Yea Lonzo isn't that great at P&R mainly because UCLA doesnt run it a lot. But he is amazing at running an offense and open court.

Just have DLo run all P&R and Lonzo do the rest of the ball handling & setting the offense up. Luke's offense is fluid where once you get past the 1st option its pretty positionless.

If we had Lonzo and DLo starting in the backcourt, who would be our starting SF?
nerd.gif
Paul George 

I would really like to see a death lineup in a couple years of

Fultz & Russell backcourt
PG & Ingram forwards
Randle as a small ball 5

I'm Still taking Fultz over Ball

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom