**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

^^ i can see the argument in that stance
ideally though i hope we get rod of 2 of the 4 small guards we have :lol:
just so Ham CAN'T play no russ dennis bev lonnie ad lineups :rofl:

So......if LA is smart.......tonight COULD BE Russ's last game as a Laker. :nerd:

Trade deadline Thursday, he wouldn't play vs the Bucks...... tonight could be it.

If they keep him, then they just gave away any chance of making the playoffs while Lebron still out here averaging 30 a night. :smh:

Chances of trade is about 1% in my opinion

Thus, chances of me watching a single play after Thursday: 0.5%

So......if LA is smart.......tonight COULD BE Russ's last game as a Laker. :nerd:

Trade deadline Thursday, he wouldn't play vs the Bucks...... tonight could be it.

If they keep him, then they just gave away any chance of making the playoffs while Lebron still out here averaging 30 a night. :smh:

They're a game in the loss column outta the play in tourney right now. Win some damn games, period.

The crazy part is if this team just wasn't so stupid sometimes...

We would 100% be at least 5 games over .500.

These guys seem to be able to hang with anyone but something just always seems to happen and we screw it up or get screwed.

Whatever big trade the Lakers make with Westbrook will not make a big enough difference.

Getting someone like GTJ for scraps (Bev & Lonnie) is the right move for several reasons

You get a reliable shooter
You clear up room for Reeves
You save Ham from himself with his stupid guard lineups (I hope at least)

Make this trade and take your chances in the off-season

Honestly though....do you think just trading him is all of the sudden gonna change us playing like idiots sometimes?

I dunno it seems like offloading him just because doesn't make sense.

Honestly though....do you think just trading him is all of the sudden gonna change us playing like idiots sometimes?

Who's gonna shoot air ball 3's with 18 on the shot clock?

Who's gonna sprint down court and pass the ball into the 4th row?

Who's gonna randomly leave his man for no reason giving up a dunk?

Who's gonna hit the shot clock on an 8 foot jump shot?

Who would defenses sag off of by 10 feet when he's behind the 3 point line......with the ball?

Who would be unplayable in 4th quarters?

I dunno it seems like offloading him just because doesn't make sense.

It's not. They don't want him closing games, fine. We've lost every game he hasn't been. They just don't play smart collectively at the end of all these close contests. The missed free throws, blown assignments, he's deservedly took more than his share of blame for the shortcomings on the squad this year, but they just have to be better plain and simple.

Brick has his positives, but is a bottom three high usage player in the league. The team would re-distribute his bad possessions to better, more efficient players.

I don't even think we can say he got positives when it's so many dead possessions with him. His only "positive" is pace and that shoots us in the foot because it leads to turnovers and his bad shots.

There is a middle ground between what C CP1708 is saying and what MVP MVP is saying....

I wouldn't mind moving off Russ but it really has to make sense. I don't think automatically removing him from the team is the cure all.

Russ definitely has a net negative on the squad

I think the team can drastically clean up turn overs and gain more possessions without Russ

We might miss some of his hustle plays, but we also have a bunch of hustle guys to fill in.

Yes team gets instantly better without Russ.

I don't even think we can say he got positives when it's so many dead possessions with him. His only "positive" is pace and that shoots us in the foot because it leads to turnovers and his bad shots.
Brick is an idiot, but his rebounding, ability to push pace and size up on big guards/wings has helped this season. Ham just lets him do too much dumb ****.

Brick is an idiot, but his rebounding, ability to push pace and size up on big guards/wings has helped this season. Ham just lets him do too much dumb ****.

Removing him might ALSO help with the Bron/AD splits.

Ham "trusts" Russ to handle the floor with both Bron/AD out. Can't do that anymore if Russ is gone. Maybe then he spaces Bron/AD out better.

Save those picks if it’s crap

Why? Not bc I want to draft someone with them

But when the next big player asks out, we can have at least 3 firsts and 2 swaps to give them

Prob is the contracts though. You need about 2-3 10-17 mill dollar players to add on a la Dallas did. So yes I would actually trade Russ and seconds for Fournier type deal to add salary.

Interesting.

2023 1st
2024 or 2025 1st
2026 1st
2027 1st
2028 1st
2029 1st
2030 1st

KD or another star this summer/next year for the 23/27/29 and swaps?

But, who are you trading Russ to, in order to get those contracts? All without attaching a 1st. AND that are even tradeable come this summer?

Rozier and Hayward's expiring? A resigned Rui? Fournier/Reddish and?

I don't think that route works anymore, especially with aging Bron. Can you afford to wait another year?

If KD were to come out and request a trade today tho..........

Outside of Vanderbilt, it's really worrying me that no other big players are being mentioned. This team biggest issue IMO is rebounding & interior defense. Team is constantly getting bullied & pushed out of position. If AD is the only guy out there capable of helping on that front the team isn't going anywhere come playoff time.

That's why the FVV/GTJ moves scares me so much.... It's basically trying to turn this team into a super fast paced, we're gonna outscore you at all cost team & i don't think that utilizes Bron or AD to their best ability.

Also these are both guys who are in contract years, Playing with Lebron & AD isn't exactly the best scenario to showcase your full arsenal for other teams.

larry-david-confused.gif

I mean I guess. The negatives just wash away the couple positives.

Back
Top Bottom