**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Vando not being the I’m everywhere on the floor energy is a huge downside too.

The first handful of games with the Lakers were absolutely magic because it felt like he was everywhere. And out working everybody.

Now it’s, he’s giving us good defense, but it’s not really noticeable energy wise. And because there’s no real way to get him offensive output it takes away from what he is doing.

Last edited:
On the possibility of Kyrie.

Salaries for next year….
LeBron $50mil
AD $40.6mil
Vando $4.7mil
Christie $1.7mil

Total $97mil

In order to get Kyrie, keep AR and Rui. And fill the team with 5 more players, they would need to do it for less than $70mil. S&T teams are hard capped.

Kyrie’s next deal can start at $43mil.

They could decide to let Rui walk to ensure they stay under the tax apron but the team would be
Kyrie/AR/Bron/Vando/AD
Christie/ Smaller Mid Level and Vet Mins

On the possibility of Kyrie.

Salaries for next year….
LeBron $50mil
AD $40.6mil
Vando $4.7mil
Christie $1.7mil

Total $97mil

In order to get Kyrie, keep AR and Rui. And fill the team with 5 more players, they would need to do it for less than $70mil. S&T teams are hard capped.

Kyrie’s next deal can start at $43mil.

They could decide to let Rui walk to ensure they stay under the tax apron but the team would be
Kyrie/AR/Bron/Vando/AD
Christie/ Smaller Mid Level and Vet Mins
If this team fizzles out this series this is exactly what they will do and should do.

I mean you get kyrie and keep Vando and AR.

So basically only lose Rui?

Lol sign me up

Yeah Brooks is just trying to bait Lebron and stay away from the Lakers game plan. Lakers in 6. Silver wants the playoffs to stretch out the games so they get more revenue.

If this team fizzles out this series this is exactly what they will do and should do.

I mean you get kyrie and keep Vando and AR.

So basically only lose Rui?

Lol sign me up

Potentially could keep them.

That’s if the Mavs are okay with DLo/Beasley and 2 firsts for Kyrie. My guess……….. They probably would not be okay with that.

The difference of that path and staying the course is being able to retain everybody
DLo, AR, Rui. Keeping both firsts.
Keeping the options on Beasley and Bamba
Then also having the ability to be flexible with the team by making trades.

The Kyrie team is swapping DLo for Kyrie in the lineup. Losing Rui off the bench. Not keeping Beasley & Bamba’s salaries. And they’ll have maybe $13mil to fill 5 bench spots. A recipe for disaster.

Reactions: DLF
The lakers nation guy might be right. Dlo could be the classic “good player on a bad team.”

When he’s actually relied on to be great on a good team, he hasn’t delivered. 3 huge games and he’s been in a no-show in two of them.

Hope he balls out and we win the next two

I'm not worried about Lebron and this Dillon Brooks nonsense.
bron been scoring pretty solid outside of the 3pt shooting
i hope hes getting so many 3s up because he feels he can attack the rim whenever so he's trying to get a rhythm in his 3s
granted some of them are bogus (early shot clock triple threat jab threat pull ups :lol:)
at least i hope

dlo gotta make some shots if he want that contract man lol
AD will be okay i think. think he sort of let them dictate his game a little 'too' much. they gotta find away to help him with them quad coverages in the paint :lol:

Seriously. Everyone talking about this like Bron is..................................Dillon Brooks or something.

Imagine Bron losing himself trying to prove a point to Dillon Brooks. In a first round playoff series no less. :lol:
Bron has nothing to prove to brooks, he’s a complete 🐱

I can’t wait for Bron to drop 40 on him next game :smh: :lol:

Lots of talk about the Laker defense, but outside of the 1st quarter I thought they played good enough to win on that end…

Feel like mainly just needed to hit some makable shots and this could’ve been a win. Vando can’t keep missing these point blank range shots… I hope lol.

yup. They got to within 6. Few possesions before that, bron missed an easy layup along with a few miscues by AD and AR. Coulda been a tied game and who knows what coulda happened then 🤷🏽‍♂️

The lakers nation guy might be right. Dlo could be the classic “good player on a bad team.”

When he’s actually relied on to be great on a good team, he hasn’t delivered. 3 huge games and he’s been in a no-show in two of them.

Hope he balls out and we win the next two

But nobody argues he’s a number 1 option. Most teams where their PG is the number 1 option struggle or have a limited ceiling. The teams that don’t are often guys who would more traditionally be in another position.
He could be a number 2 option if you give him the right role, and the team is a very long team that spreads the court.
But being a 3rd option, a steading guy is the sweet spot for him.

He was relied on since he got back in LA. And delivered pretty well with the exception of Game 2.
They don’t make the playoffs without him. (No he’s not the only reason, but he along with AD and AR’s emergence, Bron making it back are the biggest sticking points).
Really poor shooting night in the play-in, but still got 8 assists and 1 turnover. That’s not nothing and did matter. .
Game 1 was a good game.

There’s a track record for mediocre shooting nights in the playoffs for him. But up to this series has been on teams where the talent gap was pretty big. Even last year Wolves/Grizz. You don’t blow numerous big leads throughout the series if you are in the same stratosphere as the other team.

The idea is Ham needs to adjust, for everybody because not a single guy except Rui has looked comfortable out on the court in a bunch of moments. Put guys in a place they can succeed. I.e. Not dumping it into the post every time to AD when it isn’t working. Not having Bron play entirely with bench guys. Getting DLo some minutes with the starters without AR/DS. Getting AR minutes with the starters without DLo. And when DLo/AR are playing together. Allow them to play off each other. Not just a individual guard play

Malik Beasley really screwed up putting this team on another level because it has forced them to mash together a bunch of weird rotations.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MVP
Back
Top Bottom