**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Utah trade for 1 pick or Raptors trade for both picks?

Jazz Trade for 1 Assuming it's Conley, Beasley & Vanderbilt (Emphasis on him). That TOR deal leaves us having to probably overpay two guys who are both undersized & are each gonna command 20+ million a season. I'm good.

With the Jazz deal, it matches up with the Lakers two year plan, & we get shooting, playmaking & most importantly a really good defender & guy who does the little things in Vanderbilt.

Two first for Utah would be asinine tho

FVV is small, but tough as nails. Gotta worry about an athletic slippage and he's never been good at twos, but he's a very good shooter (bad shooting this season though). Trent Jr is 6'6 and can shoot the hell outta the ball. He puts a pretty good effort on defense. Doesn't really fill up the stat sheet otherwise.

No ******* way lol. Kyrie ain’t coming here in the summer for 33 million.

They’re lying if they say the reason for not making a trade rn is to go after Kyrie in the summer. Real reason is that it’s an excuse to avoid the repeater tax and they’re punting this season.

So…sign kyrie for 1 year 33 mil. Then again the year after for 1 year lol.

You don’t get bird rights for 1 year deal

Ship has sailed.

Nah, I believe the pursuit of Kyrie Irving is over but I agree with fat boy Brian when it comes to trading the picks. Even if we were to make the Toronto or Utah trades, how much better are we? Even in the best case scenario with Gary Trent Jr and FVV We would be looking at a first round exit against a higher seeded.

Cool, You traded first round picks at the end of this decade (well after LeBron and AD are off the roster) in order to go from the 13th seed to the seven seed. Great! 🤣

I'm not comfortable trading unprotected pics at the end of this decade just to be mildly competitive. At that stage, I would rather just ride it out and going to offseason.

Last edited:
Wouldn't doubt if its a player that hasn't been mentioned. Rui wasn't expected, So I think Rob has something up his sleeve

Save those picks if it’s crap

Why? Not bc I want to draft someone with them

But when the next big player asks out, we can have at least 3 firsts and 2 swaps to give them

Prob is the contracts though. You need about 2-3 10-17 mill dollar players to add on a la Dallas did. So yes I would actually trade Russ and seconds for Fournier type deal to add salary.

reaves back that's about 10 pts he dont need to put up
and lu dort hurt
so bron bout to have a smooth 26 and set up thursday as the big day

Breaking the record against the only other team Kareem played for is some what poetic (I guess)

FVV & GTJ are not undersized nor overpaid for their position. They're also better two way (overall) players than anyone in the Jazz deal too.
they will be if we end up keeping them
FVV is the better defensive player and thats not saying much

id only send 1 pick to TO and thats it,
if they want 2, tell them to kick rocks, they know we're desperate.

eff no to danny ainge and the jazz deal

If I’m the Lakers, I try my hardest to give up as little as possible while getting as most as possible.

Y’all underrating GTjr. He’d be better than any free agent we could get this summer. After signing Rui and Russ, we wouldn’t have space to get anybody except like Danny Green.

If they don’t trade Russ I bet they re-sign him. Lowkey need for them to make a trade just a knit doesn’t come to that.

Windhorst is on ESPN 710 saying the we have moves that can be made but most of them involve taking salary back past this year which we don't want to do because they could use that cap space to sign Kyrie while holding on to the FRP's. Plus this years pick could be moved at the draft once its determined if we keep our pick or swap with the Pelicans.

Breaking the record against the only other team Kareem played for is some what poetic (I guess)
the promo already mapped out brother

think windhorst just speaking out his ***
kyrie was adamant about taking max money and from what i understand max we would be able to give him is like 25m

utah deal addresses a good amount of our needs (wing depth, shooting(ish)). does conley's contract go over?

it overall might be better than toronto deal unless tor they're able to get a wing from them even tho i think the shooting upside of fvv/trent is better. but they're small

people have floated spurs (richardson, poetl, mcdourmet) but Pop hates the lakers

Team stand pat and the players and coach just need to be better and play smarter at the end of these close games. Better execution, decision making and free throws and our record is flipped at worst right now.

Yes, the margin of error will remain small, but no proposed deal is significantly increasing that anyway so no need to shoot our remaining bullets on nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom