**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Is this cuz you know DLo out of here?

Partially.

But as I said earlier. If you brought in a PG equal or better. Brogdan, Sexton…. Okay we’re talking.

DLo, Rui, Vando, Gabe all on reasonable deals for Klay on an unreasonable deal, Cam Johnson on an unreasonable deal, Jerami Grant on an unreasonable deal. Getting older for guys who cost more and in same cases are not better or in one case washed in another case way overpaid isn’t what smart teams or winning teams do.

They must have some assurances from players. If we get DDR and Brook, it’s a successful off season

Ages 34 and 36……the Laker way

If we get Brook, just keep him on ice until we inevitably face the Nuggets.

Hopefully, Casleton been in the gym. He can play.

Bron paycut + trying to unload a couple of the minimums should get DeRozan.

Rui + JHS or Wood for Brook (whichever they prefer).

See this makes sense. You replace a guy with a reasonable deal. And you trade things that don’t help for winning.

Walker Kessler another possibility now that Utah got Eubanks

I don’t know if he’s truly available.

I think Ainge saw what Bridges went for and thought he could get 3 firsts for him.

Because Ainge is a troll.

Or he was available, when they were trying to sneak in through the window for Paul George.

Kessler didn't progress as much as the Jazz wanted, but I think it be dumb for the Jazz to give him up unless they got overpaid for him.

S and T for Klay
FMLE for Derozan
Minimum for Brook

Brook would be a trade.

Still wouldn't want to trade much, only bench guys out. None of last year's starters (Vando was supposed to start).

Gabe & JHS for Klay
Bron paycut, Cam & Hayes out
Rui & 1st for Brook (Gets them more space to stay under the TPMLE)

One thing is clear:

When it comes to roster construction Rob Pelinka lacks creative vision

He’s a star f’er

I mean there’s been some names brought up that made sense. But coming out of last season, it was about we need athletes and 2 way guys and all we’ve been liked to is guys who used to be 2 way guys 4 years ago.

All this speculation is fun but bet the lakers field an opening day roster that is 99% similar to what they have now.

Lakers usually conduct trades that people don’t expect, when you see them reported and discussed, I feel like that means it’s not going to happen.

He’s a star f’er

I mean there’s been some names brought up that made sense. But coming out of last season, it was about we need athletes and 2 way guys and all we’ve been liked to is guys who used to be 2 way guys 4 years ago.
It’s okay to sign guys who “used to be 2-way guys four years ago” such as when he signed past their primes 2-way’ers Avery Bradley, Danny Green, Rajon Rondo BUT……

What Pelinka isn’t smart enough to realize is that Rondo, Bradley, and Green THRIVED IN 2019-2020 because they had BACK UP in the paint defensively with AD, Dwight, Javale, and at times even Kieff Morris who was no slouch defensively.

This current Lakers team is nowhere near this. They are SUPER SOFT inside the paint and if your team is SUPER SOFT inside the paint, I don’t care how many wing defenders you have past their prime or not, you ain’t winning xxxx.

Pelinka is a damn fool and he has A LOT TO PROVE if you ask me

I don't recall you ONLY criticizing the franchise, saying nothing else, and getting torched for saying ONLY that.

I said we used to be a serious franchise. And spent the next couple days getting dragged thru the internet mud.

Notice the tweet Tupac posted about the Celtics sale and the guy saying the Lakers should follow suit? I asked for that several weeks ago.

Jeanie needs to just sell the team. Love what her family has done, but she doesn't have the pockets to compete with some of these guys.

Our entire hope right now is based on Bron saving her money to make things work roster wise. Bron was calling Klay at 3 PM, not our GM. :lol:

Jeanie, Rob, Rambii, nice folks, we need Wolves.

Back
Top Bottom