**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I don't remember specifically anything last playoffs except he was bad vs the Grizzlies. When he took the Nets to the playoffs, the Sixers sicced a still physically and mentally fit Ben Simmons on him after game one and that series was over from that point forward. But they were drawing dead already.

Turning the ball over early set the tone.

Another one of those games where we got behind and just didn't have enough to come back all the way.

Couple shots fall here and there and cut the turnovers in half and we win.

This typical for this year so while I'm frustrated, I'm not surprised.

I don't remember specifically anything last playoffs except he was bad vs the Grizzlies. When he took the Nets to the playoffs, the Sixers sicced a still physically and mentally fit Ben Simmons on him after game one and that series was over from that point forward. But they were drawing dead already.

Grizzles series last year was predicated on taking DLo out from scoring. DLo torched them in the regular season (31/6 on 58% shooting in 4 games). Playing him extremely physical. Allowing KAT and Ant to do whatever. Because KAT is KAT and Ant was young.

They also had Vando, McDaniels and Pat Bev in the lineups playing heavy minutes so all of the spacing was small as ****.

A couple of the games, DLo was a huge part of why they got a big lead. One of the games the whole team fizzled out and the other, they died after they took DLo out.

The Nets/76ers series was very similar. A young team that gritted to the playoffs. Meeting a well established team. And very few scoring threats that could manage anything that could match Sixers

hopefully this one of those games where AD watches the tape and sees he coulda been more aggressive and come out on fire game 3

Anyway, DLo is still likely a Laker next year. There’s very few pivot points from him.
Dame isn’t happening. Kyrie’s salary isn’t going to fall in line to make it work.

If DLo doesn’t get it done; and Lakers don’t win the title which was a long shot anyway. And DLo plays himself all the way down to $15million, that’s a win for the Lakers. Because it allows them to get as many quality players as possible while retaining Reaves and Rui. And avoiding the tax.

If he plays great and the Lakers win, great for everybody.

It’s a win/win even if they lose (word to Rosie Perez)

The problem is Lakers don’t have much flexibility to go in some grandiose other direction that is a significantly better alternative.

The tough part about tricking off road games like this is that the Lakers are not some dominant home team where games 3 and 4 are automatic victories.

At least we can take solace in the fact that Memphis is one of the worst road teams in the league 🤷🏿‍♂️

what a wasted opportunity.
Although techinally true

It is INCREDIBLY hard to win two straight on the road unless you’re an elite team playing a team much worse than you (if this was the case you wouldn’t be on the road for first two)

We are pretty well matched although we are definitely better bc we are healthier.

Split the first two.

Even title teams don’t sweep the playoffs. That’s why that 15-1 laker title run in 2001 was so special. Even the dubs use to go to game 6 and 7 frequently

I wasn’t joking when I said grizz would win today. Just play the odds of nba history.

Warriors will win game 3. Damn near guaranteed if draymond wasn’t suspended but still highly likely. It’s just the history of the league and human nature.

This is KIND OF why the nba pisses me off compared to nfl. Sometimes fans are more up for these games than the players lol. In a 1 and done that’s not true

yeah i thought they wouldve put vando on bane for sure but they opted to have him on JJJ
and bron on bane lol

Yeah and lakers have no backup big man. Smh

I said it in the beginning of the season, With no backup big Davis is forced to carry the entire load And the lakers will not be able to build leads or catch up when he is off the floor because we have nobody like a Turner to help AD

Yeah and lakers have no backup big man. Smh

I said it in the beginning of the season, With no backup big Davis is forced to carry the entire load And the lakers will not be able to build leads or catch up when he is off the floor because we have nobody like a Turner to help AD

Did Mo Bamba die or something? It's our own fault for not playing him more than 30 seconds

that post game presser from dlo was weird af lol
0 accountability *** boy
im good w/ him

bring me Hela :lol:

Russell is the definition of an 82 game player and not a 16 game player. The crazy thing is that game 1 (where he played poorly in the first half and played okay in the second half) is literally one of the best playoff games he's ever played.

It's a small sample size of about a dozen games but Russell has been hot garbage in all but one of them. He just doesn't have the ability to raise his game in important spots but he's good enough to help you on a night tonight basis in the regular season.

I always thought Conley was a better fit

All that playoff experience. Ntm MC is clutch

Back
Top Bottom