**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

People can say what they want about Ham, but starting the season like that in the L.A media while having Lebron & AD on your roster AND an ill fitting Russ situation, and still being able to keep the lockeroom under control & believing is admirable. a big part of coaching is getting through adversity and keeping things together when things aren't working.

Ham did that extremely well especially for a rookie head coach

Can't wait until memphis fans start bringing up that Lakers FT discrepancy chart & acting as if that's the reason JJJ is in foul trouble :lol:. They get him out of the game & L.A should be able to dominate. Only thing with the Grizzlies is that they can get hot from three & this team consistently gives up wide open threes :smh:

Benefit tho is that as athletic & quick as Ja is, he's small and isn't an excellent Shooter, so a combo of Vando/Dennis/Reaves compacted with AD/Bron at the rim should hold him in check

I love that teams/fans Jedi mind trick themselves into crying about the refs against the lakers.

Like this **** is hella funny. A respected Timberwolves reporter implying the refs were cheating the lakers. NEVERMIND that the Wolves didn’t run an offense for the final 12 minutes of the game. NEVERMIND that they just dribbled the ball for 20 seconds around the 3 point line before throwing up some bs. NEVERMIND that the lakers started switching everything and shut the wolves water off. They were complaining about the lakers being in the bonus early in the 4th like Minnesota wasn’t in the bonus 3 minutes into the 3rd quarter.

Please keep crying about the refs. Anything to not actually analyze a game. I love it.

That Ja stat is definitely concerning, But the majority of those games came When Russ/Monk/Bradley was on the floor. He did light us up this season with Dennis/Vando tho, We had No Lebron/D'Lo tho.

On another note Rui went from getting DNP a few weeks ago to closing out pivotal games & constantly getting praise from Bron postgame, Think he's gonna be huge for us come playoff time. Because as much of a difference maker Vando is, on top of not shooting well. Dudes ability to catch on offense is horrible

Last edited:
We've been hot garbage the last 3 games and still won. Concerning and optimistic at the same time.

This is a big concern for me as well. We played two tanking teams and a depleted Timberwolves team and have had to struggle to beat them. We've learned some bad habits over the last week. We need to get our act together because a rested grizzlies team will run us out of the building.

Our guards need to take it to another level or else Ja will drop 40 in every game. If Russell wants to get paid like a top tier guard then he needs to show up like a top tier guard If Russell wants to get paid like a top tier guard then he needs to show up like a top tier guard

This is a big concern for me as well. We played two tanking teams and a depleted Timberwolves team and have had to struggle to beat them. We've learned some bad habits over the last week. We need to get our act together because a rested grizzlies team will run us out of the building.

Our guards need to take it to another level or else Ja will drop 40 in every game. If Russell wants to get paid like a top tier guard then he needs to show up like a top tier guard If Russell wants to get paid like a top tier guard then he needs to show up like a top tier guard
I wanna shoot them some bail and say they're tired. They played what 6 games in 10 days?

Also, I'm cool on Ja getting his. I'd rather he have to carry them. We just don't need players like Dillon Brooks hittin us for 25.

When locked in, this defense is great.

I’m curious what did you want Ham to do last night?
I thought Rui did a great job on KAT. I thought ham called a great game defensively in the 2nd half.

AD should be in the game when KAT is in. There was a long spell with AD on the bench and MIN’s lead ballooned. Long spell with Dlo on the bench, he never got a rhythm. AD was on the bench so long he got cold and out of rhythm the first few plays he came back in

AD setting screens at the three point line when Kyle Anderson was guarading him and KAT on the bench, this happened 3 straight possessions . What is the play call there?

Ham’s timeout management was bad. his challenge was bad, why challenge a play that will end in a jump ball if you win the challenge? Save that challenge

Ok. Trade AD

AD YOU IDIOT

im done with AD yall lol

tristan looking around pretending to be listening 🤣

Kw4sH.gif
Finally had a chance to catch up on the thread...
Y’all funny :lol:

Big win last night. Let’s get it this Sunday fellas :evil:

In the playoffs I only care mostly about making timely 3’s…like the one Dennis hit.

Otherwise keep pushing pressure on the rim, get to the FT and knock them down.

D Lo will have opportunities to redeem himself, too much money on the line for him not to lol

Yea people keep bringing up his playoff performances in Minny & BK, and while that definitely should be taken into consideration, i think the role he plays on this team compared to what he was expected to do in his last situation is night & day. We just won a critical game where he sat for nearly the entire second half, We don't NEED him to control the offense or have to try and be a dominant scorer. He just has to play off Bron/AD and hopefully really pick up his shooting.

For this team to make any serious noise, D'Lo HAS to be a factor. They're not beating Memphis if he's replicating his past postseason performances.

For this team to make any serious noise, D'Lo HAS to be a factor. They're not beating Memphis if he's replicating his past postseason performances.

Absolutely not, But in BK he was counted on to be THE GUY for them against the Sixers he's clearly not qualified for that, In Minny last year it was a lot more similar to his role here, But there's a big gap in the attention Edwards & Kat demand vs Bron & AD.

He damn sure can't be shooting 33% from the floor & we expect to win, but i think the path for him to be much improved is there just off expectation alone.

This playoff run, however long it lasts will be heavily relied upon Ham and if he can put the right pieces at play at the right time.

Like I said before. Let’s see what Ham has as a first year head coach. So far he is off to a great start.
He is much like Vogel now… if something isn’t working he has no problem changing strategies or players IN GAME. DLo didn’t play much that 2nd half. But Ham put him in as a decoy with short corner DS 3 pointer.
Changed the defense to switch everything & CUT THEY WATER AWF.

Have to give credit to Ham. Let’s see if he can keep growing as a head coach on the fly in the playoffs.

Re: D’lo. He doesn’t need to be incredible.
But for the love of god he can’t be scared like he was last night. Guy literally was shooting like Russ Westbrook did. Off the side of the backboard type stuff

Back
Top Bottom