**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

USATSI_18042540_168386351_lowres-e1674005117615.jpg

FmsyYW7acAE0s6s.jpg

Now folks feeling sorry for Russ :lol:

Like clockwork. When somebody is in Lakers jersey they're everything except a child of God then when they get traded all of sudden people wanna give 'em flowers and chocolate.

Haynes saying TB wanted to play along side AD or have more minutes off the bench.

I really do wonder why we never saw TB and AD together on the court... Hamm not doing himself justice.

Maybe if a guy took accountability and didn't act like a spoiled child, there wouldn't be stories coming out about him....

Or just be a professional organization and let him leave. Nobody benefits from that type of stuff and it can only hurt your reputation as an organization by leaking that type of gossip. He's garnered more sympathy as a result of this so what was the reason?

Or just be a professional organization and let him leave. Nobody benefits from that type of stuff and it can only hurt your reputation as an organization by leaking that type of gossip. He's garnered more sympathy as a result of this so what was the reason?

Not really. Lakers still going to always be a destination.

I know Russ is your guy but come on now.

Sympathy? Maybe but everyone is going to move on from this. Won't have any effect on the organization going forward.

They did the same thing to D'Lo and he took the high road. 🤷‍♂️

Haven't watched him much & by all accounts he's never been better than average, BUT he's giving up 47% as the closest defender, compared to the 56% that Bryant was giving up. By sheer size & wingspan Bamba is a MUCH better interior defender given that Bryant was literally one of the worst in the league.

6Ft & closer to the basket Thomas was giving up 70% FG percentage to opponents, Bamba gives up 60%. In comparison here are the numbers of elite rim protectors

Gobert- 56%
Allen - 54%
Mobley - 58%
Lopez - 53%
Adams - 52%
Zubac - 56%
Embiid- 62%
Turner - 58%

So Bamba is essentially middle of the pack in rim protection, but we're upgrading from worst in the league.
Great stats to provide insight as to why there was never that much confidence in TB. The Bamba trade helps solidify that interior D.

Additionally the eye test will show this

And this

Rob pulled off the STEAL of the deadline and he saved the best trade for last. IMO

Guaranteed we will see a happy and rejuvenated AD from here on out

You're just mad that your boy Westbrook is getting called out. 🤣

Stories like this come out about every organization, it's nothing new. Now you've got time to peruse the NBA store for a Westbrook Chicago Bulls Jersey

You're just mad that your boy Westbrook is getting called out. 🤣

Stories like this come out about every organization, it's nothing new. Now you've got time to peruse the NBA store for a Westbrook Chicago Bulls Jersey

Facts. I seem to remember nobody had a problem with the Lakers disrespecting Dlo on his way out but now that it’s Russell Westbrook it’s a problem.

Miss me with that ********. One of the happiest days of my Laker fandom watching this cancer leave.

Pick your top top nine players to be a rotation.

Edit:

Top 9:
AD
Bron
Rui
Beasley
D'Lo

Vando
Troy Brown Jr
Reaves
Schroder

Apologies to Lonnie, Bamba and Wenyen.
DRussell
Beasley
Bron
AD
Bamba

Schroder, Reaves, Rui, Vanderbilt

Apologies to Lonnie, Wenyen, and Brown

Russ is gone.

I don’t care about him anymore, nor am I interested in reading/hearing about the behind the scenes drama gossip either.

Rather focus my attention on actual guys on the roster who are currently playing for the squad.

The only reason I even partially care is because I don’t think it’s a good look for the Lakers… like, I’m sure we all know who the anonymous source from the coaching staff is BUT if I’m a player on the roster I might look at dude a little funny front here on out.

It wasn’t cool to me when Magic did it to D Lo and Dennis on their way out either.

We have been hearing negative stuff about players for years...

Now all of the sudden it's an issue and it's gonna effect the organization?

tenor - 2020-06-09T154249.332.gif

We have been hearing negative stuff about players for years...

Now all of the sudden it's an issue and it's gonna effect the organization?

tenor - 2020-06-09T154249.332.gif
It’s never been a cool thing to do me, not an exclusive thing to Westbrook… I’ve spoken about it back in other situations as well.

But I’m also not a guy to sit here and harp over any laker who’s not on the squad either.

Back
Top Bottom