**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Firmly believe AD is one of those guys who peaked physically in their early twenties and has been declining since about 27. He doesn't even look like the same person as he does in these videos from his time in New Orleans. Look how fluid his movement was, look how explosive he was back then. It's crazy that he's barely 30 and already looks broken

:lol: :lol: this was quite literally over two months ago, but **** it i hope he gets traded for Picks & some role players.... then we could spend the next few years clearing cap for a player who's at their best is probably AD "coasting"

Zach Lowe:
la.PNG
We will have $30 mill in cap regardless or only if we part with Rui?

:lol: :lol: this was quite literally over two months ago, but **** it i hope he gets traded for Picks & some role players.... then we could spend the next few years clearing cap for a player who's at their best is probably AD "coasting"

This is the most revealing quote that Anthony Davis has ever given and it shows that he doesn't have 🐕‍🦺 in him. After winning the championship in 2020, he basically said that I have nothing else to prove. Could you imagine any other superstar saying that? Shouldn't you want to Play at an even higher level in order to win More championships? Instead he's coasted since then

If they renounce D'Lo, turn down Beasley and Bamba's options, deal away Vando for nothing it would be like $18M keeping Rui's cap hold. If they renounce Rui too, it would be like ~$30-32M, I think.

I didn't think I'd get here...but maybe it really is time to give up on AD....

I had been defending him for a while...but everything yall have been talking about recently....maybe it is time.....damn.

Any time he gets a consistent time to play (or half the team isn't out with Injuries) he rounds back into this form. It was happening again against the suns in the Playoffs as well & then another injury.

Fact of the matter is that even at his average AD is still a top 15 guy, when he's locked in & injury free he's top 5 & that is the reason he hasn't been traded yet. You aren't getting that value back.

Don’t necessarily HAVE to part with hin

We have to RENOUNCE him so we can then ONLY sign him after we have signed kyrie for 33 mill BUT only for the MLE at most.

Rui would have to have a terrible season for us to renounce and lose him or renounce and sign for MLE outright bc that’s his max value.

Any time he gets a consistent time to play (or half the team isn't out with Injuries) he rounds back into this form. It was happening again against the suns in the Playoffs as well & then another injury.

Fact of the matter is that even at his average AD is still a top 15 guy, when he's locked in & injury free he's top 5 & that is the reason he hasn't been traded yet. You aren't getting that value back.

What good is the bolded if it only happens 50% of the time

Rui would have to have a terrible season for us to renounce and lose him or renounce and sign for MLE outright bc that’s his max value.
He should really only go for the NTMLE (~$11M), but I'm afraid he'll ask for like $13-14M to start. Tbh, I'm not liking his fit but I see the talent on his pull ups and post ups.

This is the most revealing quote that Anthony Davis has ever given and it shows that he doesn't have 🐕‍🦺 in him. After winning the championship in 2020, he basically said that I have nothing else to prove. Could you imagine any other superstar saying that? Shouldn't you want to Play at an even higher level in order to win More championships? Instead he's coasted since then

Do i have to bring up the COUNTLESS times Lebron had said things throughout his career that made people question the "dog" in him?? Only thing that has consistently stopped AD from being dominate is injuries.

People built a narrative on AD throughout the years & people refuse to let it go no matter what is happening. I vividly remember "fans" early on last year saying AD was soft & was settling for jumpers to much... during that period he was quite literally leading the league in dunks & getting to the line at a higher rate than Giannis :lol:. but because he isn't hammering his way into three defenders every possession he's soft

He should really only go for the NTMLE (~$11M), but I'm afraid he'll ask for like $13-14M to start. Tbh, I'm not liking his fit but I see the talent on his pull ups and post ups.

Same. Only been a few games but he's kinda a black hole.

What good is the bolded if it only happens 50% of the time

Exactly. We usually only get 25-30 games of healthy, engaged Anthony Davis every year. The rest of the year he is either hobbled by injury, missing games due to injury or recovering from injury. Then you have those games when he is healthy but he's just being passive.

Same. Only been a few games but he's kinda a black hole.
We had too many guards to start the season, now we got too many 6'8-9 dudes that warrant playing time. :lol:

Bron will get his 35 mpg, then it's Wenyen, Vando and Rui to have the leftover minutes at 3/4 with Troy Brown Jr.

AD at his worst is 24/11/ on 50% from the field & a defensive anchor... Good luck trying to find another talent like that trading him away.

Fanbase spent two years complaining about Westbrook every single day, finally get him outta here & now Anthony Davis is a failure pickup & should be traded :lol:.

AD at his worst is 24/11/ on 50% from the field & a defensive anchor... Good luck trying to find another talent like that trading him away.

Fanbase spent two years complaining about Westbrook every single day, finally get him outta here & now Anthony Davis is a failure pickup & should be traded :lol:.

36 outta 72
40 outta 82
32 outta 56

The amount of games he's played the last 3 seasons.

He has the talent, nobody is disputing that, but he's supposed to be THE franchise player and is simply unreliable due to his body and his mind (which is more damning).

Thing is...

The best ability is availability.

Like it's no knock on him, it's not a detriment to his character, but denying what is? Can't be me.

36 outta 72
40 outta 82
32 outta 56

The amount of games he's played the last 3 seasons.

He has the talent, nobody is disputing that, but he's supposed to be THE franchise player and is simply unreliable due to his body and his mind (which is more damning).

the Ceiling with AD healthy>>>>>> Scenario where we trade him & don't get anything remotely close to his level of play. If the goal is to win a championship then AD & Bron are glued together for the next two years, then the FO may blow it all up. But Bron is not good enough to win without another legit Superstar performer next to him at this point, We are not getting anything close to that level of player given AD's injury history. So their best bet is banking on AD staying healthy for the playoff run & rolling the dice.

Both players healthy in a playoff series and i'm confident against most squads. There is no realistic package for AD that brings back those kind of results, so the opposite is get some picks for em, capout at a second round squad, squander the rest of Lebron, & pray we could get a player through FA (who probably isn't going to be better than what AD is, even at non peak form)

I see some of our own fans call the Clippers contenders when they have Kawhi & PG who both missed as much time if not more than AD, The suns are getting hyped and they have two guys over 35 with extensive injury issues, they've continued to build around Jimmy & Bam down in Miami despite both of them missing prolonged time each season.

Point being when you have a pairing as good as Bron/AD the prospect of that >>>>>> blowing it up for inferior pieces.

Back
Top Bottom