**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

They got 1 first round pick in 29 from a Mavs team that will have Luka in his prime.

Or

A 27 and 29 first from LA when Bron/AD would be long gone.

Let's not "there's nothing Rob could have done" bs. Yes, there was.
Lol

Two starters (both Dinwiddie and DFS would be automatic starters for us tomorrow) and a 2029 pick when kyrie will be gone and possibly Luka has left bc kyrie trade destroyed them.

Vs 47 million dollar buyout candidate and 2 firsts for kyrie AND Harris.

It’s not even close.

****, if the lakers offered Russ and 1 first for spencer and DFS straight up, mavs say no. And if they did that would be an absolute steal

He won't get nearly the same money to leave. Not even close. Cuban will give him every penny of the super max plus extras, guaranteed.
Kind of agree with you

Historically, superstars RARELY switch teams.

Kawhi
Lebron
George
Butler
Russ
Harden
Cp3
AD
KD
kyrie

Players stay with their teams. Nba loyalty is the best part of the league.

Lakers F.O not morgaging the next 10 years of the franchise to keep Bron Happy>>>

i've liked the patience they showed thus far, all this changes if they end up wasting the two first on a platter of role players :smh:

This is kind of how I feel. If you look at the LeBron era in total, we've already basically given up a decades worth of assets

2014- Julius Randle - let him walk for nothing in order to have cap space for two stars in Summer 2019

2015 - D'Angelo Russell - traded in order to clear cap space to sign LeBron

2016 - Brandon Ingram -part of the AD trade

2017 - Lonzo Ball - part of the AD trade

2019 - part of the AD trade

2020 - part of the Dennis Shroeder trade

2021- part of the Russell Westbrook trade

2022- part of the AD trade

2023 - part of the AD trade

2024 or 2025 - part of the AD trade

And now fans want to give up even more assets to improve the team? At a certain point trading away first round picks cannot be your approach to roster building. It has to stop at some point.

Fans ask, "why is our roster so depleted and why don't we have any good young players?" It's because we've traded away a decades worth of assets and now we are reaping what we've sown.

Last edited:

1675636775718.gif

Clearly tons of people disagree on this Kyrie deal.

Friendly thread reminder TO EVERYONE before things get nastee...
We just won't agree. And that's fine.

Not saying it has to get nasty...

Matter of fact ok
Bro I wasn't directing that at you at all. I'm glad you posted it and I was literally posting it as a reminder to everyone. It wasn't some passive aggressive shot at you just because I just quoted you quoting me saying Bron/AD for Kyrie. 😂 Uf I took issue with you, I would PM you. You're one of the few that's cool like that.

It was a short, necessary reminder to all. 🤙

So you rather Bron be unhappy which means losing than winning?

I would rather the GM and owner think about what's in the best interest of the long-term prospects of the franchise. Of course I want LeBron to be happy but if what makes LeBron happy isn't what's best for the team, then I don't really care if LeBron's happy or not.

Back
Top Bottom