**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

the Ceiling with AD healthy>>>>>> Scenario where we trade him & don't get anything remotely close to his level of play. If the goal is to win a championship then AD & Bron are glued together for the next two years, then the FO may blow it all up. But Bron is not good enough to win without another legit Superstar performer next to him at this point, We are not getting anything close to that level of player given AD's injury history. So their best bet is banking on AD staying healthy for the playoff run & rolling the dice.

Both players healthy in a playoff series and i'm confident against most squads. There is no realistic package for AD that brings back those kind of results, so the opposite is get some picks for em, capout at a second round squad, squander the rest of Lebron, & pray we could get a player through FA (who probably isn't going to be better than what AD is, even at non peak form)

So bank on something that has literally never happened outside of the season where there was a 3 month break due to the pandemic...seems logical.

We look at the averages and gush, but what are his averages when he doesn't play? Because that hovers around 50% of his games.

20/10 guaranteed for 10 of 20 games is GREAT; 0/0 for the other 10 is a huge problem.

Playoffs? 20/10 for the first 2 games in a series is amazing. 0/0 for the rest of the series and we're out.

So bank on something that has literally never happened outside of the season where there was a 3 month break due to the pandemic...seems logical.

Trading him for lottery picks, Letting Lebron Walk & hope that someone decides to sign here down the line.... We saw how well that worked out for a decade.

Trading him for lottery picks, Letting Lebron Walk & hope that someone decides to sign here down the line.... We saw how that worked out for a decade.

His talent will warrant an all star caliber player and maybe a couple picks in return at this point. His injury history will be why it won't be more. The market is inflated as we've seen with these trades lately.

'What now then?' is the NEXT phase of the conversation, but we would absolutely get more than lottery picks.

A middle tier All Star & Future draft Picks is exactly what we would get, Think about KD's Package but less..... That leaves us with a bunch of draft picks that will be used on young players who need to grow, but they won't get that chance because this miserable *** fanbase will call them busts/trash until the FO is forced to trade them.

A middle tier All Star & Future draft Picks is exactly what we would get, Think about KD's Package but less..... That leaves us with a bunch of draft picks that will be used on young players who need to grow, but they won't get that chance because this miserable *** fanbase will call them busts/trash until the FO is forced to trade them.
Who cares what the fans think? We're morons (yes, even you, C CP1708 ).

A middle tier AS who hardly ever misses games sounds GREAT to me.

I'd do that YESTERDAY.

Anthony. Misses. A LOTTTT. Of games.

It is what it is. Like, he HAS to be viewed in that lens.

Who cares what the fans think? We're morons (yes, even you, C CP1708 ).

A middle tier AS who hardly ever misses games sounds GREAT to me.

I'd do that YESTERDAY.

Anthony. Misses. A LOTTTT. Of games.

It is what it is. Like, he HAS to be viewed in that lens.

Okay so they don't miss games & at best we have a ceiling of the Second Round?? does that really sound much more prosperous because that's exactly was a mid tier AS gets you next to Lebron at this stage. A Miles Bridges, Ayton, Randle, Middleton etc etc type player.

I just don't see how that does anything for us if the ultimate goal here is to win championships. Holding on hope of Lebron & AD staying healthy for a playoff run>>>> holding out hope that the 18 year old we draft turns into a superstar 5 years from now & that we could sign the modern day versions of the Luol Dengs, Lamarcus Aldride, Paul George's of the world

Hope for the best but all it takes is 1 team to really really want a player (see Gobert trade)

If you can get a Mikal Bridges/Cam Johnson/3 picks type deal for AD, you do it for sure if you get kyrie too

Firmly believe AD is one of those guys who peaked physically in their early twenties and has been declining since about 27. He doesn't even look like the same person as he does in these videos from his time in New Orleans. Look how fluid his movement was, look how explosive he was back then. It's crazy that he's barely 30 and already looks broken

He still plays exactly like this :lol:. This wasn't even some hyper athletic clips anyway

i feel like having mo bamba should help
ad wont be forced to play heavy minutes at the 5 which i think will help with his sustainability
at least i hope :lol:

season starts saturday

:lol: look at you.

i'm just saying this is by far the most over reactionary fanbase in the NBA :lol:, outside of Lebron & Kobe (AFTER he won another 2 championships on top of a three peat) nobody is safe from this fanbase trying to get rid of them.

Every last lottery pick we had was called a failure/not good enough & forced outta town
Every coach since Phil Jackson has been called trash & people wanted them gone ASAP
Dozens of role players get bashed here their entire tenure, the FO gets rid of them only to then be called idiots by the same fanbase who were quite literally threatening those same players a few months ago.

You have to legit be a pantheon/ All time great to get any sort of compassion or understanding on this team, and sometimes it goes extremely overboard.

Back
Top Bottom